Accepted 24th Dec
Submitted Documents 12th Jan
Approved 30th Jan

Good Luck to everyone else!
Old Feb 1st 2017, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

tariqbutt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2017

I wish to apply for IEC 2017. While my passport is *currently* valid and will be for the next year, it will expire before I likely start the program.

My question is, should I update my passport before applying, or can I begin my application and update my passport in the mean time?
Old Feb 1st 2017, 10:00 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tariqbutt
I wish to apply for IEC 2017. While my passport is *currently* valid and will be for the next year, it will expire before I likely start the program.

My question is, should I update my passport before applying, or can I begin my application and update my passport in the mean time?
You can do it now and update your passport info if you get an ITA. Your chances of getting an IEC now are already very low, I really wouldn't leave it any longer so would apply now and then get your passport sorted.

HTH.
Old Feb 1st 2017, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You can do it now and update your passport info if you get an ITA. Your chances of getting an IEC now are already very low, I really wouldn't leave it any longer so would apply now and then get your passport sorted.

HTH.
Already really low? I am an irish citizen, does that make a difference? I thought I had plenty of time.
Old Feb 1st 2017, 10:03 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Already really low? I am an irish citizen, does that make a difference? I thought I had plenty of time.
Ah, yes it does make a difference - that's fairly vital information!

There are very few spots left for the UK program, but the Irish program is different. So in which case, you could renew your passport now if you wanted and then apply.
Old Feb 1st 2017, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Ah, yes it does make a difference - that's fairly vital information!

There are very few spots left for the UK program, but the Irish program is different. So in which case, you could renew your passport now if you wanted and then apply.
thank you
Old Feb 1st 2017, 10:05 am
SUPER MODERATOR

thank you
No probs. I would keep an eye on the numbers though, just in case. Still 5516 places left today, but 4021 ITA's issued, so if most of the people do take up their ITA and submit an application, there won't be that many spaces left and your chances will go down. So just keep watch and make sure you don't miss out (or possibly just apply now rather than risk it).

Good luck.
Old Feb 1st 2017, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

kyria88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, so me and partner applied for a WHV earlier in January. He was lucky enough to receive his ITA a week later but I haven't received one. I'm really worried now as there doesn't seem to be many left. I'm coming up for 29 so this year is really our last chance as I'm feeling the tick tock of my biological settling down clock. We should of tried last year or applied earlier but it was one of those things where we've talked about doing this for years etc etc. And now that my partner has his invite and I don't, we both really want it and it's hugely stressing me now!

This week the status was changed from excellent to very low. I just wondered if this was the same kind of outlook as this time last year, or if they have given out more visas than usual this soon? I also wondered about the extra 1000 that were added last year, is it unusual for them to do this? I know the selection is random, so I guess there's nothing at all I can do and it doesn't make a difference at all how long you've been in the pool? And there isn't anything I could of answered badly in the application? Because I put that I live in England but my permanent residence Scottish.I guess these kind of things can't work against you? I'm just panicking now and we're wondering if all hope is lost...

I also wanted to ask about the express entry. My job is NOC Skill Level A, I have a masters and have been working for over 3 years so I think if I achieved a good enough score in one of the English language tests I would have over 450 points. If I came into the country on this type of visa would I only be able to gain employment as an Architect? And with he express entry is there a limit to the amount of visas given and a specific time frame?

Basically I am trying to decide if it's worth paying for English the test, which I imagine would take a few weeks to do it/receive results, and if my chances are better in this pool.

Thank you if anyone has managed to read all of this!!
Old Feb 1st 2017, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kyria88
Hello, so me and partner applied for a WHV earlier in January. He was lucky enough to receive his ITA a week later but I haven't received one. I'm really worried now as there doesn't seem to be many left. I'm coming up for 29 so this year is really our last chance as I'm feeling the tick tock of my biological settling down clock. We should of tried last year or applied earlier but it was one of those things where we've talked about doing this for years etc etc. And now that my partner has his invite and I don't, we both really want it and it's hugely stressing me now!
If you're currently 28, you have two more years of IEC you can go for (you can get an invitation up to your 31st birthday).

This week the status was changed from excellent to very low. I just wondered if this was the same kind of outlook as this time last year, or if they have given out more visas than usual this soon? I also wondered about the extra 1000 that were added last year, is it unusual for them to do this?
That was unprecedented (literally). The switch to random draw is still fairly recent, so who knows how it'll be modified or tweaked as time goes on.

I know the selection is random, so I guess there's nothing at all I can do and it doesn't make a difference at all how long you've been in the pool? And there isn't anything I could of answered badly in the application? Because I put that I live in England but my permanent residence Scottish.I guess these kind of things can't work against you? I'm just panicking now and we're wondering if all hope is lost...
These things are all irrelevant. You're in the pool. You may be drawn or may not be.
Old Feb 1st 2017, 1:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Getting an ITA is not a guarantee of getting a work permit. I have followed the various IEC threads for many years and lets just say not all ITA's result in work permits being issued. Patience is a virtue.
Old Feb 1st 2017, 4:32 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

This week the status was changed from excellent to very low. I just wondered if this was the same kind of outlook as this time last year, or if they have given out more visas than usual this soon? I also wondered about the extra 1000 that were added last year, is it unusual for them to do this? I know the selection is random, so I guess there's nothing at all I can do and it doesn't make a difference at all how long you've been in the pool? And there isn't anything I could of answered badly in the application? Because I put that I live in England but my permanent residence Scottish.I guess these kind of things can't work against you? I'm just panicking now and we're wondering if all hope is lost...

I also wanted to ask about the express entry. My job is NOC Skill Level A, I have a masters and have been working for over 3 years so I think if I achieved a good enough score in one of the English language tests I would have over 450 points. If I came into the country on this type of visa would I only be able to gain employment as an Architect? And with he express entry is there a limit to the amount of visas given and a specific time frame?

Basically I am trying to decide if it's worth paying for English the test, which I imagine would take a few weeks to do it/receive results, and if my chances are better in this pool.

Thank you if anyone has managed to read all of this!!
Express entry is for Permanent Residence, not a temporary work permit.

If you have over 450 points you should definitely apply asap.

As a sidenote, if your partner has an IEC and you have been living as common-law partners for more than 12 months - and presuming that your partner obtains a skilled job - you could get an open work permit on the back of theirs.

Old Feb 2nd 2017, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

kyria88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the replies!! Yes I do need patience! But it is frustrating not being able to vaguely plan..

I’d read on a forum somewhere about an open work permit but couldn’t find all the info on how it works. So with this would he need a job offer or have to have a job for a certain amount of time? Would I be restricted to where I could work, and would my permit be tied to his job? As in if he got a new job would the open work permit be invalid?
Old Feb 2nd 2017, 12:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the replies!! Yes I do need patience! But it is frustrating not being able to vaguely plan..

I’d read on a forum somewhere about an open work permit but couldn’t find all the info on how it works. So with this would he need a job offer or have to have a job for a certain amount of time? Would I be restricted to where I could work, and would my permit be tied to his job? As in if he got a new job would the open work permit be invalid?
Everyone on the IEC gets an open work permit however they are restricted to certain jobs if no medical exam has been taken. They can work anywhere in Canada.

Other open work permits include the Spousal Open Work Permit which is basically a work permit for a spouse of someone on a work permit open or restricted and are working in a skill level 0, A or B NOC code. These are usually not IEC work permits but rather work permits with an LMIA or LMIA exempt where they have had an employer hire them.

In your case IEC is the way to go so just wait.
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 9:54 pm
Just Joined

Amy_f is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation IEC

I have just checked on the CIC website on the status of IEC and it said as follows:

Quota: 350
First round of invitations: November 28, 2016 - December 3, 2016
Final round of invitations: To be announced
Invitations issued to date: 251
Spots available: 196
Candidates in the pool: 19

The data for this category are based on the information available on January� 27,� 2017.
Chance of receiving an invitation in the next round
� Excellent
As of January� 27,� 2017

So does this mean I am still included in that pool if I applied mid Jan?
thanks
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 10:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Default Re: IEC

Are you a UK citizen applying?

The CIC website for UK citizens is showing the following

United Kingdom — Working Holiday

As of Monday, October 17, 2016, at 10:00 am Eastern Daylight Time, this pool is open. If you’re eligible, you can submit your profile now.
Quota: 5,000
First round of invitations: November 28, 2016 - December 3, 2016
Final round of invitations: To be announced
Invitations issued to date: 6,478
Spots available: 1,145
Candidates in the pool: 3,045

The data for this category are based on the information available on January 27, 2017.

Learn more about the numbers.

Chance of receiving an invitation in the next round

Very low

As of January 27, 2017
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/ie...ntry=gb&cat=wh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.