IEC - Police Certs (UK & US)

Old Oct 29th 2013, 11:43 pm
Just Joined

ktpafc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IEC - Police Certs (UK & US)

Hi there,

I am looking to apply for a 12 month permit for 2014 in Canada. I have just found out that I will need to have police certificates along with my application. I have never been in trouble with the law so I am not concerned about them being bad or causing my application to be refused.

The only thing I am concerned about is that I lived in America in 2010 (Mar-Nov H2b), 2011 (Feb-Nov H2b), 2012 (Feb-Dec VWP). I am now back living in the UK. Do I need to obtain a police certificate from the US as well as one from the UK? If so, does anybody know how I would go about obtaining a Police Certificate from the US?

Many thanks

KT
Old Oct 30th 2013, 12:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC - Police Certs (UK & US)

Yes, you do need one for anywhere you've lived for 6 months or more.

The info on how to get one is on the CIC website, here you go - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ted-states.asp
Old Oct 30th 2013, 1:11 am
BE Enthusiast

vinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond repute

Make certain at the time that you have your ink fingerprints taken that the person recording them onto the card (i.e., for you to then mail-in to the FBI) is fully aware of the FBI's stringent/tight/no-nonsense/no-leeway requirements regarding the quality/positioning/etc of ink fingerprint rollings. I had a regular beat cop in Seattle do mine for me & the FBI wrote back a month later saying they weren't good enough and I had to re-do them. Don't let some regular beat cop tell you "they'll be fine", as I let happen the first time around. Good luck.
Old Oct 30th 2013, 1:30 am
Just Joined

I am in the UK at the moment and will be until (hopefully) I get to Canada.

Do I download the FBI required files and complete them in England (at my local police station) and then send from the UK? Will they send documentation/certificates to the UK or do I have to have them sent to a US address and then have someone forward on to me?

I appreciate your help so far and apologize for all the questions but want to make sure everything is in place.

Many thanks
Old Oct 30th 2013, 1:40 am
Just Joined

It's ok I have navigated the FBI website and found all relevant information. Thanks for your help.