IEC - Bank Statement (1 Week)

Old Feb 8th 2012, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

ributnaga is on a distinguished road
Default IEC - Bank Statement (1 Week)

So I couldn't find any recent info on this in the forum and though it was best to start a new thread on this subject that putting it on the main IEC thread.

On the application evaluation of the site, it says I must have a bank statement issues 1 week before my arrival into Canada
On your arrival in Canada, you must have a statement from your bank account that must have been issued no more than one (1) week before your departure for Canada. It must clearly demonstrate you have sufficient funds in your account to support yourself financially for the first three months of your stay in Canada (C$2,500).
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...de.aspx?view=d

Does anyone know how you would get this in UK (in particular HSBC)? Sound's ridiculously difficult to get this from the bank especially when nowadays they send it electronically or via montlhy post.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

Jay50 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC - Bank Statement (1 Week)

Originally Posted by ributnaga
So I couldn't find any recent info on this in the forum and though it was best to start a new thread on this subject that putting it on the main IEC thread.

On the application evaluation of the site, it says I must have a bank statement issues 1 week before my arrival into Canada

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...de.aspx?view=d

Does anyone know how you would get this in UK (in particular HSBC)? Sound's ridiculously difficult to get this from the bank especially when nowadays they send it electronically or via montlhy post.
Can you just not pay to have a statement printed? I'm sure you can with Bank of Scotland...it used to cost £10.00.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 9:21 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

You just go in to a branch and ask for one. Mine doesn't charge for it either.

Old Feb 8th 2012, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

HSBC are great for stuff like this, either call your relationship manager if you are premier or call your branch, they will send you a one off for free
Old Feb 8th 2012, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

Wouldn't a print out of your online statement work? It shows all transactions after all...?
Old Feb 11th 2012, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

ributnaga is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reply. Didn't realize it was that easy to get a printed statement in. Will try my bank and see.

Originally Posted by Third6
Wouldn't a print out of your online statement work? It shows all transactions after all...?
I am sure the border officer would prefer something more legit than a screenshot of my online bank account
Old Feb 12th 2012, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

Originally Posted by ributnaga
Thanks for the reply. Didn't realize it was that easy to get a printed statement in. Will try my bank and see.

I am sure the border officer would prefer something more legit than a screenshot of my online bank account
I'm not talking about a screen shot. My online bank lets me print statements from the screen with my address and account number at the top and the bank name and address. Basically the same as a statement you'd get from the bank in the mail.