Wikiposts

IEC questions

Old Sep 11th 2014, 12:11 am
Just Joined

jj10125 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IEC questions

Hello everyone,

I have some questions regarding the IEC program, basically I was in a 4 year relationship/engagement with a Canadian girl and one of our big plans was a move to Canada? unfortunately the relationship ended last month but as Canada was such a big goal I think I owe it myself to see it through if only for 12 months : ) so all is not lost

So regarding IEC, as a new interest in the program the main thing I don't understand is when to register, when to submit? I have a Kompass account am I right in assuming I need to re-register in 2015? sorry I am sure that's a pretty newb question

Also currently I am self employed, operating my own business and working as a contractor for a big US web hosting company - if I were to go to Canada and still intend to operate my own business and fulfil my contract (I only need internet access to do this) does that rule me out of the IEC program at all?

Thank you in advance!
Old Sep 11th 2014, 9:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC questions

No it doesn't rule you out of the IEC. basically the IEC gives you an open restricted work permit to work anywhere in Canada. Working remotely via internet would not actually require a work permit however getting to stay for 12 months doing this would be harder than applying for the IEC.
Me go for the IEC which should open around Dec 2014/Jan 2015.