IEC Habitual Residence Query

Old Jun 2nd 2011, 11:53 am
Just Joined

lbob is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IEC Habitual Residence Query

Hi all, Im really hoping someone can help me out on this one.... what is the maximum amount of time an applicant be temporarily working out of their resident country for to still be elibible for the IEC programme? I worked on and off cruise ships in the last 3 years as well as wokring at home and am worried its going to affect the outcome of my application? Has anyone had a smililar experience or can anyone shed any light??!! Much appreciated!!!!!
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 2:32 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC Habitual Residence Query

If it was temp work then it should be OK as long as the UK was still your 'main home'.

For example if you were working on cruise ships for a few months at a time but were Florida based with US residence then you would probably not be eligible. At a guess, I'd say this should be OK.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 8:52 am
Just Joined

lbob is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much for the reply!! Yes my main home is the UK and always has been, but i went away 4 times- so do you think this would still class as 'temporary'work? Thanks again
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 8:54 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lbob
Thank you so much for the reply!! Yes my main home is the UK and always has been, but i went away 4 times- so do you think this would still class as 'temporary'work? Thanks again
Where were you paying tax? If the UK, then that shows that you were a resident of the UK at the time.