Wikiposts

IEC Habitual Residency Query

Old Aug 3rd 2011, 8:01 am
Just Joined

thumpers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IEC Habitual Residency Query

Hi All,

I am currently over in Canada on the 1 year USIT visa (might be called something different in UK but basically the original 1year working holiday programme prior to IEC introduction visa).

I am applying for the 2nd year visa through the IEC.

When filling out the application I saw a potential issue with this habitual residency requirement.

It says on the website :
What does “3 years habitual residency requirement” mean?
This means that that a candidate’s habitual residence (i.e. physically residing/living) must be in Ireland for a period of at least three years full-time prior to applying to the IEC. An exception is made if the candidate is temporarily in a foreign country for studies or short-term work, depending on the amount of time spent outside UK.

I lived in UK for a number of years in my 20s and did not live in Ireland for the full three years prior coming to Canada.

Has anyone else had any issues or any experience with this like in a vice versa way etc ?

I am naturally an Irish citizen but my resume will show that I lived and worked in UK for a number of years prior to coming to Canada. Any feedback at all on this would be hugely appreciated as very confused whether I should live out my UK experience on the application but then am torn on if I get caught leaving out info like this it could completely ruin any future chance of me coming back here.

Has anyone else here had a similar issue regarding the IEC form ?
Has anyone actually said they have worked in other countries (ignoring tempory visa countries) and actually had no issues with getting the 2nd year IEC visa?

Thanks very much all.