IEC application 2023

Old Dec 6th 2022, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

lauren275 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IEC application 2023

Hello,

I will be applying for my IEC working holiday visa in January (I think it opens 9th January 2023???) to move over from the UK.

My question is, once (if) you have your visa fully accepted, you have your port of entry letter, how long is this letter valid for entry to Canada?

My reason for asking; my job in healthcare requires registration with a professional body for which I need to sit some exams. My exam is scheduled for May 2023 and until passed I am not allowed to work in my profession in Canada. I’d rather remain in the UK until I’m legally allowed to practice my profession in Canada but I’m worried that there is an expiry on my entry to Canada.

I think with the IEC lottery system there is higher chance of success the earlier you apply, which is why I’m applying in January rather than waiting until May.

Also this may be a silly question but does the two year visa begin from the date I arrive in Canada or the date in which it is accepted?

thank you!

Old Dec 7th 2022, 3:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC application 2023

Originally Posted by lauren275
Hello,

I will be applying for my IEC working holiday visa in January (I think it opens 9th January 2023???) to move over from the UK.

My question is, once (if) you have your visa fully accepted, you have your port of entry letter, how long is this letter valid for entry to Canada?

My reason for asking; my job in healthcare requires registration with a professional body for which I need to sit some exams. My exam is scheduled for May 2023 and until passed I am not allowed to work in my profession in Canada. I’d rather remain in the UK until I’m legally allowed to practice my profession in Canada but I’m worried that there is an expiry on my entry to Canada.

I think with the IEC lottery system there is higher chance of success the earlier you apply, which is why I’m applying in January rather than waiting until May.

Also this may be a silly question but does the two year visa begin from the date I arrive in Canada or the date in which it is accepted?

thank you!
You have a year from being issued your POE to enter Canada. 2 year Visa starts from when you arrive in Canada. Just be aware there will be a requirement to have a medical to work in a healthcare field, and you will also have a year from completing your medical to enter Canada.

But either way you should have plenty of time to enter Canada post exams and medical and not miss the expiry of your POE.