Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

IEC Proof of Funds on Arrival (Which banks give you the easiest time?)

IEC Proof of Funds on Arrival (Which banks give you the easiest time?)

Old Mar 18th 2013, 12:37 am
Just Joined

eempc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IEC Proof of Funds on Arrival (Which banks give you the easiest time?)

Proof of Funds (taken from here)

What do I need to show as proof of funds upon arrival in Canada?

On your arrival in Canada, you must have a statement from your bank account that must have been issued no more than one (1) week before your departure for Canada. It must clearly demonstrate you have sufficient funds in your account to support yourself financially for the first three months of your stay in Canada (C$2,500).

My banking institution has informed me they will not provide a bank statement before my departure to Canada. What can I submit as a substitute when I arrive at the Port of Entry?

If your banking institution will not provide you with a bank statement that demonstrates you have sufficient funds in your bank account to support yourself financially for the first three months of your stay in Canada (C$2,500), you may submit the following as proof of funds:

A letter on official letterhead from your banking institution issued one (1) week before your departure for Canada that clearly shows your account balance, signed, dated, and preferably stamped.

Please note you must submit the original letter provided to you by your banking institution, not a photocopy.
If anyone has already arrived in Canada, which bank do you use (in the UK)? And was it easy to get them to print a statement, stamp and sign it?

I just remember a while ago I needed 'certified' statements for another purpose and the process was a pain to go through for Nationwide and RBS, but not so much for Halifax.

I bank with all three so I'm hoping one of them will at least be compliant.
Old Mar 18th 2013, 12:58 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC Proof of Funds on Arrival (Which banks give you the easiest time?)

I just printed out a statement from my online account and that was fine. I'm guessing that it doesnt much matter.
Old Mar 18th 2013, 1:49 am
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC Proof of Funds on Arrival (Which banks give you the easiest time?)

If you have online banking you just print your statements from there! There isn't any need to get it stamped, that was a prior requirement a few years back that they scrapped