Wikiposts

IEC 2019

Old Sep 10th 2018, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

Usmaan.W is just really niceUsmaan.W is just really niceUsmaan.W is just really niceUsmaan.W is just really niceUsmaan.W is just really niceUsmaan.W is just really niceUsmaan.W is just really niceUsmaan.W is just really nice
Smile IEC 2019

Hi All,

As some of you may know I plan to move to Toronto next Spring on the IEC visa. Although me and my wife qualify for EE I just feel it's more simple to go over on the IEC and then apply for EE once the 2 years are up and we both have gained our work experience in the relevant NOC group. Currently a senior software tester.

Some questions I have about the IEC:

1) Approximately when is IEC 2019 due to open? On the website it refers to fall but any trend from previous years?
2) Does anything need to be prepared prior to the applications opening?
3) Is it a race to get the application done and submitted to increase chances of being selected in the pool?
4) Is there a way to be notified of applications opening or is it a case of manually checking the website each day?

My passport also expires in February 2019 is it best to get this renewed now and then apply for the visa?

Thanks
Old Sep 10th 2018, 2:12 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2019

1) It always used to be around October time, but in recent years it's been later - I'd guess January as a rough guide.
2) Just make sure you have enough funds, there's no point in doing anything else really.
3) Yes, because the earlier you apply the better your chances. Usually there are far less people in the pool to start with, so if you're serious then I'd recommend you apply asap to give yourself as much chance as possible in the lottery.
4) Just checking I'm afraid, although somebody will usually post on BE too so keep logging in here!
5) I'd renew your passport now personally, you can get up to 5 months added I think (?) anyway, so it won't be wasted time.

Good luck.