IEC 2017

Old Dec 1st 2016, 10:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2017

Originally Posted by Sian22040
I put my application in the other day so currently waiting anxiously just wondered if anyone has an invite on here yet?
Not on BE, no (if they do they'll post on this thread), but some apparently have been sent to others so the first draw is underway, despite CIC not announcing it as promised!

Good luck, hope you get one in one of the draws.
Old Dec 1st 2016, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

Sian22040 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Not on BE, no (if they do they'll post on this thread), but some have been sent already so the first draw is underway.

Good luck, hope you get one in one of the draws.
Thank you
Old Dec 3rd 2016, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

thingstodo123 is an unknown quantity at this point

December 3rd and 70 invitations issued to the UK...

Is this the norm?
Old Dec 3rd 2016, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

This is only the second year with random draws. There is no norm.
Old Dec 3rd 2016, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

thingstodo123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well let's hope they speed things up. At this rate they will need 70+ weeks just to clear 5000 invites.
Old Dec 4th 2016, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thingstodo123
Well let's hope they speed things up. At this rate they will need 70+ weeks just to clear 5000 invites.
Have a little patience. A number of us applied when it used to be done on paper and have to go via France. 3 months before you heard anything
Old Dec 4th 2016, 11:20 am
Just Joined

Mobius1988 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thingstodo123
December 3rd and 70 invitations issued to the UK...

Is this the norm?
How can you tell how many they've sent out to the UK?
Old Dec 4th 2016, 11:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mobius1988
How can you tell how many they've sent out to the UK?
From the CIC website

Quota: 5,000
First round of invitations: November 28, 2016 - December 3, 2016
Final round of invitations: To be announced
Invitations issued to date: 70
Spots available: 5,000
Candidates in the pool: 5,966

The data for this category are based on the information available on December 1, 2016.
Rounds of invitations – International Experience Canada
Old Dec 4th 2016, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

ethnicstar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default International experience Canada information

Hi everybody,

Just a quick question I've just applied for the international experience for next year. I'm hoping my application is accepted and I'm looking to visit Toronto and Montreal. I was just wondering if I do get the visa would I be able to work in the field I'm in now which is marketing and web development or is just casual work?

Any information would be much appreciated
Old Dec 4th 2016, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: International experience Canada information

An IEC work permit is an open work permit, and you can do any job for any employer.

Also, note there is a dedicated IEC thread, so if you keep questions in there, you'll both be more likely to attract the attention of people who know about it, and help keep all the info in the same place for people browsing
Old Dec 6th 2016, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

CanadianJack is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello! I have a question regarding activating my IEC. My working holiday is approved, now i am deciding how to make my way into Canada. I am arriving up from San Francisco and have two options:

1. Flying from San Francisco directly into Vancouver.
2. Flying from San Francisco into Seattle and taking the Amtrak Cascades train from there into Vancouver.

Now the second option is more attractive to me because the train takes me directly into the heart of Vancouver. As I am aware my work permit is issued at the Pacific train station in Vancouver, so the train doesn't stop at the border like it does for buses.

Is the immigration at Vancouver Pacific station familiar with IEC and all that goes with it or am I better flying into Vancouver airport? I imagine it will not be as crowded at the train station like it would be at the airport. Just wanna hear your thoughts and if anyone has ever activated their IEC work permit there.

Cheers!

Jack
Old Dec 6th 2016, 3:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Are you already in the USA? Because if not, you have the additional complication of American visa/entry issues.

There is no doubt that YVR (the airport) will be more familiar with IEC than VAC (the station). And the airport isn't exactly far from downtown, and it's on the Skytrain, which will take you anywhere in downtown.

People online talk about doing *customs* at VAC. It's less clear if they do *immigration* there (customs & passport control is the first desk at the airport - immigration is a separate room you get sent into for work permits, residency, etc).
Old Dec 6th 2016, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

CanadianJack is an unknown quantity at this point

Not in the USA yet, I already have an ESTA for USA and will also have a refundable plane ticket out of the north continent to apply with the ESTA rules. There is immigration at the pacific train station, that i know. The train seems a better option for me, because i would like to visit Seattle also. And the train ride and scenery are supposed to be a nice sight also
Old Dec 6th 2016, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well done on successfully navigating ESTA rules!

If they do immigration, then you'll get it there - there's no part-service option. You just might need to explain exactly what it is, wait for them to look it up, and then check it's been issued properly. But depending on individual officers, that also happens at major airports (basic advice is: check before you leave the desk!). So if you want to see the scenery & go via Seattle, that seems the ideal route for you.
Old Dec 9th 2016, 5:31 am
Just Joined

Smug is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys, sorry for the question but if I get into the pools now, it'll be some time before I'll (have a chance to) be selected, right? I just want to make sure that it's okay for me to apply now before I actually have all the stuff that the website asks of you (the funds, etc). I don't wanna apply and then get selected in 2 weeks when I'm not ready haha.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.