IEC 2017

Old Jan 24th 2017, 2:04 am
Just Joined

AmyStark is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2017

Hey guys,

I am sorry to bother and I am positive I have read elsewhere, however, I would like to double check I have it right.. So I have been approved and issued with the Invitation Letter, which is valid until next January.. Problem being is that I've just got a new job.. Which I really wanted to stay in for a year and a bit before moving on..

So my question is this; am I able to travel to Canada in January 2018, with all of my necessary documents (letter, proof of funds, insurance etc).. 'Activate' the two year permit and then come back to the UK until perhaps March/April before going to Canada full time for however long is left on the permit?

I am sure I have read that this is possible, but obviously I don't want to risk the whole permit for a few more months in the UK.. So yes, this is the main question. I am aware that I will need insurance for the full two years, and Tru Traveller been mentioned a lot on here.. So I assume this is the best one? Also.. Do I need an eTA?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.. Oh also where it says proof of funds for return airfare.. Is this in addition to the $2500 (or thereabouts)..

Again many thanks,

Amy
Old Jan 24th 2017, 2:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Yes about coming in January.
No idea about the insurance provider.
No return ticket necessary as you will be in Canada for over a year on the work permit.
Proof of funds is the $2500 on arrival with or without return air fare.
Old Jan 24th 2017, 2:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DevNinja
Ok, thanks for the reply.

To clarify, I am at the stage where I have paid and submitted all of my documentation inc. police certificate from the UK.

If I am asked for additional documentation by CIC (which you mentioned in an earlier post could happen) and remain in the country I am in at the moment, the processing time will take me over the 6 month mark.

If it gets to 6 months should I apply straight way for a police certificate here and send it in, and should I notify CIC about my circumstances while waiting for that?

As for medical, the closest country for me to get that done is Canada. Should I submit a case specific enquiry to organise this? Would I even be able to get an eta and be allowed in to get a medical while my work permit is being processed?
You will only need a medical if working in certain jobs like healthcare, working with children etc or have lived in a specific country
Medical exam requirements for temporary residents (visitors, students and workers)
Old Jan 24th 2017, 9:42 am
Just Joined

LDN_Kiwi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hg42
I applied right as the pool opened several months back and received an invite on the morning of the 15th of December (so a Thursday), for what it's worth. I understand a computer draws people, so it doesn't really do you any good to stress out about it - logically I suppose it ought to happen during office hours so any problems that emerge can be sorted there and then.

Looking at the rounds of invitations though - if (big if!) I've understood the process correctly there will probably be ~3000 spots left for ~4000 applicants - that is:

- 5000 applications will be accepted;
- 4215 invitations have been issued;
- 553 invitations have been accepted;
- * some proportion of the remaining 3682 invitations will be accepted, but there's no way of knowing what that is;
- 4201 people are awaiting an invitation from a pool of (4447 - however many outstanding invitations go forwards + however many accepted invitations don't complete, or fail, the further application process)

So your odds should be pretty good, but depend on how many people don't take up invites - I remember last year the quota started out at 5000 and was then increased to 8000 later on, too. Spare a thought for the French, with 12000 applicants for now 5000 spots!

Thanks for the info - all my stressing paid off! I got my invitation to apply this morning!

Applied 6th December 2016
Invitation received 24th January 2017.

Now I just have to hope my boyfriend manages to get the invitation too!

thanks for everyone's help!
Old Jan 24th 2017, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyStark
Hey guys,

I am sorry to bother and I am positive I have read elsewhere, however, I would like to double check I have it right.. So I have been approved and issued with the Invitation Letter, which is valid until next January.. Problem being is that I've just got a new job.. Which I really wanted to stay in for a year and a bit before moving on..

So my question is this; am I able to travel to Canada in January 2018, with all of my necessary documents (letter, proof of funds, insurance etc).. 'Activate' the two year permit and then come back to the UK until perhaps March/April before going to Canada full time for however long is left on the permit?

I am sure I have read that this is possible, but obviously I don't want to risk the whole permit for a few more months in the UK.. So yes, this is the main question. I am aware that I will need insurance for the full two years, and Tru Traveller been mentioned a lot on here.. So I assume this is the best one? Also.. Do I need an eTA?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.. Oh also where it says proof of funds for return airfare.. Is this in addition to the $2500 (or thereabouts)..

Again many thanks,

Amy
Insurance, Tru Traveller is popular. Check that they will allow an extended visit home though as some will have time limits on amount you can spend home once your trip has commenced.
Old Jan 24th 2017, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

Flyingsolo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I have a frustrating question after failing on finding an answer from the government website.

Last year I had a medical done for my New Zealand working holiday visa, am I able to use this for my IEC Canadian visa. If not do you know why?

Sandy
Old Jan 24th 2017, 6:19 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Flyingsolo
Hello,

I have a frustrating question after failing on finding an answer from the government website.

Last year I had a medical done for my New Zealand working holiday visa, am I able to use this for my IEC Canadian visa. If not do you know why?

Sandy
1, Because it was a NZ requirement, and probably wasn't done at a Canadian Immigration Designated Physician.
Old Jan 24th 2017, 6:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Sandy
Highly unlikely. And it's because (a) medical results are only valid for a year; and (b) medicals must be done at DMP's.

So unless you happened to have the medical done at a doctors that does both Canadian and NZ immi medicals, and it was less than a year ago, you'll need a new one if you'll be looking to work in a job that requires one.

HTH.
Old Jan 24th 2017, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Sandy
Almost certainly not. That would have been done for New Zealand's requirements. So unless it was recent, and overlaps perfectly with what CIC want, and was done with a CIC approved panel physician, won't be adequate.
Old Jan 25th 2017, 8:59 am
Just Joined

Hi all,

I received my invitation to apply and it says I have 9 days to submit my application - I was sure I had read you got 20 days from receiving the invitation to apply to complete the application? Has anyone else received anything different?

I have most of the required documents already but wanted to hold off as long as possible and my partner is still waiting for his invitation to apply - don't think he would be too pleased if I took off without him!

Thanks!!

EDIT: after clicking to start my application I then got sent an updated date which is 20 days from now.....so to answer my own question, I had 9 days to start the application, and 20 days from the start of the application to complete it. Basically I just shortened my own application time by 9 days! Oh well!

Last edited by LDN_Kiwi; Jan 25th 2017 at 9:01 am.
Old Jan 26th 2017, 9:47 am
Just Joined

Has anyone here had to provide a traffic history report from Queensland Australia along with their police report?
I lived in QLD for 1 year and never drove or held a licence. I have my police report already it just seems such a pain to get proof I never held a licence. Wondering if I could submit the police report and see if they ask for the QLD traffic history?
Old Jan 26th 2017, 10:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by LDN_Kiwi
Has anyone here had to provide a traffic history report from Queensland Australia along with their police report?
I lived in QLD for 1 year and never drove or held a licence. I have my police report already it just seems such a pain to get proof I never held a licence. Wondering if I could submit the police report and see if they ask for the QLD traffic history?

Applicants who are unable to provide a Traffic History or a Full Licence History Search must provide evidence, issued by the Queensland and/or Victoria roads authority, stating that they have never held a driver’s license in that state.
How to Get a Police Certificate – Australia
Old Jan 27th 2017, 10:11 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Applicants who are unable to provide a Traffic History or a Full Licence History Search must provide evidence, issued by the Queensland and/or Victoria roads authority, stating that they have never held a driver’s license in that state.
How to Get a Police Certificate – Australia
Thanks.

Has anyone managed to get this evidence from the QLD govt without having to post the full application form with evidence and payment?
Old Jan 28th 2017, 12:02 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat075 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow so I received my ITA 3 days ago (24th) applied the same day - submitted later that evening, then today (27th) my application was approved! Was not expecting it that fast as it currently says 8 weeks processing time!

Now the planning begins...
Old Jan 28th 2017, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

thingstodo123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice work getting approved.

Probably a silly question but does anyone know if it's ok to submit pictures of documents rather than scanned documents?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.