IEC 2017

Old Jan 4th 2017, 10:24 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2017

Originally Posted by kingpenman1 View Post
Sorry mate, I should have explained clearer, I've essentially ****ed about for a year, my POE expires on February 2nd . I appreciate your reply though.
Oh, ok. Are you sure? You said earlier in this thread you only applied mid December?

When exactly did you apply, was it under this year's program or last years?
Old Jan 4th 2017, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

I think you might be thinking of someone else, CO - these are kingpenman1's first posts since Dec 2015?
Old Jan 4th 2017, 10:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vulcanoid View Post
I think you might be thinking of someone else, CO - these are kingpenman1's first posts since Dec 2015?
Sorry, yes, my mistake - read it as Dec 16, not Dec 15!

In which case, he might have let the opportunity slip by unfortunately.

Although I'd say it's still doable, if he's prepared to pull his finger out and work like a demon. Not sure what your day job is kingpenman1, but you might be able to pick up extra work i.e. night work in a supermarket and weekend work in a pub, and just about do it. Been there, done that, used to work 3 jobs when I was younger to pay for my travels!

If not, then you'll have to look at other visa options, as you won't be able to get another IEC - sorry, but you may have blown your only chance. :-(
Old Jan 4th 2017, 10:39 am
Just Joined

kingpenman1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
Sorry, yes, my mistake - read it as Dec 16, not Dec 15!

In which case, he might have let the opportunity slip by unfortunately.

Although I'd say it's still doable, if he's prepared to pull his finger out and work like a demon. Not sure what your day job is kingpenman1, but you might be able to pick up extra work i.e. night work in a supermarket and weekend work in a pub, and just about do it. Been there, done that, used to work 3 jobs when I was younger to pay for my travels!

If not, then you'll have to look at other visa options, as you won't be able to get another IEC - sorry, but you may have blown your only chance. :-(

Thanks for the advice mate, much appreciated. Unfortunately I work 9-5 and credit rating is poop due to being a degenerate gambler so wouldn't be able to take a loan out. I'll need to possibly beg mother for money for the flights and insurance just to activate.
Old Jan 4th 2017, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately I work 9-5
Not to get at you, but that does leave plenty of time for a second job, if you want the money bar work, supermarket stocking, royal mail sorting, cleaning all spring to mind as being outside those hours.

I know you've only got a month, but even a few shifts somewhere would really make a dent in requirements - can get flights to Canada for as little as a few hundred quid. Not saying it'll be easy, but the dream isn't over yet if you want it
Old Jan 4th 2017, 10:57 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Thanks for the advice mate, much appreciated. Unfortunately I work 9-5 and credit rating is poop due to being a degenerate gambler so wouldn't be able to take a loan out. I'll need to possibly beg mother for money for the flights and insurance just to activate.
At least you're honest! The money for proof of funds can't be borrowed anyway, you've not mentioned that but don't forget you'll need that too as well as money for the flight and insurance. Prepare for arrival – International Experience Canada

That $2500 is pretty low though, most people think it's nowhere near enough, so even if you can get it together, you might need to plan to come back to the UK to save up a bit more unless you can find a job very quickly.

If you're working 9-5 Mon to Fri then you could get evening and weekend work and hopefully get enough to get there before 2nd Feb? I think it's definitely doable but you'll need to get your backside in to gear and work like hell to do it, unfortunately that seems to be your only option now unless you're prepared to let the IEC go.
Old Jan 4th 2017, 11:25 am
Just Joined

At least you're honest! The money for proof of funds can't be borrowed anyway, you've not mentioned that but don't forget you'll need that too as well as money for the flight and insurance. Prepare for arrival – International Experience Canada

That $2500 is pretty low though, most people think it's nowhere near enough, so even if you can get it together, you might need to plan to come back to the UK to save up a bit more unless you can find a job very quickly.

If you're working 9-5 Mon to Fri then you could get evening and weekend work and hopefully get enough to get there before 2nd Feb? I think it's definitely doable but you'll need to get your backside in to gear and work like hell to do it, unfortunately that seems to be your only option now unless you're prepared to let the IEC go.

Aye but the proof of funds I'd no need to worry about, I could just get somebody to transfer me the money and get a screenshot and just transfer it back or something (please no lectures about defrauding CIC/the Canadian people). I'll need to think of something guys, thanks for all the advice though regarding working part time jobs etc.
Old Jan 4th 2017, 11:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Aye but the proof of funds I'd no need to worry about, I could just get somebody to transfer me the money and get a screenshot and just transfer it back or something (please no lectures about defrauding CIC/the Canadian people).
Sorry, but you need to think about how you'll live when in Canada then, even if you don't care about committing immigration fraud (note we have people that work for CIC on here, as well as a CBSA officer............oops). If you transfer the money back (if somebody is happy to loan it to you with your financial track record!), then how will you pay for food, rent, travel etc until you find a job?
Old Jan 4th 2017, 11:51 am
Just Joined

Sorry, but you need to think about how you'll live when in Canada then, even if you don't care about committing immigration fraud (note we have people that work for CIC on here, as well as a CBSA officer............oops). If you transfer the money back (if somebody is happy to loan it to you with your financial track record!), then how will you pay for food, rent, travel etc until you find a job?

I know, I was just talking about coming solely to activate the visa but your points are noted.
Old Jan 4th 2017, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

I know, I was just talking about coming solely to activate the visa but your points are noted.
When you arrive to activate your permit, you must meet the legally required conditions you agreed to when you applied. This means at least CAD2500 available to you, and two years of insurance (you will need to use True Traveler if you plan to go home), and flights home or the resources to purchase them.

Not having any of these things could mean you bought the flight for nothing.
Old Jan 7th 2017, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

Victoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond repute

My sons IEC has been approved! Couldn't believe how quickly it came through. We applied mid November, got the ITA mid December, put the paperwork in last Monday and got approval yesterday!

Just out of curiosity, would he have a problem if the proof of funds came from the bank of mum and dad? Surely they don't expect a 19 year old student to have that money in his account ?😃😅 !

Oh to be that age again! The life of the opportunity to get a visa without the hassle us grown ups have to endure !
Old Jan 7th 2017, 11:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Victoria34 View Post
My sons IEC has been approved! Couldn't believe how quickly it came through. We applied mid November, got the ITA mid December, put the paperwork in last Monday and got approval yesterday!

Just out of curiosity, would he have a problem if the proof of funds came from the bank of mum and dad? Surely they don't expect a 19 year old student to have that money in his account ?😃😅 !

Oh to be that age again! The life of the opportunity to get a visa without the hassle us grown ups have to endure !
Under the IEC the proof of funds is a minimum of $2500 Canadian dollars.
There is nothing that stipulates that the money cannot be borrowed it just needs to be in the persons bank account or as quoted from the official website

Funds

The border services officer may also ask for proof of funds.

You must present a statement of your bank account issued no more than one week before your departure for Canada. It must clearly show that you have enough money to support yourself for the first three months of your stay in Canada (the equivalent of CAN$2,500).

If you arrive in Canada with the equivalent of CAN$10,000 or more, you must tell the border services officer. If you do not, you could be fined or put in prison. These funds could be in the form of:

cash,
securities in bearer form (for example, stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills), or
bankers’ drafts, cheques, travellers’ cheques or money orders.
Prepare for arrival – International Experience Canada

Applying for PR has stipulations about the funds not being borrowed which is not applicable in your sons case.
Old Jan 7th 2017, 11:40 am
Just Joined

MichelleCC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Some questions about IEC

Hi folks just looking for a bit of help understanding my IEC

I am from the UK and have an acceptance letter for IEC.
As far as I could find applicants from the UK automatically get 2 years, is this correct or do you need to apply to extend after the first year?
Do the two years have to be consecutive?

Also on my letter it states ;

Note: Workers are permitted to work in Canada for up to four years cumulatively. You are encouraged to keep track of any time you have not worked in Canada and retain any documents that can prove the time during which you did not work.

Can anyone help me make sense of this?

I was also wondering if there is a maximum amount of time you can leave Canada once activating your visa.

Thank you for any help in advance!
Old Jan 7th 2017, 11:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some questions about IEC

Originally Posted by MichelleCC View Post
Hi folks just looking for a bit of help understanding my IEC

I am from the UK and have an acceptance letter for IEC.
As far as I could find applicants from the UK automatically get 2 years, is this correct or do you need to apply to extend after the first year?
Do the two years have to be consecutive?

Also on my letter it states ;

Note: Workers are permitted to work in Canada for up to four years cumulatively. You are encouraged to keep track of any time you have not worked in Canada and retain any documents that can prove the time during which you did not work.

Can anyone help me make sense of this?

I was also wondering if there is a maximum amount of time you can leave Canada once activating your visa.

Thank you for any help in advance!
For UK citizens its a one time deal of a work permit for 2 years once the IEC letter has been activated at a Port of Entry on arriving in Canada. The 2 years is automatic unless the passport validity is less than 2 years on arrival. Its 2 consecutive years and you can leave for as long as you want.
The bit you are reading about the 4 years is not applicable in your case so forget about it.
Old Jan 7th 2017, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

Victoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian View Post
Under the IEC the proof of funds is a minimum of $2500 Canadian dollars.
There is nothing that stipulates that the money cannot be borrowed it just needs to be in the persons bank account or as quoted from the official website

Funds

The border services officer may also ask for proof of funds.

You must present a statement of your bank account issued no more than one week before your departure for Canada. It must clearly show that you have enough money to support yourself for the first three months of your stay in Canada (the equivalent of CAN$2,500).

If you arrive in Canada with the equivalent of CAN$10,000 or more, you must tell the border services officer. If you do not, you could be fined or put in prison. These funds could be in the form of:

cash,
securities in bearer form (for example, stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills), or
bankers’ drafts, cheques, travellers’ cheques or money orders.
Prepare for arrival – International Experience Canada

Applying for PR has stipulations about the funds not being borrowed which is not applicable in your sons case.
Thanks so much for the reassurance. I thought it would be ok but had no idea the funds needed to be in at least a week before so that's very helpful. Thanks FL!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.