IEC / BUNAC 2013 - help!

Old Jul 11th 2012, 2:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold
Default IEC / BUNAC 2013 - help!

Five years after getting the ball rolling we are now counting down for the move next summer. Well, the thing we dreaded most happening, has happened - our little girl (as she was then) is now 18 and in lurve.

She's still determined to come to Canada next summer and we are thinking about trying for a BUNAC visa for him, so that they get another year together and he gets a taste of life in Canada before they have to make 'the big decision', as things seem to be headed that way.

Having done my head in over the years with the skilled worker visa process, I am now in totally unfamiliar territory with this visa. Is BUNAC the same as IEC? Is this the best way, or is there another visa that would be more suitable? Does he have to have special skills? He will want to work and see how he likes Canada.

I know visas are limited to around 5,000 per year, and applications for 2013 are likely to open Jan (or poss dec) - can anyone offer me any tips/advice?
Old Jul 11th 2012, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: IEC / BUNAC 2013 - help!

BUNAC is the same as IEC, except they charge you a preimum. In 2013 Bunac might not even exicst, so apply via the IEC.

This is likely the only way you could get her young lover over. IEC is irrelevant of experience, education or even employability.

Yes it will open in January / Dec - SO APPLY THEN! You will need a Police check, so apply for that in December, have your application waiting and ready to go, and submit it on the day of application. Giving you more chance of getting it, and more time to re-apply if you do something wrong.

The IEC is then valid for pick up 1 year from its issue date, so if he gets granted it Jan 2013 , he could pick it up July 2013, and it would last a year from the pick up date.

Any more questions-- just ask...Ive applied for Many many IECS!
Old Jul 11th 2012, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Scottyxx. It sounds like the ideal visa, and thanks for clearing the BUNAC/IEC thing up.

When I was browsing the net about this, i did see something that said the applicant had to have funds ($2,500) available at port of entry - does this mean he would have to have a Canadian bank account before applying?

When you say you have applied for many IECs, is that because you keep going back, or because you didn't get lucky may I ask?
Old Jul 11th 2012, 2:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

You can always read this as well
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...ex.aspx?view=d

No Canadian bank account is needed for the proof of funds.
Read the FAQ section of the link.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by singingringingtree View Post
Thanks Scottyxx. It sounds like the ideal visa, and thanks for clearing the BUNAC/IEC thing up.

When I was browsing the net about this, i did see something that said the applicant had to have funds ($2,500) available at port of entry - does this mean he would have to have a Canadian bank account before applying?

When you say you have applied for many IECs, is that because you keep going back, or because you didn't get lucky may I ask?
Ive applied for 3 total, one through aiesec, 2 through IEC. I had 2 rejections on my first one, then 3 on my last one...so I know the forms well!

It doesn't have to be from a Canadian Bank account, just a bank statement from either the UK or Canada showing he has at least $2500. He will also need proof of insurance.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Excellent. Thanks for that FL and Scottyxx. Looks like they now just get you to declare you have the money and show proof of funds on landing.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

cptkid89 is just really nicecptkid89 is just really nicecptkid89 is just really nicecptkid89 is just really nicecptkid89 is just really nicecptkid89 is just really nicecptkid89 is just really nicecptkid89 is just really nice

Yeah I think it has been confirmed in another thread (Vancouver IEC) that BUNAC will have no visa's in 2013. So applying directly is the only option.

Regarding the funds, he has to provide a statement from his bank that shows the available funds, it has to be less than a week old, and be on official headed paper from the bank.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Excellent. Thanks for that FL and Scottyxx. Looks like they now just get you to declare you have the money and show proof of funds on landing.
Yes he can just print out an online statement the day before he flies, and take it with him. But this might change by next year, as in 2011, we had to do an actual signed "proof of funds" form, but in 2012 it was changed to a bank statement.

As soon as it opens, you will know.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks. I see from other threads that you and cptkid89 are very knowledgeable on this, so hope it's OK if I come back with any questions as we go along?
Old Jul 11th 2012, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

No problem, mail me anytime, hopefully my IEC applications are over with...but if it doesn't change..I know too much lol.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

cptkid89 is just really nicecptkid89 is just really nicecptkid89 is just really nicecptkid89 is just really nicecptkid89 is just really nicecptkid89 is just really nicecptkid89 is just really nicecptkid89 is just really nice

Thanks. I see from other threads that you and cptkid89 are very knowledgeable on this, so hope it's OK if I come back with any questions as we go along?
Scottyxx is, me not so much, I haven't been on the IEC yet, but hoping to go on 2013, I have just read ALOT about it, so I guess I know a few things.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

I know basically what not to do... Ive had the worst luck!

2010 - AIESEC IEC permit - London CIC lost my entire application after cashing my cheque
2011 - IEC - Reject for police check, then approved.
2012 - IEC - Rejected for missing form (application requirements changed after I submitted), Rejected for signing in a different colour, Bank account locked during payment, Email form not working...finally approved..

hahaha! Don't let any of that happen...and you'll be fine!
Old Jul 11th 2012, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by scottyxx View Post
I know basically what not to do... Ive had the worst luck!

2010 - AIESEC IEC permit - London CIC lost my entire application after cashing my cheque
2011 - IEC - Reject for police check, then approved.
2012 - IEC - Rejected for missing form (application requirements changed after I submitted), Rejected for signing in a different colour, Bank account locked during payment, Email form not working...finally approved..

hahaha! Don't let any of that happen...and you'll be fine!
OMG you have had back luck! Sounds like you are sorted now though. If my daughter's bf managed to get two consecutive IEC visas, and he lived independently with her in our basement with the proper legalities, they could go for common law spouse visa poss? Is that what you have done?
Old Jul 11th 2012, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Once you live with your bf / gf for over 1 year, with shared ties, so like a lease, bank account, etc, basically anything to prove you are "dependant" on each other. You can apply common law - thats what I did.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

Originally Posted by scottyxx View Post
Ive applied for 3 total, one through aiesec, 2 through IEC. I had 2 rejections on my first one, then 3 on my last one...so I know the forms well!

It doesn't have to be from a Canadian Bank account, just a bank statement from either the UK or Canada showing he has at least $2500. He will also need proof of insurance.
Not meaning to be rude but...if you know the forms well how did you get rejected 3 times?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.