IEC / BUNAC 2013 - help!

Old Jan 9th 2013, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: IEC / BUNAC 2013 - help!

Originally Posted by Lukasgeo
Hi everyone.

I'm avidly waiting for IEC applications to open for 2013. I have two questions.

1.I'm from the UK. Is there a specific type of police check I need to get? I am assuming its the ACRO one (acro.police.uk)... on some parts of the website it says ACRO and some parts it says ACPO... Just confirming that thats the one, as its £45 and I don't want to waste my money and time getting the wrong check!

2. Other than a police check, what can I do to prepare for the application before it opens?

Also.... is there a date by which applications will DEFINITELY be open? like Jan 31st or something? Thanks
I would absolutely recommend that you order an extra certificate for an additional £6 when ordering. If there are any issues with your IEC application like say you forget a signature (me, oops!) and you need to resubmit quickly, having a second certificate ready to go will save you time and money. And yes you have the correct website. They changed their name from ACPO to ACRO last year and various parts of the site use the old and new name.

Also make sure you have an up to date CV since this has been a requirement in previous years, although who knows what this year's requirement will be.

Last edited by markstimson; Jan 9th 2013 at 9:22 pm.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

TeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud of

Hi, I'm new to this website and have read through the feed. I'm just worrying. Am I at a disadvantage to others as I still havnt sent off my police check so will have to wait longer than others to send off my application? Or am I just worrying for no reason?
Old Jan 24th 2013, 4:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lukasgeo
Hi everyone.

I'm avidly waiting for IEC applications to open for 2013. I have two questions.

1.I'm from the UK. Is there a specific type of police check I need to get? I am assuming its the ACRO one (acro.police.uk)... on some parts of the website it says ACRO and some parts it says ACPO... Just confirming that thats the one, as its £45 and I don't want to waste my money and time getting the wrong check!

2. Other than a police check, what can I do to prepare for the application before it opens?

Also.... is there a date by which applications will DEFINITELY be open? like Jan 31st or something? Thanks
Originally Posted by TeddiSam
Hi, I'm new to this website and have read through the feed. I'm just worrying. Am I at a disadvantage to others as I still havnt sent off my police check so will have to wait longer than others to send off my application? Or am I just worrying for no reason?
As this thread is so old, I'm going to close it. Please post any further IEC related queries on the main IEC thread, thx.