British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   IEC invite after PR application (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/iec-invite-after-pr-application-900707/)

Sian22040 Jul 27th 2017 12:09 pm

IEC invite after PR application

Hi guys,

I received my iec invite yesterday had given up completely and applied for PR a few weeks ago

My question is my PR application is already in but is it worth me applying for IEC as well? Am I even able to do this?

My thinking is this would be processed more quickly and as such I could move sooner but also thinking if my application gets rejected for some reason I can still move out there and reapply with some Canadian work experience?

What are people's thoughts is it worth also applying for IEC?
TIA
Sian

Engineer_abroad Jul 27th 2017 3:31 pm

Re: IEC invite after PR application

Have you applied for PR (i.e. received an ITA) or are you just in the pool of candidates?

If just in the pool then I would suggest you take the IEC, and stay in the pool incase an ITA comes through.

MegaJamie Jul 27th 2017 3:39 pm

Have you had ITA for your PR application, or just submitted an expression of interest into the pool?

Either way, IEC will get you out there sooner, you'd just need to send case specific emails on things like changing address, acruing enough time in canada to need a police certificate as an when they arise.

If you can afford it that is, so dependent upon proof of funds.

Sian22040 Jul 27th 2017 3:44 pm

I have received the PR ITA and submitted the actual application, have everything in place for the PR side of things just wasn't sure whether to accept the IEC to get me out there quicker or as a backup incase I get rejected or something and need to apply again which would obviously be longer again

I think it's just taken me by surprise after waiting since day 1 for iec

Thanks

Engineer_abroad Jul 27th 2017 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by Sian22040 (Post 12304267)
I have received the PR ITA and submitted the actual application, have everything in place for the PR side of things just wasn't sure whether to accept the IEC to get me out there quicker or as a backup incase I get rejected or something and need to apply again which would obviously be longer again

I think it's just taken me by surprise after waiting since day 1 for iec

Thanks

any reason you are expecting to be rejected? If it was me I would not want to risk having two applications in for 2 things at the same time. The assessment guys get confused enough as it is.

I will have to leave opinions on whether you can have both at the same to those with more knowledge of this than me.

When did you put your application in?

Cheers

Sian22040 Jul 27th 2017 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad (Post 12304300)
any reason you are expecting to be rejected? If it was me I would not want to risk having two applications in for 2 things at the same time. The assessment guys get confused enough as it is.

I will have to leave opinions on whether you can have both at the same to those with more knowledge of this than me.

When did you put your application in?

Cheers

Put the application in about 4 weeks ago. There's no reason in particular just always worry about stuff like this and really want to be able to go. Iv seen so many people on some of the Facebook forums get rejected for stupid things and then have to reapply making the process longer if I was already out there wouldn't be an issue