IEC 2017

Old Aug 23rd 2017, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2017

Originally Posted by BNH43

Unfortunately it looks like a lot of people in the UK may end up having to wait until they do a whole new round.
Yep - pretty normal though, it's been oversubscribed for years. It's actually getting easier, the spaces available have more than doubled recently (2015 switching to a single two year permit without changing the allowance, and adding in thousands of extra spaces towards the end of this year and last year).
Old Sep 5th 2017, 12:37 pm
Gained PR July 2014

lindamchugh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IEC

HI I looked on the website but could not see dates, does anyone know when the IEC applications open again ?
Old Sep 5th 2017, 12:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC

Originally Posted by lindamchugh
HI I looked on the website but could not see dates, does anyone know when the IEC applications open again ?
Sometime between October and April - there's no set date and it varies every year. Just keep an eye on the website and there will be a date announced at some point.

I'll move your post to the main IEC thread, we try to keep all IEC related queries there.

HTH.
Old Sep 6th 2017, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

CRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond repute

Are you still considered a "tax resident" of the UK when out here on the IEC?

Kind regards
Old Sep 11th 2017, 7:46 am
Just Joined

BNH43 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just noticed they did another big update. It seems for just about everywhere they've announced the final round, which lasts from 25/09 to 29/09.

There's also a note advising:
Final rounds of invitations for the 2017 IEC season will be from September 25 to 29. Pools will then close for the season.
Some places have had a minor boost to their quota but it won't cover the huge backlog for a lot of programs. Good luck next time for those who missed out.

</thread>
Old Sep 19th 2017, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

ChloeNelson1993 has a reputation beyond reputeChloeNelson1993 has a reputation beyond reputeChloeNelson1993 has a reputation beyond reputeChloeNelson1993 has a reputation beyond reputeChloeNelson1993 has a reputation beyond reputeChloeNelson1993 has a reputation beyond reputeChloeNelson1993 has a reputation beyond reputeChloeNelson1993 has a reputation beyond reputeChloeNelson1993 has a reputation beyond reputeChloeNelson1993 has a reputation beyond reputeChloeNelson1993 has a reputation beyond repute
Default IEC-landing in Canada

Hi

I have recently been approved for my IEC but I'm a little confused about what to do when I land.

I have read the requirements but 2 things have stood out to me 1.proof of funds equivalent to $2500, now on Google converter this equivalents to £1600. Has anybody taking the bare minimum before (the £1600) and been questioned?

2. Proof of flight home or funds for flight home. Is this included in the £1600 or is this extra? My flights alone are £1200. I am not intending on flying home( permanently) until the 2 years is over.

I should probably explain that I am going over as my partner is in the British army and is posted there for 2 years which is how I know I will be there the 2 years and he is also in the position to fund us for a short while until I find a job,so I am not just 'winging it' as it seems in the above. However I haven't declare him in my application because he is not a common law partner(as he live a with the army currently) and we are not going together and he has not had to apply for any visas etc (I'm not sure how the army do it ).

Thanks in advance

Last edited by ChloeNelson1993; Sep 19th 2017 at 6:14 pm.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 7:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC-landing in Canada

The proof of funds required is in addition to the flight ticket (or funds to purchase one). And definitely take a bit more than the bare minimum just in case the exchange rate changes at the last minute!

HTH, I'll move your post to the main IEC thread, we try to keep all IEC related questions there.

Good luck.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC-landing in Canada

Originally Posted by ChloeNelson1993
I have read the requirements but 2 things have stood out to me 1.proof of funds equivalent to $2500, now on Google converter this equivalents to £1600. Has anybody taking the bare minimum before (the £1600) and been questioned?

2. Proof of flight home or funds for flight home. Is this included in the £1600 or is this extra? My flights alone are £1200. I am not intending on flying home( permanently) until the 2 years is over.
With the current volatility of the £, best to have some padding anyway, weekly swings of 5-10c are far from uncommon these days.

You need to have already purchased your insurance, and then have CAD2500 (equivalent), and have either a return flight, or the funds for one (so about another £300-500).

The funds requirement isn't really designed to trip people up as a procedural thing - Canada's an expensive country, like Britain, and people can burn through a lot of money very quickly if they're doing holiday-like things for a month without a job when they first arrive.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

amyg1990 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all
This is my first post, and I apologise if it should be written elsewhere (I have searched my query!)

I’ve read that the new pool opens in mid-October 17 and am considering entering it.

However what are my chances of gaining a IEC when I have a caution from 2005 ( I was a 15yr old ‘school girl’) for shoplifting? I’d love to hear peoples experiences regarding this kind of thing. I’m pretty sure it’s going to come up when I apply for a police cert (as it has on CRBs in the past)

So I’m wondering how I should act in regards to this?
I hope it doesn’t affect me as it was 12 years ago, a lot has changed!
thanks
x
Old Sep 20th 2017, 3:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by amyg1990
This is my first post, and I apologise if it should be written elsewhere (I have searched my query!)
Perfect place, spot on! Welcome to BE.

I’ve read that the new pool opens in mid-October 17 and am considering entering it.
Just to clarify, it could open in mid October......or it could open in mid March. Nobody knows for sure, it's opened as early as October in previous years, and as late as March or even April one year I think! So just keep an eye on the website for the announcement.

However what are my chances of gaining a IEC when I have a caution from 2005 ( I was a 15yr old ‘school girl’) for shoplifting? I’d love to hear peoples experiences regarding this kind of thing. I’m pretty sure it’s going to come up when I apply for a police cert (as it has on CRBs in the past)
Shouldn't be a problem but if I were you, I would apply for an 'info only' app just to check you don't need criminal rehab. I'm pretty sure you won't, but then you'll have proof you are admissible and can use that with your IEC application.

HTH, good luck.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

amyg1990 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Perfect place, spot on! Welcome to BE.

Shouldn't be a problem but if I were you, I would apply for an 'info only' app just to check you don't need criminal rehab. I'm pretty sure you won't, but then you'll have proof you are admissible and can use that with your IEC application.
thank you very much for the info. What is an 'info only' app and how would I go about applying for that?
Old Sep 27th 2017, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

CRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond repute

does anybody have any experience with leaving the country and returning whilst on the IEC? i.e for a vacation, or to visit family etc.

Some of my friends are going to Vegas in a couple months and I was thinking about joining them for a few days?

Do you need to take all your original paperwork with you for re-entry? Proof of funds, insurance etc to be admissible. What a nightmare it would be after going through all that the initial time to be denied upon return ...Gulp!
Old Sep 27th 2017, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by CRAY
does anybody have any experience with leaving the country and returning whilst on the IEC? i.e for a vacation, or to visit family etc.

Some of my friends are going to Vegas in a couple months and I was thinking about joining them for a few days?

Do you need to take all your original paperwork with you for re-entry? Proof of funds, insurance etc to be admissible. What a nightmare it would be after going through all that the initial time to be denied upon return ...Gulp!
Lots of people leave during a two year permit

So long as you have your phone, you'll likely have access to proof of insurance (emailed certificate) and funds (online banking), but they're not stated requirements on re-entry like they are the first time.

That said, any time a non-Canadian arrives at the Canadian border, their entry is subject to the whim of the border officer. But when we were coming back from Vegas, it was (drive up) "HelloBonjour" "Hi (hand over passports) "Where'd you go?" "Las Vegas, for a week" "Bringing much back?" "About $50 of clothes". "Thanks, welcome back." (passports returned, drive off).

It was actually so quick I had to demand the brakes be slammed on a mile down the road so we could return my I94W which I hadn't had time to ask to be rid of
Old Sep 27th 2017, 11:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CRAY

Just take a copy of your work permit. You won't need proof of insurance, funds etc as that is only required to get issued the work permit on arrival.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 11:35 pm
Just Joined

BNH43 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Just take a copy of your work permit. You won't need proof of insurance, funds etc as that is only required to get issued the work permit on arrival.
If I'm reading this correctly it sounds like you would need to provide all the evidence again to re-enter.

If you leave Canada while your work permit is still valid and return to continue working, the border services officer will re-assess your admissibility each time you enter Canada.
Personally I'd be surprised if they gave you a hard time over it when you had already been issued it once. But at the same time I would also bring all the necessary evidence just in case you get somebody who is having a bad day and wants to jerk you around.

Perhaps keep all the evidence in a folder and stash it with your belongings? A user above suggested keeping the evidence on your phone but I personally wouldn't want to risk that something goes wrong and you get denied entry.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.