IEC to PR

Old Mar 9th 2014, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

the blairs will become famous soon enough
Default IEC to PR

Hi,
Looks like the Irish IEC opens next week!!
As it gives 2 years I was wondering what the best way of applying for PR would be once we are in Canada?
It would be my husband's IEC, I would apply for a SOWP once he got a job (he would be in the NOC A, O or B category) and our two kids (12 and 16) would be in school.
Any ideas or places I could look for more info?
Wouldn't want to get over there and not be able to apply for PR!

Thanks x
Old Mar 9th 2014, 1:27 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC to PR

Originally Posted by the blairs
Hi,
Looks like the Irish IEC opens next week!!
As it gives 2 years I was wondering what the best way of applying for PR would be once we are in Canada?
It would be my husband's IEC, I would apply for a SOWP once he got a job (he would be in the NOC A, O or B category) and our two kids (12 and 16) would be in school.
Any ideas or places I could look for more info?
Wouldn't want to get over there and not be able to apply for PR!

Thanks x
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Category:Canada
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

Basically, with a job offer (or working) he could apply via Provincial Nomination, Federal Skilled Worker with job offer, Canadian Experience Class. Be aware that the process will be changing in January 2015 which may make it harder.

Old Mar 9th 2014, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

For federal skilled worker would he have to be on the 'list'? Because his job was one of the ones that were removed on the last change hence the need for IEC.
Also would you know if he has had to be working for a certain period of time on the IEC before we apply for one of the PR schemes?
Thanks for your help x
Old Mar 9th 2014, 4:37 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

For federal skilled worker would he have to be on the 'list'? Because his job was one of the ones that were removed on the last change hence the need for IEC.
Also would you know if he has had to be working for a certain period of time on the IEC before we apply for one of the PR schemes?
Thanks for your help x
You are very welcome.

If he manages to get a skilled position (A/O/B) with a confirmed offer of a permanent, full time job then the job does not need to be on the list. It can be any skilled job for FSW (with job offer).

He would not need to be working for FSW with job offer.
He would need 1 year of working in Canada in a skilled job for CEC.
With PNP it really depends on the Province and the type of job he is doing.

I would suggest having a read of the wiki and CIC website.

Old Mar 10th 2014, 5:21 am
Forum Regular

Another wee query. The IEC does away with the need for an LMO for a job. If he applied for PR based on that job so doing away with the need to be on the list, would he need an LMO?
Hope that makes sense
Old Mar 10th 2014, 5:24 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Another wee query. The IEC does away with the need for an LMO for a job. If he applied for PR based on that job so doing away with the need to be on the list, would he need an LMO?
Hope that makes sense
For FSW, then yes, he would need a LMO as IEC doesn't come under one of the eligible categories for 'arranged employment'. But for PNP or CEC, no LMO is needed.

HTH.
Old Mar 10th 2014, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

Most helpful, thanks!