IEC help

Old Dec 20th 2017, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

james28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IEC help

Hi everyone

After missing out last year I received my invitation to apply for a work permit (currently jumping up and down on my desk!).
However, as they require a police check which this time of year isn't going to come before the 28th deadline for me to submit. I understand that on the email it said I can submit proof that I've requested one. My question is where do I submit this? Do I do it under where the police certificate should be on the page where I submit all my documents?

Thank you in advance.
James
Old Dec 20th 2017, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

mahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC help

Don't they give you 20 days to send in your application?

Not sure where to submit, but you could also use the Premium Police check service. I've done it before and it is fast but admittedly as you say, time is against you
Old Dec 22nd 2017, 5:33 am
Just Joined

Greg87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations on getting that invite 😁

This doesn't really answer the question but I've just submitted my application after getting invited the other week...I was in a bit of a panic that my police check wouldn't come in time either, given the time of year, but I opted for the 2 day service and express delivery and they were true to their word (I'd had awful visions of the office that deals with them being empty and there being no one around to process it until after Christmas). So you may still have a shot at getting it back in time! Good luck
Old Dec 23rd 2017, 3:29 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by james28
Hi everyone

After missing out last year I received my invitation to apply for a work permit (currently jumping up and down on my desk!).
However, as they require a police check which this time of year isn't going to come before the 28th deadline for me to submit. I understand that on the email it said I can submit proof that I've requested one. My question is where do I submit this? Do I do it under where the police certificate should be on the page where I submit all my documents?

Thank you in advance.
James
You submit it on the 'Document Checklist' page in MyCIC, I believe.
"If you’re not able to get a police certificate before the deadline to submit your application, you may upload:

a copy of the receipt proving you have requested one, or
a screenshot of the confirmation page or email you received when ordered your police certificate online."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...nt=Informative <-- step by step instructions

Last edited by Siouxie; Dec 23rd 2017 at 3:32 am.