IEC/BUNAC

Old Apr 13th 2011, 5:48 am
Just Joined

JayKay1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IEC/BUNAC

Ive spent alot of time reviewing threads and wiki, and find this site extremely helpful! I try not to post many threads but I have a question which i didnt notice in the threads.

My British girlfriend has just left after a 6 month stay here in Canada, loves it here and wants to come back asap, and be able to work here. So she has just applied for a Bunac work visa.

Can she come back here on a visitors visa now, as we wait the 8 weeks processing time for the Bunac to come in? And then have it mailed here to my Canadian address, (from her family in UK) then just start looking for work when it arrives?
Or will it be necessary to leave the country again and come back into Canada from the U.S. to activate it, and would they give us a problem at the border considering she would be in Canada already as a "visitor"?
Thank you.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC/BUNAC

Originally Posted by JayKay1
Ive spent alot of time reviewing threads and wiki, and find this site extremely helpful! I try not to post many threads but I have a question which i didnt notice in the threads.

My British girlfriend has just left after a 6 month stay here in Canada, loves it here and wants to come back asap, and be able to work here. So she has just applied for a Bunac work visa.

Can she come back here on a visitors visa now, as we wait the 8 weeks processing time for the Bunac to come in? And then have it mailed here to my Canadian address, (from her family in UK) then just start looking for work when it arrives?
Or will it be necessary to leave the country again and come back into Canada from the U.S. to activate it, and would they give us a problem at the border considering she would be in Canada already as a "visitor"?
Thank you.
she can come as a visitor straight away but still has to activate the visa at the border. Immigration wont be any more of a problem than usual