IEC 2017

Old Nov 21st 2016, 11:23 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2017 Dates

Hi Rachael, welcome to BE.

I'm actually going to close this thread now, as we have a really good IEC thread and we do try and keep all IEC related posts/threads together there - not sure how this one slipped through the net!

I don't think they've done the first draw yet, so nobody will know anything about their applications yet. But I'll move your post to the IEC thread and hopefully you'll get some good info.

HTH.
Old Nov 21st 2016, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

thingstodo123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi Rachael, welcome to BE.

I'm actually going to close this thread now, as we have a really good IEC thread and we do try and keep all IEC related posts/threads together there - not sure how this one slipped through the net!

I don't think they've done the first draw yet, so nobody will know anything about their applications yet. But I'll move your post to the IEC thread and hopefully you'll get some good info.

HTH.
Hoping it's not quite closed yet, would really like to know how many visas are offered for each draw.

Simply to know my odds.

Having said that, it's a brutal system of enforced limbo regardless.
Old Nov 21st 2016, 6:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thingstodo123
Hoping it's not quite closed yet, would really like to know how many visas are offered for each draw.

Simply to know my odds.

Having said that, it's a brutal system of enforced limbo regardless.
I only said the thread would be closed, nothing to do with the IEC program. That won't be closed for a long time yet.

Iirc, last year approx 750 invites were issued each draw.

HTH.
Old Nov 21st 2016, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

thingstodo123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2017

Haha I know I know.

Thanks for the info. Guess I'll get a new job and if an invite comes along shall have to 'do them over' so to speak and leave.
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 8:42 pm
Just Joined

Mobius1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Why am I not eligible for IEC!?

Hi all,

I've been trying to start an application for the IEC 2017 programme, my understanding is that you can apply at any time and be considered throughout the year.

I cant get past the 'Come to canada' questionnaire which is telling me im not eligible to apply. I really don't understand why, I read the requirements and I fit into them just fine.

I'm looking for a 2 year working holiday as a British Citizen and im about to turn 28. I've seen that a lot of other people have successfully applied so can someone help me figure out where I'm going wrong!?

Please help me, my girlfriend is canadian and is moving back to canada in 8 months (we havent lived together and its far too early to get married). I want to go with her, I don't want to have to break up with her because I can't get a visa!

Thank you,
Sam
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Why am I not eligible for IEC!?

Could it be because I don't have an offer of employment yet? How hard would it be to get an offer of employment before I'm even in the country?
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 8:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Default Re: Why am I not eligible for IEC!?

Hi, welcome to BE.

No, that's not it - you don't need a job to be eligible for IEC.

Have you searched the forums for advice? If so, have you put the answers in from this post? http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig.../#post11806031

I'm going to move your post to the IEC thread, we keep all IEC related questions there.

Good luck.
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2016

You seem to be eligible, and the pools are open.

Are you sure you're selecting "British citizen" in response to "Country issuing your passport" and NOT "United Kingdom and colonies"?
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

Hi yes I'm definitely using that.

I've tried it about 7 times and I did notice that one time it gave me an extra page with questions about languages that I hadn't seen before. Now it's saying the website is down with technical issues.

I will try again tomorrow and if still says I'm not allowed access I will post a detailed message about my specific answers on here and then maybe someone can help me.

Thank you.
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 9:21 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mobius1988
Hi yes I'm definitely using that.

I've tried it about 7 times and I did notice that one time it gave me an extra page with questions about languages that I hadn't seen before. Now it's saying the website is down with technical issues.

I will try again tomorrow and if still says I'm not allowed access I will post a detailed message about my specific answers on here and then maybe someone can help me.

Thank you.

It's likely to be 'Country of Residence / Permanent Residence' - where you need to answer with 'England' / 'Ireland' / 'Scotland' / 'Wales' - rather than the generic 'UK' or similar.

Old Nov 24th 2016, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, please update us if this worked. If not can you please share your answers?
Old Nov 26th 2016, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

harryg7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

random question - I know the draws open for the IEC 2017 very soon.

How often were the draws for the 2016 IEC?

Thanks

Harry
Old Nov 28th 2016, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

hbadamspro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Log In to Account on CIC

Hey guys!!
Sorry this is an odd one.

I applied for IEC as was aware that some invitations might be going out today. I just wanted to log in to my account just to check it out. I hadn't been on since October 24th. So I put in my log in details, and it remembered me, but now it's asking me to create my security questions, but I've already done this in the past?

Do I just make new ones?!
Old Nov 28th 2016, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

hbadamspro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Log In to Account on CIC

Okay I made new security questions and now there is no applications there. Even though I submitted and got accepted into the pools right when it opened..
I am freaking out.
Old Nov 28th 2016, 11:26 pm
Just Joined

OK, well it turns out I made a simple mistake by saying I wanted to 'work' in Canada rather than 'Work/Travel with IEC'

I have now sucessfully submitted everything and I'm in the pool of candidates for the working holiday.

I thought I would be asked to provide all of my education/work details to help my application....is that only when I'm invited to apply for a work permit? I actually have a PhD in Chemistry and have worked in the pharma industry for a few years - will these things help my application or is that only helpful for the permanent residency applications?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.