IEC 2017

Old Mar 3rd 2017, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

hg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2017

Originally Posted by 1Mandem View Post
Hi, can someone tell me what is acceptable as proof of funds? I lost my bank card so can't get online to screenshot a statement. Would cash be accepted? Or could I use my parents statement which shows a recent transaction of around 2500 into my account? Are there any other options anyone can think of?
Visit a branch? They'll usually be happy to print one off for you. & - seems like it'd be tricky to pay for anything once there if you can't get at the money you have...
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 10:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Cash will always work as well if unable to get a bank statement meeting IRCC's requirements as outlined on the IEC website.
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 10:56 pm
Just Joined

1Mandem is an unknown quantity at this point

Cool, thanks.. yeah problem is I am in the us so cant go into a branch. Looks like I might have to get the money wired to me. Not keen on the idea of western union charges though
Old Mar 5th 2017, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

Sammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud of

I have a question regarding the age restrictions on the IEC visa.

The website says it's available to people ages 18-30 inclusive.

Does that mean that if you enter canada on this visa shortly before your 31st birthday, you can stay for the duration of the visa regardless of the fact that you'll turn 31 while you're on it? Or would you have to return at the turn of your 31st birthday?

Also, are these visas 24 months now?
Old Mar 5th 2017, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

UK permits are now a single 24 month participation.

A person needs to be drawn from the pool before they turn 31. As there is processing time, it is entirely possible to be drawn as a late 30 year old, be issued a letter of introduction as an early 31 year old, wait the letter's year of validity, enter Canada as an early 32 year-old, and end the "18-30" work permit as an early 34 year old.
Old Mar 5th 2017, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

Sammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud of

That's great news. So my partner, who turns 30 in June this year, has just submitted his application. Am I right in thinking that he now has to wait to be sent an ITA, and as long as he is invited before he turns 31, he can enter on the visa after he turns 31?

How long do people typically wait for their ITAs?

Thanks so much for the help!
Old Mar 5th 2017, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

As I said. A person needs only to be drawn from the pool before they turn 31 to be eligible for the permit.

If they have entered for the UK pool for this year, the chance is currently 'very low' that they will be drawn, as far more people are in the pool than there are spaces available. Some people receive a draw immediately, some have been entering for the last two years without success.
Old Mar 5th 2017, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

I see. So if he doesn't receive an ITA before the quota for this year is reached, the next opportunity to enter the pool will be October-ish when a new immigration year opens?
Old Mar 15th 2017, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

tariqbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

I have 2 questions:

1. I am waiting to get an invitation (Irish citizen) but I just got a new Passport. Should I update my profile now with my new passport? Or will that remove me from the pool? Or should I wait and do it after I get the invitation?

2. When it talks about the "chance of receiving an invitation in the next round", does that just mean the very next round right? It doesn't refer to the program as a whole? I ask cause there are still over 4,000 visas for ireland left yet it says "very low" (this is 4 times the number of people in the pool!). Im thinking maybe its just cause the next round wont cover everyone in the pool (but they will still have a good chance through the duration of the program).
Old Mar 29th 2017, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

Theprestige94 has a reputation beyond reputeTheprestige94 has a reputation beyond reputeTheprestige94 has a reputation beyond reputeTheprestige94 has a reputation beyond reputeTheprestige94 has a reputation beyond reputeTheprestige94 has a reputation beyond reputeTheprestige94 has a reputation beyond reputeTheprestige94 has a reputation beyond reputeTheprestige94 has a reputation beyond reputeTheprestige94 has a reputation beyond reputeTheprestige94 has a reputation beyond repute

Looking for a bit of advice, I applied for the IEC at the start of December but had no communication as of yet. Is this normal or have I been rejected and they just haven't told me yet.

Kindest Regards

Dylan
Old Mar 29th 2017, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

It's random draw. You might not be drawn at all. You might be drawn tomorrow. Nobody can tell you until they run out of permits.
Old Mar 30th 2017, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

hg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, that's it for me - arrived yesterday, went through Toronto, plopped big pile of paperwork down in front of the immigration lady with a big smile and in return got a funny look, a "welp I guess you've got your stuff all sorted, huh" and permit issued without so much as glance at anything but the POE letter! Next counter along got the full inspection so I guess it depends on who's had their coffee that day, or maybe it's the grey hairs...

Total time from the flight pulling up at the gate to sitting down to wait for the next one with work permit, SIN, Canada side bag xrays done in hand about 2h30.
Old Apr 10th 2017, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

LDN_Kiwi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All!

Got my IEC (YAY!) so now looking at the insurance side of things. Has anyone got any recommendations? I have seen TruTraveller mentioned on here a few times but they seem really expensive especially if you want to do any winter sports!

Also, has anyone managed to get a 24 month visa with only 1 year's insurance? I don't know if I will do 1 or 2 years yet but don't want the option to be taken away!

All help much appreciated!

Thanks
Old Apr 10th 2017, 4:34 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LDN_Kiwi View Post
Hi All!

Got my IEC (YAY!) so now looking at the insurance side of things. Has anyone got any recommendations? I have seen TruTraveller mentioned on here a few times but they seem really expensive especially if you want to do any winter sports!

Also, has anyone managed to get a 24 month visa with only 1 year's insurance? I don't know if I will do 1 or 2 years yet but don't want the option to be taken away!

Thanks
If you don't have 2 years insurance you won't be issued with a 2 year work permit.

Old Apr 10th 2017, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

BNH43 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LDN_Kiwi View Post
Hi All!

Thanks
You'll need to get some basic traveller insurance that is valid for the duration of your stay but depending on what province you're moving to you may be eligible for a provincial healthcare plan which can cut down the cost (in some provinces these may actually be mandatory, like BC).

The idea is your travel insurance will cover absolute worst case scenarios (repatriation, etc.) but you just use the local medical services plan for everything else. You don't necessarily need to get gouged for added extras like insurance against skiing accidents too, as the MSPs may cover injuries resulting from such an accident, but obviously check first.

Here's the link for BC's medical services plan eligibility, as an example: Working Holiday Programs - Province of British Columbia

I'm kind of talking out of my behind as whilst I have the POE letter stashed away, I haven't actually left Australia yet! This information is pretty much what I've found based on some research.

Congratulations on getting the visa!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.