IEC / Dual Intent PR

Old Sep 12th 2019, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

shaunc89 has a reputation beyond reputeshaunc89 has a reputation beyond reputeshaunc89 has a reputation beyond reputeshaunc89 has a reputation beyond reputeshaunc89 has a reputation beyond reputeshaunc89 has a reputation beyond reputeshaunc89 has a reputation beyond reputeshaunc89 has a reputation beyond reputeshaunc89 has a reputation beyond reputeshaunc89 has a reputation beyond reputeshaunc89 has a reputation beyond repute
Default IEC / Dual Intent PR

Hi folks,

I’ve recently been approved for an IEC Work Permit and flying out in February to begin my Canadian adventure. I’m also in the fortunate position that my employer here in the UK has agreed to give me a job for our Canadian subsidiary - we have customers there right now but we usually just fly someone in from the states when we need to visit them; so having me there benefits both of us.

I’m also in the EE pool but I have a score which is just below the average cut off over the last year (save for one in January). I’m 30 so my points will start going down from this point on so the point of doing the IEC was to try and get Canadian work experience whilst I can to boost my points; and hoping for provincial nomination from Ontario in one of the tech draws (im a software engineer).

So, I’m kind of wondering what documentation I should bring to prove to them that I’ll leave at the end of the two years if the P.R. Stuff hasn’t happened. I discussed permission to let with my mortgage provider and they told me that due to the nature of the area and a high number of requests that they would only permit it for 6 months or less - so I think I’m going to sell up. I’m just worried that will set off a red flag.

I can book a flight but most airlines don’t let you do that 2 years in advance, I was thinking of booking one on Avios that i can change the date on if needs be for a change fee.

Has anyone done this recently? I want to be honest about my plans, but just want to make sure I have everything I need to have to prove I’m not trying to scam the system or anything like that.
Old Sep 12th 2019, 9:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC / Dual Intent PR

Normally those on 2 year work permits for IEC are not asked for documentation regarding their intentions to return to their country. If asked I would mention you are also in the EE pool but I doubt they will ask. Most airlines won't let you book a return ticket over 2 years so CBSA usually don't ask for one.