IEC EXPIRED

Old Sep 9th 2021, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

mmark is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IEC EXPIRED

Does anyone how i can improve my crs score it is low at 332, i am eligible for Canadian experience class, i am a tradesman and i cant get my qualifications transfered, i am 25 years old and single, how do i get my crs higher?
Old Sep 9th 2021, 9:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC EXPIRED

Hi, welcome to BE.

You say you’re a tradesman but what’s your NOC code? If it’s one eligible for the Federal Skilled Trade program then that has a lower point threshold. What do you mean you can’t get your qualifications transferred?

When did you apply for EE? Presumably quite recently? If so, you never know, points may dip again (they went as low as 75 for CEC earlier this year).

Your thread title doesn’t seem relevant to your question, can you clarify?
Old Sep 9th 2021, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

thanks for the reply. my noc number is 7301, and i am from the uk and did a apprenticeship and i cannot find how i can get it assessed and i applied for the EE at the end of march this year
Old Sep 10th 2021, 12:48 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mmark
thanks for the reply. my noc number is 7301, and i am from the uk and did a apprenticeship and i cannot find how i can get it assessed and i applied for the EE at the end of march this year
Are you positive about your NOC? -7301 is Contractors and supervisors, mechanic trades
Did you trained as a vehicle technician (mechanic) or are you an 'Industrial machinery mechanic' (aka Millwright) or something else entirely? What was the name of your trade in the UK?

Which Province are you living in? You will need to 'challenge' the Certificate of Qualification, based on experiience / number of hours you can prove.. usually around 9,000 are required. If you can say which Province you are in, we can tell you how to do this. Once you have it, (or a valid job offer) you could qualify for Federal Skilled worker (Trades) route...

You mention your IEC has expired in your job title - what were you working as during your time here - and in which Province?

Last edited by Siouxie; Sep 10th 2021 at 12:54 am.
Old Sep 10th 2021, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

i worked as a tech for land rover, do you think the CEC will go down this year?
Old Sep 10th 2021, 2:43 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

i worked as a tech for land rover, do you think the CEC will go down this year?
Do double check to see if NOC 7321 is a better fit (main duties etc.,) than 7301
Which Province are you living in? Without that information we can't direct you to the right Certificate of Qualification page - having a C of Q will help you.. with that your points may be suffcient to get you an invite under the FSW Trades route.

CEC went down this year several times - as low as 75 in February, when they invited more than 27,000 applicants.. and has crept up since then. Are you in the Express Entry Pool?
February 13, 2021 Canadian Experience Class 27,332 75
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...html#wb-auto-4
Old Sep 10th 2021, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

yes i am in the express entry pool and i live in ontario
Old Sep 10th 2021, 6:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Your thread title says ‘IEC expired’, so what is your current status in Canada? When did your IEC expire?
Old Sep 10th 2021, 6:45 pm
Banned

If you want to see if you qualify - and to apply - for a certificate of qualification for Ontario look at 'Experienced Workers' > https://www.collegeoftrades.ca/trade-assessment
For information about eligibility, the application process and requirements, download the Trade Equivalency Assessment Application Guide and Form.
(if you open it in 'firefox' you can opt to open it in a new tab wthout needing to download it - if you just want a quick look)