IEC to BC PNP?

Old Sep 3rd 2014, 11:20 am
Just Joined

KeepRightOn87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IEC to BC PNP?

Hello everyone,

Its a little over a month before me and my Girlfriend make the big move to Vancouver. Were at that 'Pay everything Off' stage which is a big pain in the arse but I suppose it has to be done.

Cant wait to touch down in Vancouver and get everything sorted like SIN, phones and driving licence etc.

One of the big questions is how to actually stay in Canada after the second year. Were ready to apply for the 2nd Yr IEC while in Canada in December, which I feel will be difficult without a PC and printer etc but I feel if we have our heads screwed on we'll find a way.

I dont want to ramble but I was wondering if anyone who had started on IEC had became PR's through the BC PNP and how easy it was to apply.

Thanks

Matt
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC to BC PNP?

Originally Posted by KeepRightOn87
which I feel will be difficult without a PC and printer etc
Aren't you bringing a laptop with you?

Pretty essential....Buy one over here?

You can get a new laptop for less than $300 and an all-in-one printer for as little as $40.
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 3:19 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KeepRightOn87
Hello everyone,

Its a little over a month before me and my Girlfriend make the big move to Vancouver. Were at that 'Pay everything Off' stage which is a big pain in the arse but I suppose it has to be done.

Cant wait to touch down in Vancouver and get everything sorted like SIN, phones and driving licence etc.

One of the big questions is how to actually stay in Canada after the second year. Were ready to apply for the 2nd Yr IEC while in Canada in December, which I feel will be difficult without a PC and printer etc but I feel if we have our heads screwed on we'll find a way.

I dont want to ramble but I was wondering if anyone who had started on IEC had became PR's through the BC PNP and how easy it was to apply.

Thanks

Matt
You need to either find skilled jobs that will qualify you or else apply through the semi-skilled stream where you would need to ensure the level of income (without tips) is high enough to meet the minimum requirements.

A friend of my son has done the IEC to BC PNP stream and is about to get PR but he is a carpenter.

With CIC going over to the express entry system in January, it may make it harder to qualify - but nobody knows yet!

Old Sep 4th 2014, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

hitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant future

Hi there,

Get a cheap laptop and a USB stick.
Go to the library and print off your forms!
I came on IEC in 2013 and gained my PR through BC PNP.
If you have a skilled profession its easy! Do you have a skilled profession?