IEC applied twice already

Old Oct 31st 2014, 11:20 am
Just Joined

bluebird7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IEC applied twice already

Hi
I have had 1 year on the IEC programme and successfully got a place in the Dec 2013 quota. However due to a computer glitch I ended up being refused a work permit as a document I thought had uploaded hadn't and I didn't notice in the required time frame.
I thought that was it with IEC and I had had my 2 chances but I have recently been refunded the fee that I paid in December and am wondering if I still have that 2nd year available to me.
I had received a Conditional Acceptance Letter from IEC, but because I hadn't completed the cic stage I never received a Letter of Introduction.
Question 7 on the FAQ's states:
7. If I am issued a Letter of Introduction but do not use it, will I get back the program participation fee? May I apply again in other years?

Answer: Fees are non-refundable once the Letter of Introduction is issued. As well, each individual may participate in the IEC initiative only twice. You are deemed a participant once you are issued a Letter of Introduction.

So as I have been refunded and no letter of introduction was issued does that mean I AM eligible to apply again?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me make sense of this.
Old Nov 1st 2014, 12:00 am
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC applied twice already

Did you apply to the CIC and get refused by them or was this at the first step for getting the CAL?
Old Nov 1st 2014, 12:04 am
Just Joined

Hi bc2015

I got the CAL from IEC but at the 2nd stage was refused the work permit by CIC because of the missing document.
Old Nov 1st 2014, 12:09 am
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like you should be ok to apply again

My IEC work permit application was refused because I did not provide a document. What should I do?
Old Nov 1st 2014, 12:16 am
Just Joined

Hi bc2015

That's great news! After reading and re-reading the answer to question 7 I was hopeful that by not having been issued the Letter of Introduction it meant that I wasn't deemed a participant for a second time. So happy about that! Just got to get in quick when the quota opens! And triple check that CIC receive ALL the documents.
Thanks for your help!