IEC to LMO/CAQ Quebec

Old Jan 17th 2015, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

AnotherBloke is a name known to allAnotherBloke is a name known to allAnotherBloke is a name known to allAnotherBloke is a name known to allAnotherBloke is a name known to allAnotherBloke is a name known to allAnotherBloke is a name known to allAnotherBloke is a name known to allAnotherBloke is a name known to allAnotherBloke is a name known to allAnotherBloke is a name known to all
Default IEC to LMO/CAQ Quebec

I am currently in Canada(Montreal, Quebec) on an IEC visa, and I will be applying for the 2015 visa. I would like my employer to apply for an LMO, so I can stay here for as long as I need for PR(permanent residency).

I'm hoping someone has some experience with getting an LMO/CAQ in Quebec, If so I would like to get some information from you, please leave a reply here.

Thank you.
Old Jan 18th 2015, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC to LMO/CAQ Quebec

Which category would you/your job/employer be in?

Hiring Temporary Foreign Workers in Quebec | ESDC LMIA

Immigration, Diversité et Inclusion Québec - Applying for a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ – Québec selection certificate) CSQ

Have you looked at either of the above links yet? What is your job/career/industry? Have you talked to your employer about the options?

I worked - quite hard! - on an LMO application on behalf of an employer (hospitality industry) *before* the 2014 upheaval and overhaul. I'm not sure said LMO would be granted today...
Old Jan 19th 2015, 9:59 pm
is awesome

catpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by AnotherBloke
I am currently in Canada(Montreal, Quebec) on an IEC visa, and I will be applying for the 2015 visa. I would like my employer to apply for an LMO, so I can stay here for as long as I need for PR(permanent residency).

I'm hoping someone has some experience with getting an LMO/CAQ in Quebec, If so I would like to get some information from you, please leave a reply here.

Thank you.
I'm a little confused about why you even need the LMO. If you apply for the CSQ now then you should have it by the end of the year then apply for PR through the Quebec Skilled Worker programme (assuming you meet the necessary qualifications for it). The LMO will only be needed once your IEC is close to expiring so you can get a work permit. I'm pretty certain LMOs have expiry dates so you'd just be causing unnecessary expense for your employer. Am I missing something that says you need the LMO soon???

Cat
(PR through QSW btw after 2x IEC)
Old Jan 19th 2015, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by catpea33
I'm a little confused about why you even need the LMO. If you apply for the CSQ now then you should have it by the end of the year then apply for PR through the Quebec Skilled Worker programme (assuming you meet the necessary qualifications for it). The LMO will only be needed once your IEC is close to expiring so you can get a work permit. I'm pretty certain LMOs have expiry dates so you'd just be causing unnecessary expense for your employer. Am I missing something that says you need the LMO soon???

Cat
(PR through QSW btw after 2x IEC)
I was a bit confused too, which is why I posted both links. I'll also admit to misreading "CAQ" in the OP as "CSQ", which may have "mêlé les pistes" even more . No matter, the links cover both