IEC 2017

Old Nov 29th 2016, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

Victoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2017

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I'm really very glad they can't tbh.
If you are anything like me, it's probably for the best !!!
Old Nov 29th 2016, 11:44 am
Just Joined

hbadamspro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2016

Originally Posted by Mobius1988
Just out of interest...how many people are actually invited to apply? Apparently I have an 'Excellent' chance of being invited to apply, but I can see there are currently 5500 people in the pool.
Where are you guys seeing all this info on chat of ITA and how many people are in the pool?! I feel like I must have done something wrong, I have no idea
Old Nov 29th 2016, 11:45 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hbadamspro
Where are you guys seeing all this info on chat of ITA and how many people are in the pool?! I feel like I must have done something wrong, I have no idea
Here you go - Rounds of invitations – International Experience Canada

HTH.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 11:47 am
Just Joined

hbadamspro is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh thank goodness. I thought it much have been something on your application profile. That's a relief.

Thank you so much!
Old Nov 29th 2016, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

Mobius1988 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Your work/education makes no difference at all. You have the same chance as somebody that left school at 16 with no GCSE's and has never worked. It's a ballot, simply drawing names out of a hat essentially.

Last year approx 750 invites were given out each round iirc, at the moment you're pretty much guaranteed to get an ITA at some point between now and the program closing mid next year, because there are less people than visas that will actually be given out (taking off some people who don't take up an ITA for various reasons, or they're rejected). But I'm sure others will join the pool as it goes on.

Oh I see, that's interesting....so assuming the pool didn't grow much more and 1000 people didn't complete their applications I would be guaranteed an invite because I would be under the 5000 quota mark...

So the next question is - when I get to apply for a work permit how likely is it that I will receive one? Do most people who get an invitation get issued a work permit or is there a small chance of getting through this stage?

Also, how long do you have before the offer to come and work in canada expires? Are we talking 2 weeks, 2 months or a year?

I am going to look into getting a police check done ASAP so I'm prepared.

I'm actually on holiday for 3 weeks very soon so if I receive an invitation it will be a struggle to get the form completed if I need a lot of information I have at home...can you provide me with some idea of what information I might need so that I can have it all prepared and take it on holiday with me?

Thank you!
Old Nov 29th 2016, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

Will I have to provide any references or anything from my current employer? I haven't told them that I'm looking into leaving for Canada yet...
Old Nov 29th 2016, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Try this:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/process-overview.asp

S
Old Nov 29th 2016, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Will I have to provide any references or anything from my current employer? I haven't told them that I'm looking into leaving for Canada yet...
no
Old Nov 29th 2016, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

harryg7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Someone from the UK got invited to apply yesterday. So they are obviously starting! (Slowly but surely).

Thanks
Old Nov 29th 2016, 10:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by harryg7
Someone from the UK got invited to apply yesterday. So they are obviously starting! (Slowly but surely).

Thanks
Well that makes me nervous! How did you find that out?
Old Nov 29th 2016, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

harryg7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well that makes me nervous! How did you find that out?
Facebook on the IEC forums. 11:25am to be exact!
Old Nov 29th 2016, 10:26 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I see, that's interesting....so assuming the pool didn't grow much more and 1000 people didn't complete their applications I would be guaranteed an invite because I would be under the 5000 quota mark...

So the next question is - when I get to apply for a work permit how likely is it that I will receive one? Do most people who get an invitation get issued a work permit or is there a small chance of getting through this stage?

Also, how long do you have before the offer to come and work in canada expires? Are we talking 2 weeks, 2 months or a year?

I am going to look into getting a police check done ASAP so I'm prepared.

I'm actually on holiday for 3 weeks very soon so if I receive an invitation it will be a struggle to get the form completed if I need a lot of information I have at home...can you provide me with some idea of what information I might need so that I can have it all prepared and take it on holiday with me?

Thank you!
If you get an invitation to apply and submit all the documentation required, with no issues such as a criminal record, then you will/should receive directions to obtain a work permit. The actual work permit is issued at the time of entering Canada.

Once you have your letter to use at the port of entry, you will normally have a year to activate it.

I would strongly suggest you have a read of the following link, to see the steps.

Application process at a glance – International Experience Canada

The text version also gives you all the information.

Last edited by Siouxie; Nov 29th 2016 at 10:31 pm.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 10:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Application process at a glance – International Experience Canada

The text version also gives you all the information.

If you receive an invitation to apply via your account, you will have 10 days to start your application or to decline the invitation. If you accept, click the “Start Application” button in your account to start the work permit application process”. The bubble immediately after that contains a note indicating that “After you press the button ‘Start Application’ in your account, you have 20 days from that day, regardless of whether you accept on day 1 or 10, to complete, pay and submit the work permit application”.

Hi,

Sorry to be a pain, I have actually had a very detailed look at the IEC website so I'm aware of everything that's listed on there.

Because im going on holiday for 3 weeks, are there any forms/proof of anything or additional information I'm going to need from home that isn't made obvious on the IEC website.

I don't want to miss my application because I needed a photo of my national insurance card but left it at home, for example

Thanks for your patience and help on this!!
Old Nov 30th 2016, 10:43 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to be a pain, I have actually had a very detailed look at the IEC website so I'm aware of everything that's listed on there.
Fair enough, but to be fair to Siouxie it didn't seem like you were aware of it from your questions (i.e. 'how long do you have before the offer to come and work in canada expires? Are we talking 2 weeks, 2 months or a year?'). So she was just trying to help in case you hadn't seen all the FAQ's etc.

But no, there's no unexpected documents that you're likely to be asked for, although we can't say for sure as everybody's document checklist is individually tailored to them, so you can't assume you'll have the same as others.

Even if you get an invite the first day of your holiday, if you've already got your police cert then you should still be fine for time to sort things out unless there is anything very unusual!

Good luck.
Old Dec 1st 2016, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Sian22040 is an unknown quantity at this point

I put my application in the other day so currently waiting anxiously just wondered if anyone has an invite on here yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.