Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

IEC - Court records? Help please!!

IEC - Court records? Help please!!

Old Dec 11th 2017, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

hh619 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IEC - Court records? Help please!!

Hi all,

I recently submitted my IEC application. I accidentally sent over a Subject Access police report instead of a police certificate.

Anyhow, they emailed me and i ordered a 2 day delivery for a Police certicate. I've re-submitted it and they now want "court records / police report"

See above. They also want to know my blood alcohol, but this wasn't taken as i wasn't driving a car.

There are no court records of my offenses. I assumed the Subject Access report was a police report.

Could someone please advise on what i actually need to send over to CIC?

Cheers

Matt
Old Dec 11th 2017, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: IEC - Court records? Help please!!

On my Subject Access it says:

Disposal (Court): AT PENALTY NOTICE COURT REF: 1 PENALTY NOTICE.
Court Name: PENALTY NOTICE

I think this is what they've flagged, but i don't recall ever going to court. I paid the penalty notice and that was it.
Old Dec 11th 2017, 8:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

You said on a previous thread that your other conviction was dismissed from court? So there must be court records of that.

For the one that never went to court, it's normally a Subject Access that gives full details I believe, so you could try resending that, with a covering letter saying it didn't go to court and was just a fixed penalty notice, so that's all you have?

HTH, good luck.
Old Dec 11th 2017, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You said on a previous thread that your other conviction was dismissed from court? So there must be court records of that.

For the one that never went to court, it's normally a Subject Access that gives full details I believe, so you could try resending that, with a covering letter saying it didn't go to court and was just a fixed penalty notice, so that's all you have?

HTH, good luck.
Thanks Christmasoompa, I've submitted a web form and included my subject access. I also put a reference to this https://www.gov.uk/caution-warning-penalty which states penalty notices, if paid in full: "You won’t get a criminal conviction if you pay the penalty." and i think it's this one they referring to.

In my previous thread i was referring to a 2003 offense when i was 13-14. It got dimissed before i even spoke to anyone, which resulted in a "Warning". I guess i can see if they have any records, but the subject access doesn't mention court for this offense.
Old Dec 11th 2017, 8:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matt88
In my previous thread i was referring to a 2003 offense when i was 13-14. It got dimissed before i even spoke to anyone, which resulted in a "Warning". I guess i can see if they have any records, but the subject access doesn't mention court for this offense.
You still need to declare it though, rather than risking being done for misrepresentation. It may show up on your ACPO, it may not, but you must still include it in your application.

HTH.
Old Dec 11th 2017, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You still need to declare it though, rather than risking being done for misrepresentation. It may show up on your ACPO, it may not, but you must still include it in your application.

HTH.
The offense is on the Subject Access Trace letter. Which states a Warning. There's no court reference.

But, i don't want to risk it by not disclosing it. What's the best way to obtain any court records (if any)? Tried calling the local migrates court and they were absolutely useless..
Old Dec 12th 2017, 1:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

I find if you contact ACRO by email, they are usually very helpful in providing you the correct links to get what you need.
Old Dec 12th 2017, 2:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Snowy560
I find if you contact ACRO by email, they are usually very helpful in providing you the correct links to get what you need.
Thanks Snowy, i'll give it a go!

Local magistrates court told me they may have a record, but they'd have to fish it out of the archives. Then went on to say; because of my age, and that there wasn't any action taken in court, they may not have recorded anything. Great!
Old Dec 12th 2017, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

If they can't find anything get them to write it on an email to you as evidence you tried. But email ACRO.

Last edited by Snowy560; Dec 12th 2017 at 3:24 am.
Old Dec 12th 2017, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

Wow i'm impressed by the speed of CIC! I sent over a web form message this AM. Just saw an email saying there's a message in my account.

"Your application to work in Canada has been approved."

Woohooo! Now the fun starts

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by hh619; Dec 12th 2017 at 5:08 am.