Work permit issues

Old Feb 9th 2018, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

Grimm894 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work permit issues

Hey

I came to canada as a truck and coach technician on a work permit and we have just been invited to apply for PR status under the federal skilled workers handle. My provisional license for 310t has expired and i challenged it unsuccessfully. My work permit states i must be employed in this specific role with this specific company. So right now i am not allowed to work in Canada. As i am the primary applicant will my PR application be revoked?? I think i may be up the proverbial shhh creek without a paddle
Old Feb 9th 2018, 9:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work permit issues

Originally Posted by Grimm894
Hey

I came to canada as a truck and coach technician on a work permit and we have just been invited to apply for PR status under the federal skilled workers handle. My provisional license for 310t has expired and i challenged it unsuccessfully. My work permit states i must be employed in this specific role with this specific company. So right now i am not allowed to work in Canada. As i am the primary applicant will my PR application be revoked?? I think i may be up the proverbial shhh creek without a paddle
Do you still meet the requirements for the PR programme you applied under?
What will it take if not now qualified?
I have no idea what IRCC do with a person who is qualified to submit a PR application submits it then throughout the processing is no longer qualified although this from the website seems to suggest
Decision on your application
We will make a decision on your application based on if you:

meet the eligibility criteria for the program
are admissible to Canada, based on the results of your:
medical exam
police certificates
background checks
You will need to pay your Right of Permanent Residence fees, if you haven't already.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ext-steps.html

Last edited by Former Lancastrian; Feb 9th 2018 at 9:55 pm.
Old Feb 9th 2018, 11:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Do you still meet the requirements for the PR programme you applied under?
What will it take if not now qualified?
I have no idea what IRCC do with a person who is qualified to submit a PR application submits it then throughout the processing is no longer qualified although this from the website seems to suggest
Decision on your application
We will make a decision on your application based on if you:

meet the eligibility criteria for the program
are admissible to Canada, based on the results of your:
medical exam
police certificates
background checks
You will need to pay your Right of Permanent Residence fees, if you haven't already.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ext-steps.html
Yeah i have no idea if i have a leg to stand on... we applied over a month ago and paid all of our government fees when the application went in.. we have the funds to support ourselves for about 6months and by then it should be in and i can just go back to work but as an apprentice. Where i worked there are 2 "apprentices" that have been working there for about 15 years and they still failed this 310t test numerous times
Old Feb 10th 2018, 7:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Can you clarify, did you apply under the Federal Skilled Worker program, or the Federal Skilled Trades program? I'd have imagined the trades, but you say FSW and that does make a big difference.

Also, which province are you in, do you have a spouse and if so are they working and in what job? And lastly, how long have you been working on your current work permit? If you can give us more info, we can try and help.
Old Feb 10th 2018, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Can you clarify, did you apply under the Federal Skilled Worker program, or the Federal Skilled Trades program? I'd have imagined the trades, but you say FSW and that does make a big difference.

Also, which province are you in, do you have a spouse and if so are they working and in what job? And lastly, how long have you been working on your current work permit? If you can give us more info, we can try and help.
I think it may be the trades one off the top of my head i cant remember. My wife works for the trucking side of the company i worked for, small and family run, she deals with the rules and regs and also health and safety we have had our work permits for 10months so far and we live in Ontario
Old Feb 10th 2018, 2:49 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah i have no idea if i have a leg to stand on... we applied over a month ago and paid all of our government fees when the application went in.. we have the funds to support ourselves for about 6months and by then it should be in and i can just go back to work but as an apprentice. Where i worked there are 2 "apprentices" that have been working there for about 15 years and they still failed this 310t test numerous times
To go on apprenticeship you need PR first.
Old Feb 10th 2018, 2:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I think it may be the trades one off the top of my head i cant remember. My wife works for the trucking side of the company i worked for, small and family run, she deals with the rules and regs and also health and safety we have had our work permits for 10months so far and we live in Ontario
OK, so can you check? It makes all the difference - FSW and it doesn't matter at all, FST and you need either a job offer or provincial certification to be eligible, neither of which you have at the moment.

So if you did apply under FST then you'll need to inform CIC that your job offer & TWP is no longer valid. But if your wife would score enough (under FSW, FST won't be an option for her) then that could be a good Plan B. Is her work permit tied to yours i.e. a spousal open work permit?
Old Feb 10th 2018, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
OK, so can you check? It makes all the difference - FSW and it doesn't matter at all, FST and you need either a job offer or provincial certification to be eligible, neither of which you have at the moment.

So if you did apply under FST then you'll need to inform CIC that your job offer & TWP is no longer valid. But if your wife would score enough (under FSW, FST won't be an option for her) then that could be a good Plan B. Is her work permit tied to yours i.e. a spousal open work permit?
Yeah i have applied under the FST. She has an open work permit to work anywhere and my kids both have study visas as well. Will i need to go home or will i just not be able to work? If she doesnt qualify is there any way of still pursuing residency?
Old Feb 10th 2018, 5:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Yeah i have applied under the FST.
Oh bum. So from what you've said you don't have provincial certification and were using the job offer to qualify for the FST program, is that right? Exactly what stage are you at, you say you have 'just been invited to apply for PR' but then in another post say you've applied and paid your fees a month ago?

Will i need to go home or will i just not be able to work?
You can stay until the end of your work permit, you just can't work without a new one (or until you get PR). Bizarrely, even though it's linked to yours, your wife can keep working I believe.

If she doesnt qualify is there any way of still pursuing residency?
Yes, if you do. Maybe a FSW app, what is your CRS score?
Old May 18th 2018, 12:19 am
Just Joined

UPDATE

all went well and our PR came through 2 weeks ago and it has been validated. I'm now a permanent resident of Canada. Thanks everyone for the help.
Old May 18th 2018, 4:21 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

UPDATE

all went well and our PR came through 2 weeks ago and it has been validated. I'm now a permanent resident of Canada. Thanks everyone for the help.

Congrats!!!!!