IEC 2nd year to CEC PR

Old Nov 15th 2014, 5:33 am
Tryna move to T.O

Jamieb14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IEC 2nd year to CEC PR

Hi Guys,

Looked deeply through the forum but no precise answers.

Details:
Had my first IEC year oct 2013- oct 2014 didn't gain any professional work experience in a skilled trade.

Applying for IEC 2015 if I get that I will be looking to head out july 2015 firstly on a visitors visa, secure a job (IT professional) and get a start date, once start date received cross the border and activate my 2nd IEC year the day before my start date.

Work in IT profession for 12 months and then apply for CEC PR. Now my issue is that I can only apply for CEC PR once I have the 12 months work experience but will have to leave once the 12 months is up where as I want to stay and continue to work.

2nd IEC so can't re-apply
Unable to apply for BOWP as wouldn't have applied for CEC PR until the 12 months are up

Is there any other options???

The only path I see right now is cross the border once 12 months work experiences is up and re-enter as a visitor (not work) and then apply for BOWP once my CEC PR application eligibility has been confirmed as passed which hopefully the BOWP will take 20 days to process then I can work again until the CEC PR decision is made.

Please advise if I am correct in thinking that??

Many thanks in advance!
Old Nov 15th 2014, 5:55 am
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2nd year to CEC PR

You could also apply for PNP if you found an employer willing to sponsor you.

Also, CEC is changing when Express Entry comes around in January. No-one is really sure what the rules will be..

Express Entry
Old Nov 15th 2014, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

TheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond repute

You're not eligible to receive the BOWP if you're in Canada as a visitor, you'd need to hold a work permit with 4 months or less. You'd be best off trying to convince your future employer to sponsor your for an LMIA until you get your PR.

Or, as mentioned, look into the PNP for the province you're heading to.
Old Nov 16th 2014, 9:32 am
Tryna move to T.O

Jamieb14 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bc2015
You could also apply for PNP if you found an employer willing to sponsor you.

Also, CEC is changing when Express Entry comes around in January. No-one is really sure what the rules will be..

Express Entry
Thanks for the response, I guess I could just wait for express entry and apply as FSW as my profession is IT NOC 2281Computer network technicians which If i get that then it will be hopefully 6 months till PR instead!