IEC / BUNAC 2013 - help!

Old Jul 11th 2012, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: IEC / BUNAC 2013 - help!

Originally Posted by Third6
Not meaning to be rude but...if you know the forms well how did you get rejected 3 times?!
1 - They changed the required forms after I mailed My application.
2 - They said my signature looked "not original"
3 - APOC made a mistake on my police check

so if any of that is my fault, I am completely willing to take the blame, but since I am not psychic, I was left rejected 3 times.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 5:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by scottyxx
1 - They changed the required forms after I mailed My application.
2 - They said my signature looked "not original"
3 - APOC made a mistake on my police check

so if any of that is my fault, I am completely willing to take the blame, but since I am not psychic, I was left rejected 3 times.
Incase you can't tell I have such frustration with the IEC lol!
Old Jul 15th 2012, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

Stephen47 will become famous soon enoughStephen47 will become famous soon enough

Hi Guys,

Sorry for gatecrashing this thread but I was interested to find out about a certain thing. I received my LOI from the IEC back in April 2012 and I'm looking at end of August or early September when I'll shoot off to Toronto and to use it. My question is I understand that the IEC entitles me to one year working in Canada but I am contemplating doing a 2nd year, so is it OK to apply for my 2nd year when the applications open in Dec 2012 or Jan 2013.

My question is if I decide to do my 2nd year, will my police certificate I used for my 1st IEC visa be alright to use? I have a spare copy and I was wondering I could use that or do I need to apply for a brand new one? If so, does it need to be obtained in the UK or Canada? Many Thanks!!!
Old Jul 15th 2012, 5:51 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Stephen47
Hi Guys,

Sorry for gatecrashing this thread but I was interested to find out about a certain thing. I received my LOI from the IEC back in April 2012 and I'm looking at end of August or early September when I'll shoot off to Toronto and to use it. My question is I understand that the IEC entitles me to one year working in Canada but I am contemplating doing a 2nd year, so is it OK to apply for my 2nd year when the applications open in Dec 2012 or Jan 2013.

My question is if I decide to do my 2nd year, will my police certificate I used for my 1st IEC visa be alright to use? I have a spare copy and I was wondering I could use that or do I need to apply for a brand new one? If so, does it need to be obtained in the UK or Canada? Many Thanks!!!
1. Yes, you can apply for 2013 when it opens.
2. You need a new police certificate, because it can't be older than 3 months when submitted. You need a UK one.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

Stephen47 will become famous soon enoughStephen47 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

2. You need a new police certificate, because it can't be older than 3 months when submitted. You need a UK one.
Thanks for the reply.

Regarding the police certificate, when I apply for a brand new one do I apply for a Canadian one or a UK one? As by then I should be in Canada.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 8:31 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

HI

Thanks for the reply.

Regarding the police certificate, when I apply for a brand new one do I apply for a Canadian one or a UK one? As by then I should be in Canada.
Uk, as CHC/CIC has access to CPIC and will do a Canadian one on their own.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply.

For the IEC visa it specifies it has to be a UK one, and one for any country EXCEPT canada you have lived in for more than 3 months.

When I applied for my 2nd one I only sent a UK one. One time I sent a scottish one, and they did not accept it.

I would always get the one they specifically say, but it does mean you need valid proof of address - 2 bills, bank statments etc, in the UK to apply for the police check.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

For the IEC visa it specifies it has to be a UK one, and one for any country EXCEPT canada you have lived in for more than 3 months.

When I applied for my 2nd one I only sent a UK one. One time I sent a scottish one, and they did not accept it.

I would always get the one they specifically say, but it does mean you need valid proof of address - 2 bills, bank statments etc, in the UK to apply for the police check.
Thanks for letting me know. So when I'm in Canada do I need to apply for a UK police certificate from the UK and sent out to Canada. Am I right in saying this?
Old Jul 17th 2012, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well you need to mail everything to the UK to get it, and you need valid proof of address in the UK, so it might be easier to fly home and do it.

I did mine over Xmas with my family.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

ggreenwo is an unknown quantity at this point

I know basically what not to do... Ive had the worst luck!

2010 - AIESEC IEC permit - London CIC lost my entire application after cashing my cheque
!
Hey Scottyxx,

Just seen this and I have a feeling the same thing has happend to me - I was sent to CIC on the 14th of June - I have emailed IEC and they have said that because its with the CIC they can't tell me at what stage my application is at? What happened in your situation after they had lost it? Did you manage to get visa after it or did you have to re- apply?

Thanks

Gemma
Old Jul 24th 2012, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

I managed to get it because I contacted my MP, and they were the ones who got me a phone number to call immigration in london and get the mess sorted out. I ended up getting an email from a worker there authorizing me for a work permit at the port of entry.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

ggreenwo is an unknown quantity at this point

I managed to get it because I contacted my MP, and they were the ones who got me a phone number to call immigration in london and get the mess sorted out. I ended up getting an email from a worker there authorizing me for a work permit at the port of entry.
Oh wow!!! well i have a feeling I might have to do something similar..... I'm being so negative but its 6 weeks since i was sent to CIC and nada so im guessing they have lost it! And when I try to contact them you just fill in a form and then on the reply its says that they will get back to me within 28 days - what a joke!!!! Lets hope that I'm wrong and get my LOI hehe
Old Jul 25th 2012, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes, they take 28 days to get back and wont respond if you are still under the "processing time" listed on the website. On the form, in the subject line start it with URGENT and they look at it quicker.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Regarding point number 2, you only needed a police certificate dated within 3 months for the 2011 IEC. The 2012 requirement was for a certificate dated within 12 months, and they even encourage you to apply for two copies of the same certificate for your first IEC application. This is to allow you to use the second copy for your repeat IEC should you wish to apply for one.

Who knows what they'll do for 2013 mind!
Old Jan 9th 2013, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

Lukasgeo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone.

I'm avidly waiting for IEC applications to open for 2013. I have two questions.

1.I'm from the UK. Is there a specific type of police check I need to get? I am assuming its the ACRO one (acro.police.uk)... on some parts of the website it says ACRO and some parts it says ACPO... Just confirming that thats the one, as its £45 and I don't want to waste my money and time getting the wrong check!

2. Other than a police check, what can I do to prepare for the application before it opens?

Also.... is there a date by which applications will DEFINITELY be open? like Jan 31st or something? Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.