IEC 2017

Old Feb 3rd 2017, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC

Originally Posted by Amy_f
I have just checked on the CIC website on the status of IEC and it said as follows:

Quota: 350
First round of invitations: November 28, 2016 - December 3, 2016
Final round of invitations: To be announced
Invitations issued to date: 251
Spots available: 196
Candidates in the pool: 19

The data for this category are based on the information available on January� 27,� 2017.
Chance of receiving an invitation in the next round
� Excellent
As of January� 27,� 2017

So does this mean I am still included in that pool if I applied mid Jan?
thanks
FYI, there's a dedicated IEC thread at http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...2017-a-884138/ that Qs should go in.

But if you haven't yet been drawn out by them, or removed yourself, then... yes, you'd have to be in it.
Old Feb 8th 2017, 6:45 am
Just Joined

Jacs321 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IEC 2017 working holiday visa

Apologies if this is the wrong place the IEC 2017 thread appears to have closed and I'm new. Urgently seeking help for my distressed son. He's living in canada on a working holiday visa. Issued POE June 2015 and arrived April 2016. Now has been refused second year visa as had one visa. Not clear on the website and has been told conflicting information by iec. Cannot find anyone to talk to who makes these decisions, has sent an enquiry form to them but that takes 20 days so time is running out. Does anyone know the situation, was there an anomaly in that year? Is he eligible ? Is there any way to appeal? He has a good job and his company might sponsor him but is travelling with his girlfriend who does not have the option and her application is still in the pool! Many thanks
Old Feb 8th 2017, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2017 working holiday visa

IEC long thread is at http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...884138/page22/

If he was a 2015 participant, he should have been eligible for a two year permit on arrival. Did he have insurance and a passport which were both valid for two years (or more) on his arrival?
Old Feb 8th 2017, 3:12 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2017 working holiday visa

Originally Posted by Vulcanoid
IEC long thread is at http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...884138/page22/

If he was a 2015 participant, he should have been eligible for a two year permit on arrival. Did he have insurance and a passport which were both valid for two years (or more) on his arrival?
This ^

UK citizens get a ONE 2 year work permit.

He should of queried this at the point of entry when he entered Canada if he was only given a year or less.

If his passport is/was expiring then that could be a reason or if he was asked to show proof of travel insurance for the whole duration (2 years) and it wasn't for the full time. They don't have to give you the 2 years as insurance, proof of funds etc is mantatory
Old Feb 11th 2017, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

thingstodo123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2017

Hi all,

Just thought I'd say thanks to all those who have offered advice along the way. Greatly appreciated. Makes me think I should spend time on here helping - as i become vaguely clued up.

On another note, any advice on getting a job out in Canada?

Aka a professional job - not at any especially high level but above grad level.

Is it impossible from the UK?

Is it best to aim for somewhere like Calgary as the money returns to oil? (I'd rather Vancouver given the skiing.)

Any websites in particular that anyone can recommend?

Any advice I should heed?

As it stands I think I'll save a little more cash in the UK before popping over but seems to make sense to start applying now - if it is advisable?

Thanks as always
Old Feb 11th 2017, 10:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thingstodo123
Hi all,

Just thought I'd say thanks to all those who have offered advice along the way. Greatly appreciated. Makes me think I should spend time on here helping - as i become vaguely clued up.

Is it best to aim for somewhere like Calgary as the money returns to oil? (I'd rather Vancouver given the skiing.)

As it stands I think I'll save a little more cash in the UK before popping over but seems to make sense to start applying now - if it is advisable?

Thanks as always
Can I suggest that you repost this in the main Canada forums? It's not really anything to do with visas, and you'll get more advice if you post in the main forums where more folks are likely to see it.

HTH.
Old Feb 11th 2017, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

thingstodo123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Can I suggest that you repost this in the main Canada forums? It's not really anything to do with visas, and you'll get more advice if you post in the main forums where more folks are likely to see it.

HTH.
Shall do, thanks
Old Feb 12th 2017, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thingstodo123
Hi all,

Thanks as always
Network network network network. Not impossible from the UK but fairly hard.
Old Feb 13th 2017, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

lfc21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2017 and other visa options - UK Student

Hi,

Having seen the chances of me getting a UK WH visa reduced significantly of recent weeks I am hoping someone may be able to point me in another direction.
I wondering what other visa options there are, if any, that I could potentially apply for. I am 21 and will be finishing my law degree in May, alongside my degree I have been working as a Court Reporter (transcription).
My plan had been to travel to Canada in order for me to take my law conversion so that I would be able to apply for jobs within the legal sector, it appears as though I am only able to take these exams in Canada. I am wondering whether I would be able to apply for a visa where I could possibly continue working as a Court Reporter whilst I study and prepare for my law conversion exams. It's a total shot in the dark and am grateful for any advice !
Old Feb 13th 2017, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lfc21
Hi,

Having seen the chances of me getting a UK WH visa reduced significantly of recent weeks I am hoping someone may be able to point me in another direction.
I wondering what other visa options there are, if any, that I could potentially apply for. I am 21 and will be finishing my law degree in May, alongside my degree I have been working as a Court Reporter (transcription).
My plan had been to travel to Canada in order for me to take my law conversion so that I would be able to apply for jobs within the legal sector, it appears as though I am only able to take these exams in Canada. I am wondering whether I would be able to apply for a visa where I could possibly continue working as a Court Reporter whilst I study and prepare for my law conversion exams. It's a total shot in the dark and am grateful for any advice !
Canada doesn't have 'law conversion' the way the UK does. You'll need to contact the NCA to find out how many NCA challenge exams they want you to take, or you can do an LLMCL at a few universities (a one year course on a study permit EDIT: This is most like the 'conversion course' I suppose, although it's more convert a non-Canadian law degree to a Canadian one, where ours are more convert any UK degree into a UK law degree).

It is very unlikely you would get an LMIA for any court clerk position (which would be needed for a work permit).

In addition, there are many Canadian graduates who struggle to get employment in a crowded legal field, and it's generally agreed that it's easier for Canadians with a Canadian education than for Canadians with a foreign education than for foreigners with a foreign education. Which isn't to say it can't be done, but it is a challenge.

lawstudents.ca would probably be a more helpful forum for you if you're looking for info on the mechanics of becoming qualified, due to the experience of Canadians who've returned from overseas.

Last edited by Vulcanoid; Feb 13th 2017 at 10:32 pm. Reason: edit about LLMCL
Old Feb 13th 2017, 10:25 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I'm wondering, if you have sufficient funds, whether a 1 year LLM course might be a way. You could work 20 hours per week, you may be able to get a PGWP (though you would have to check) after you graduate, allowing you a year open work permit.. http://www.osgoodepd.ca/explore-our-...law-graduates/

Old Feb 14th 2017, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

lfc21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Really grateful for the responses! They have been super helpful, I am wondering whether you or anyone else can share any knowledge of sponsorship from Canadian citizens? Is that possible at all, as I have very close friends (may as well be family) who would consider it, if it was achievable. They are newly citizens so have recommended asking here to see if anyone can shine some light on the area.
Old Feb 14th 2017, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Really grateful for the responses! They have been super helpful, I am wondering whether you or anyone else can share any knowledge of sponsorship from Canadian citizens? Is that possible at all, as I have very close friends (may as well be family) who would consider it, if it was achievable. They are newly citizens so have recommended asking here to see if anyone can shine some light on the area.
Forget family sponsorship (from the details you give)
Determine your eligibility – Sponsor your eligible relatives
Old Feb 16th 2017, 9:40 am
Just Joined

elbmirtnevets is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all

I have currently received an invite to apply for the Canada WHV however in the past I was an idiot basically.

While at university in England I
2005 received a caution for possessing some cocaine (freshers week trying to be cool)
2007 received a conditional discharge for drunk & disorderly and also criminal damage (ejected from a club, bouncer spat in my face and i threw a glass bottle from distance at him. The criminal damage is scratched my name into the police cell door)
2007 caution for battery (someone punched me and i punched them back)

Writing those all out made me cringe with embarassment but it is what it is. Am i completely screwed with going to Canada?

From what I have read my 2 convictions are summary offenses and considered minor however the 2 cautions are considered hybrid. I understand I will have to apply for rehabilitation for Canada but would just like some advice really.

I have a subject access report which details these. I was advised by someone to get a memorandum of conviction instead for the 2 convictions and ignore the cautions but I think this would be risky and stupid as it seems like I would be lying.

Anyway any advice appreciated. Don't judge too hard I was a dumb drunken kid.

Thanks
Old Feb 16th 2017, 9:45 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elbmirtnevets
Hello all

I have currently received an invite to apply for the Canada WHV however in the past I was an idiot basically.

While at university in England I
2005 received a caution for possessing some cocaine (freshers week trying to be cool)
2007 received a conditional discharge for drunk & disorderly and also criminal damage (ejected from a club, bouncer spat in my face and i threw a glass bottle from distance at him. The criminal damage is scratched my name into the police cell door)
2007 caution for battery (someone punched me and i punched them back)

Writing those all out made me cringe with embarassment but it is what it is. Am i completely screwed with going to Canada?

From what I have read my 2 convictions are summary offenses and considered minor however the 2 cautions are considered hybrid. I understand I will have to apply for rehabilitation for Canada but would just like some advice really.

I have a subject access report which details these. I was advised by someone to get a memorandum of conviction instead for the 2 convictions and ignore the cautions but I think this would be risky and stupid as it seems like I would be lying.

Anyway any advice appreciated. Don't judge too hard I was a dumb drunken kid.

Thanks
You need to apply for an ACPO certificate and then go from there. Nobody on here can 100% tell you whether or not you would be admissible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.