IEC couple

Old May 4th 2016, 11:09 pm
  #1  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 962
Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default IEC couple

Myself and my girlfriend have both applied for IEC. If she or I get selected then we have a limited window to accept the invitation. However neither of us will want to go without the other, if one of us is invited and accepts but then the other is not chosen, would it reflect badly if the person who accepted then did not go?
Shakyuk is offline  
Old May 4th 2016, 11:15 pm
  #2  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Somewhere between Vancouver & St Johns
Posts: 19,874
Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC couple

Originally Posted by Shakyuk
Myself and my girlfriend have both applied for IEC. If she or I get selected then we have a limited window to accept the invitation. However neither of us will want to go without the other, if one of us is invited and accepts but then the other is not chosen, would it reflect badly if the person who accepted then did not go?
No.
Former Lancastrian is offline  
Old May 5th 2016, 2:04 am
  #3  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 962
Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC couple

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
No.
Thank you for the reply although next time could you try and keep it a bit more concise please. I don't have time to read war and peace..
Shakyuk is offline  
Old May 5th 2016, 3:52 am
  #4  
Banned
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 19,879
Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC couple

Originally Posted by Shakyuk
Thank you for the reply although next time could you try and keep it a bit more concise please. I don't have time to read war and peace..


Providing that you are considered common-law (residing together for a minimum continuous period of 12 months) and can prove it:

If only one of you gets the invitation, the other can still come with them as a visitor - if the IEC person obtains a skilled (A, B or O NOC code) job that is permanent, the common-law partner can apply for an open work permit on the back of it.

Siouxie is offline  
Old May 5th 2016, 7:57 pm
  #5  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 962
Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC couple

Originally Posted by Siouxie


Providing that you are considered common-law (residing together for a minimum continuous period of 12 months) and can prove it:

If only one of you gets the invitation, the other can still come with them as a visitor - if the IEC person obtains a skilled (A, B or O NOC code) job that is permanent, the common-law partner can apply for an open work permit on the back of it.

I'm an engineer and my girlfriend is a mental health nurse, we've lived together for over 2 years. We have both started the process of registration for our respective professions and so potentially could qualify for that if one of us gets an invite and a job in our related fields. Thank you for the information, very good to know!
Shakyuk is offline  
Old May 6th 2016, 3:48 am
  #6  
Banned
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 19,879
Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC couple

Originally Posted by Shakyuk
I'm an engineer and my girlfriend is a mental health nurse, we've lived together for over 2 years. We have both started the process of registration for our respective professions and so potentially could qualify for that if one of us gets an invite and a job in our related fields. Thank you for the information, very good to know!


You're most welcome - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Siouxie is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.