IEC 2017

Old Jan 28th 2017, 2:38 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2017

Originally Posted by thingstodo123
Nice work getting approved.

Probably a silly question but does anyone know if it's ok to submit pictures of documents rather than scanned documents?
Providing the documents are readable and I believe they have to be PDF format

If it was me I would use a scanner
Old Jan 28th 2017, 2:10 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat075 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thingstodo123
Nice work getting approved.

Probably a silly question but does anyone know if it's ok to submit pictures of documents rather than scanned documents?
i scanned mine but sent them as .jpg, just crop the picture so it's only the document and make sure it's clear (take picture in a light room no shadows and try keep the documents flat if they have folds).

.jpg is a safer option unless PDFs are specifically required.
Old Jan 28th 2017, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

DevNinja is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pinnacle
Wow so I received my ITA 3 days ago (24th) applied the same day - submitted later that evening, then today (27th) my application was approved! Was not expecting it that fast as it currently says 8 weeks processing time!

Now the planning begins...
Lucky you.. I submitted a month ago and first contact since then was yesterday when asked for additional documents
Old Jan 29th 2017, 5:05 am
Just Joined

BNH43 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LDN_Kiwi
Thanks.

Has anyone managed to get this evidence from the QLD govt without having to post the full application form with evidence and payment?
I'm literally in exactly the same position as you! I lived in QLD for 5 months a couple of years ago but never had a driver's license there but will have to get this sorted if I get an invitation to apply.

I'm going to call the Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads on Monday about this to see what they reckon.

I'll let you know how I go.
Old Jan 29th 2017, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

LDN_Kiwi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BNH43
I'm literally in exactly the same position as you! I lived in QLD for 5 months a couple of years ago but never had a driver's license there but will have to get this sorted if I get an invitation to apply.

I'm going to call the Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads on Monday about this to see what they reckon.

I'll let you know how I go.
Thanks! Let me know how you get on, good luck!
Old Jan 29th 2017, 11:44 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pinnacle

.jpg is a safer option unless PDFs are specifically required.
Why would you use a JPEG for something with lots of text?
Old Jan 30th 2017, 10:00 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Why wouldn't you? The compression principles of JPEG remain the same. PDF is only a preferred format for text documents because it allows for more advanced features that are particularly designed around text.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 10:39 am
Just Joined

BNH43 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LDN_Kiwi
Thanks! Let me know how you get on, good luck!
So I spoke to them today and they were actually really helpful. It turns out they must deal with this a lot as the lady knew it was related to a Canadian work visa even though I didn't mention Canada in particular.

So unfortunately it is a bit of a faff to do this. You'll need to follow the "By mail" instructions on this page: https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/lic...story/traffic/ and include a cover letter in the envelope explaining the purpose of the request. They apparently have to create a special form such that IRCC is satisfied that you don't have a Queensland license.

Now regretting ever being in QLD even more
Old Jan 30th 2017, 12:43 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
Why wouldn't you? The compression principles of JPEG remain the same. PDF is only a preferred format for text documents because it allows for more advanced features that are particularly designed around text.

Exactly my point then with anything with text - jpeg is only really good for the photos.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 12:47 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly my point then with anything with text - jpeg is only really good for the photos.
No I'm afraid that's not the case. JPEG compression works extremely well with text. Incredibly well in fact. The only reason to use PDF instead of JPEG for images is because it is better suited to a book-type of format and allows OCR editing/highlighting/redaction etc. For this purpose, JPEG should be fine.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 12:59 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
No I'm afraid that's not the case. JPEG compression works extremely well with text. Incredibly well in fact. The only reason to use PDF instead of JPEG for images is because it is better suited to a book-type of format and allows OCR editing/highlighting/redaction etc. For this purpose, JPEG should be fine.
Well PDFs worked fine for my PR application!
Old Jan 30th 2017, 2:14 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Well PDFs worked fine for my PR application!
There's no reason why it shouldn't. PDF is the defacto format for scanned text documents. My point is that JPEG is also a perfectly acceptable format for document scans and if your letters/certificates etc are in JPEG then there isn't really need to convert them unless the CIC insist that you do.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 7:27 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat075 is an unknown quantity at this point

Because once you've scanned the document it is essentially a picture, if you were uploading a text document you created then use a PDF because the text is embedded into the document and can be read by a computer, if you're scanning a document then the result is a flat picture, there's no embedded text layer therefore no need to be PDF.

Basically either will work lol
Old Jan 30th 2017, 8:59 pm
Bex in the city

Fair enough
Old Jan 31st 2017, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

LDN_Kiwi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BNH43
So I spoke to them today and they were actually really helpful. It turns out they must deal with this a lot as the lady knew it was related to a Canadian work visa even though I didn't mention Canada in particular.

So unfortunately it is a bit of a faff to do this. You'll need to follow the "By mail" instructions on this page: https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/lic...story/traffic/ and include a cover letter in the envelope explaining the purpose of the request. They apparently have to create a special form such that IRCC is satisfied that you don't have a Queensland license.

Now regretting ever being in QLD even more
Thanks for the info - it is so annoying but what can we do!? I am posting off all of the paperwork to Australia today and will submit the scanned copies with my IEC application and an explanation letter as I only have 14 days left to submit - I don't think the post will be that quick so hopefully that is enough!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.