IEC 2020

Old Jan 5th 2020, 7:29 pm
C22
Just Joined

C22 has a reputation beyond reputeC22 has a reputation beyond reputeC22 has a reputation beyond reputeC22 has a reputation beyond reputeC22 has a reputation beyond reputeC22 has a reputation beyond reputeC22 has a reputation beyond reputeC22 has a reputation beyond reputeC22 has a reputation beyond reputeC22 has a reputation beyond reputeC22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2020

Hey! We already have one for EE as I didn’t feel confident doing it myself! But for iec we are doing it alone

I just really hope we get an iec then apply for PR after 1 year work exp in Canada as will really help boost our points.

i Just hope they offer more than 5000 places as last year it was 10000 & visas offered was at 20000! But I guess it still doesn’t guarantee anything I’m just crossing my fingers we both get lucky 🙂
Old Jan 6th 2020, 12:13 pm
C22
Just Joined

C22 has a reputation beyond reputeC22 has a reputation beyond reputeC22 has a reputation beyond reputeC22 has a reputation beyond reputeC22 has a reputation beyond reputeC22 has a reputation beyond reputeC22 has a reputation beyond reputeC22 has a reputation beyond reputeC22 has a reputation beyond reputeC22 has a reputation beyond reputeC22 has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know when the U.K. invites will start to be sent? No date or quota on cic web but is showing spaces available
Old Jan 6th 2020, 12:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by C22
Does anyone know when the U.K. invites will start to be sent? No date or quota on cic web but is showing spaces available
Nope, no way of knowing. Sometimes they announce the date in advance, sometimes it just opens. All you can do is be ready to submit and keep an eye on the website.

All they've said so far is that it'll be after the 6th for the UK, but no specific date.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 6th 2020 at 12:19 pm.
Old Jan 6th 2020, 12:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by C22
Just hope they offer more than 5000 places as last year it was 10000 & visas offered was at 20000!
Still only the quota number issued though - they always offer more because a lot of people change their minds, drop out, or are found ineligible.
Old Jan 7th 2020, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

cr204304 has a reputation beyond reputecr204304 has a reputation beyond reputecr204304 has a reputation beyond reputecr204304 has a reputation beyond reputecr204304 has a reputation beyond reputecr204304 has a reputation beyond reputecr204304 has a reputation beyond reputecr204304 has a reputation beyond reputecr204304 has a reputation beyond reputecr204304 has a reputation beyond reputecr204304 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All, glad to be a part of the 2020 IEC pool! Well, not me, my partner. He's a British citizen but a permanent resident of Australia. We're really hoping he can get an invite and POE letter in time to move here by the end of March. I understand there's no guarantee of even getting an invite, and the processing time is currently showing to be 7 weeks (though I heard it typically takes 4), so my question is: if he doesn't finalize his work permit by end of March, is there any way he could just come here as a visitor? I've read in past threads of one member of a couple getting their POE but the other not getting an ITA, and they're able to come to Canada anyway with an eTA or visitor visa, but I'm not sure that applies here. I read that as of this past December, applicants can get their biometrics done at any Service Canada location, so that part wouldn't be an issue.

On a separate note, how would the insurance work, seeing as he's a resident of Australia? I checked out True Traveler, which was recommended in past threads, but it asks where you normally live. I know that insurance must include a repatriation aspect, so would he choose the UK? Australia isn't even on the list for True Traveler; would he need to use a different insurer?

Thanks in Advance for any help!
Old Jan 8th 2020, 3:17 pm
Just Joined

C1993 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I have a POE from last years IEC pool. We are going to ensure they are activated before they run out, so March this year. My partner and I are going to get a civil partnership, so my last name will change, and I will get a new passport. I've looked at the FAQs and they say to bring a photocopy of the old passport along with my new passport, and it also states if you have become married to bring the marriage certificate. This is probably really obvious but I just want to check, can I just bring a photocopy of my old passport, new passport and marriage certificate, and that will be ok, as I will have a different name to the one on my POE?
Thanks in advance
Old Jan 8th 2020, 9:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by C1993
Hi,
I have a POE from last years IEC pool. We are going to ensure they are activated before they run out, so March this year. My partner and I are going to get a civil partnership, so my last name will change, and I will get a new passport. I've looked at the FAQs and they say to bring a photocopy of the old passport along with my new passport, and it also states if you have become married to bring the marriage certificate. This is probably really obvious but I just want to check, can I just bring a photocopy of my old passport, new passport and marriage certificate, and that will be ok, as I will have a different name to the one on my POE?
Thanks in advance
Normally the UK will send the old passport back along with the new one so you should have the old passport. Otherwise there should be no problems bringing the other documents and make sure you inform CBSA on arrival that there are changes.
Old Jan 8th 2020, 10:31 pm
Just Joined

C1993 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Normally the UK will send the old passport back along with the new one so you should have the old passport. Otherwise there should be no problems bringing the other documents and make sure you inform CBSA on arrival that there are changes.
Thanks very much, will definitely bring a photocopy and the old passport as well.
Old Jan 10th 2020, 5:25 pm
C22
Just Joined

Hey does anyone know when the U.K. invites will start going out ? The number in the pool keeps going up & i want the best chance to get a visa 😩

all other countries invites are going out except uk
Old Jan 10th 2020, 8:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by C22
Hey does anyone know when the U.K. invites will start going out ? The number in the pool keeps going up & i want the best chance to get a visa 😩

all other countries invites are going out except uk
See post above - nobody knows. 3 days ago they said on the Twitter page it would be ‘in the future’. That’s probably as precise as you’ll get.
Old Jan 10th 2020, 8:17 pm
C22
Just Joined

thanks!
Old Jan 11th 2020, 9:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by C22
thanks!
No probs. We don't have any insider knowledge or know any more than you, all you can do is the same as us i.e. keep an eye on the website, and official Twitter account etc. It's possible it will be announced on there in advance by a day or two, but also quite likely that there will be no announcement in advance and the first you'll know about it is when an invite appears in your inbox (fingers crossed!).

Good luck.
Old Jan 16th 2020, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

cr204304 has a reputation beyond reputecr204304 has a reputation beyond reputecr204304 has a reputation beyond reputecr204304 has a reputation beyond reputecr204304 has a reputation beyond reputecr204304 has a reputation beyond reputecr204304 has a reputation beyond reputecr204304 has a reputation beyond reputecr204304 has a reputation beyond reputecr204304 has a reputation beyond reputecr204304 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey everyone, still looking for answers on whether my partner is able to visit Canada during the application process (prior to receiving his POE). We would like to be together by end of March, but with the first round of invitations still being up in the air, we aren't sure if he'll get his POE by then.

Also, where would you suggest a British citizen get travel insurance if they're a permanent resident of Australia right now? True Traveler isn't an option.
Old Jan 17th 2020, 12:26 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cr204304
Hey everyone, still looking for answers on whether my partner is able to visit Canada during the application process (prior to receiving his POE). We would like to be together by end of March, but with the first round of invitations still being up in the air, we aren't sure if he'll get his POE by then.

Also, where would you suggest a British citizen get travel insurance if they're a permanent resident of Australia right now? True Traveler isn't an option.
Please read the site rules regarding not 'bumping' your post / questions, thanks. If nobody has answered it's because they either aren't sure of the answer or else have been busy. Once the IEC kicks off in full you will find lots of people posting and asking and answering questions. In the meantime I can only suggest that you make yourself a cuppa and wade through the many many pages on our IEC threads from previous years, where you should get some hints

Question - is he applying for an IEC with his UK passport - the UK IEC program -- or Australia??

Yes I believe he can visit if he has a return ticket, sufficient funds for his length of stay and show proof of ties to his originating country - he has to prove that he is a bonafide visitor with no intention of overstaying. So if he will be waiting for an invitation to apply - it's going to be an expensive time - he will need to be able to show the proof of funds for the IEC both when he applies and when he arrives in Canada with his Letter of Introduction, quite separate from any funds he might need to show as a visitor. It may also make it more difficult for him to secure Insurance. As to insurance I can only suggest you look in our Australia forum and see if anyone has applied from there before. Would he want to be repatriated to Australia or to the UK?

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 17th 2020 at 12:59 am.
Old Jan 20th 2020, 5:36 pm
Just Joined

Oops, sorry. I figured my post was overlooked and I doubt someone would've answered it after being buried higher up in the thread. I've been reading through the 2016-2019 threads, which I mentioned in my post, but often things will be addressed with "look at earlier threads." Not sure how much further back to go.

To answer your question, he is applying for an IEC with his UK passport. He isn't a citizen of Australia yet, just PR. I was looking at the Rounds of Invitations numbers that were updated Jan 17, and it doesn't seem very promising that he'll get an ITA. With that in mind, we figured if he came here as a visitor, he could end up staying 6 months and STILL not get an ITA and have to go back, so we're not going to go that route.

Isn't the Australia forum for people that plan to move to Australia? I feel like that wouldn't relate to an application to the Canada IEC program, but I'm not familiar with that thread. I believe he would want to be repatriated to the UK. Does that change anything?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.