iec dual citizenship

Old Dec 10th 2013, 2:53 am
Just Joined

ericmurf55 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default iec dual citizenship

Hello

Looking for any help or advice I have searched the internet and emailed iec but no response. As a dual citizen of the UK and Ireland am I able to obtain IEC work visa on both passports?

Cheers
Old Dec 10th 2013, 2:58 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: iec dual citizenship

Originally Posted by ericmurf55
Hello

Looking for any help or advice I have searched the internet and emailed iec but no response. As a dual citizen of the UK and Ireland am I able to obtain IEC work visa on both passports?

Cheers
Do you mean either passport? Then yes of course. But if you use the Irish one you get 2 years rather than one.

If you mean can you get 2 years on the Irish one and then another on the UK one, I don't know. But you'd really have to have screwed up the first 2 years if you need to do that.
Old Dec 10th 2013, 3:01 am
Just Joined

Thanks I am currently on my British passport on an IEC visa I cant go for a second on this passport as I am too old at 31!! As the Irish age is 35 I would still qualify for that programme.
Old Dec 10th 2013, 3:07 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Yep you should be fine for the Irish one.
Old Dec 10th 2013, 3:24 am
Just Joined

Thanks im going to try but still not 100 percent they will allow me seems to easy !!
Old Dec 10th 2013, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

Katec19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ericmurf55
Thanks im going to try but still not 100 percent they will allow me seems to easy !!
Hey

I am sure you could apply this to your situation too but I have dual citizenship (New Zealand and the UK). I checked with IEC and they confirmed that I can apply for both programmes (I have already used the NZ programme so am applying to the UK programme in this round).

As long as you meet eligibility requirements for both programmes, there is no reason why it wouldn't be possible to participate in both.

Kate
Old Dec 11th 2013, 2:25 am
Just Joined

Many thanks for all your replies.
Old Dec 12th 2013, 12:23 pm
Just Joined

irishhels is an unknown quantity at this point

I have both passports (UK and Ireland) and was wondering exactly the same! Searched the internet but couldn't find any info so thanks for this.

I plan to apply for the UK IEC and then the irish IEC when it opens. So fingers crossed it does work but I'm the same - it seems way too easy!
Old Dec 13th 2013, 2:52 am
Just Joined

Hi everything points that it is possible so fingers crossed.
Old Dec 13th 2013, 9:58 am
Just Joined

irishhels is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep I emailed them yesterday to check & it is! Happy days!
I was also wondering if you were permitted to apply for both at the same time. Luckily got into the first stage of the UK IEC yesterday so was cheekily thinking could I apply for the Irish one in Jan but only one active application is permitted so always next year. How did everyone here get on - successful I hope?
Old Dec 13th 2013, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

My honest advice would be to (age allowing) to go for 2 years on the Irish IEC first, then use up the 2 separate years on the UK IEC. You never know, in 2 years time, the UK program might also run for 2 year blocks! In that way, you'll only have to apply twice.

If age is an issue, go with UK first and then Irish, so you can make the most of 4 years.
Old Dec 14th 2013, 1:57 am
Just Joined

Hi i got an email from iec today to confirm it is ok to get visas on both passports. Good advice above about getting UK and then Irish im too old at 31 to get another visa on the UK but luckily im still a youth in Ireland.

Thanks again for all the replies.
Old Dec 15th 2013, 8:52 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KuroKuro
You never know, in 2 years time, the UK program might also run for 2 year blocks!

...and pigs might fly! I wanted the Uk programme to up the age to 35, to 2 years and increase the amounts if visas this year. Disappointed!
Old Dec 15th 2013, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Chris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
...and pigs might fly! I wanted the Uk programme to up the age to 35, to 2 years and increase the amounts if visas this year. Disappointed!
But might they not do this is the future ?
Am I not right in thinking that some of the IEC's today have actually had 2 IEC Visa's previously and because of the changes they made some folk where allowed to participate again ?

I know NZ do a special Visa through Bunac that's up to 35.
Old Dec 15th 2013, 10:13 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris2222

I know NZ do a special Visa through Bunac that's up to 35.
They do but that has a quota as well and I don't know when they release that - it's only for a year.

But you can get a 2 year NZ visa with a medical as a UK citizen if your 30 or under. (Going to see if my medical for Canada if I get rejected if I can use the same medical for NZ)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.