Just Joined

MichelleCC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Some questions about IEC

Thank you for the help!
Old Jan 7th 2017, 3:16 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat075 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2017

So I'm still waiting on an ITA (can't bare waiting, want to go so badly!) just trying to figure out the paperwork I'll need for the application? I haven't found an exact list of what you need, I want to get it all ready early, I know you need a police check that is less than 6 months old so I just went ahead and got one, I've got my renewed passport back, I see various information regarding medical exam? I thought you only need to do a medical if you're from or have been to certain countries recently or have had certain illnesses? None of that applies to me so I assume I don't need one? Reading you only had 20 days to submit the application I don't want to be running around gathering more paperwork during this time, I want to apply as soon as I receive the invitation.

Also are people receiving invitations on a certain day? Or could it be any day? I'm literally checking every day, I know it's supposed to be random but I've only seen people that applied early receive them, I applied December 13.
Old Jan 7th 2017, 3:33 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some questions about IEC

Hi

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
For UK citizens its a one time deal of a work permit for 2 years once the IEC letter has been activated at a Port of Entry on arriving in Canada. The 2 years is automatic unless the passport validity is less than 2 years on arrival. Its 2 consecutive years and you can leave for as long as you want.
The bit you are reading about the 4 years is not applicable in your case so forget about it.

1. Actually the 4 year limit on work permits is no longer effective for anyone. From IRCC

"Note: Effective December 13, 2016, the cumulative duration limit no longer applies to all current and future work permit applications (as per public policy pursuant to section 25.2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act). This includes applications submitted in Canada, overseas and at ports of entry."
Old Jan 7th 2017, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

DevNinja is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Victoria34
My sons IEC has been approved! Couldn't believe how quickly it came through. We applied mid November, got the ITA mid December, put the paperwork in last Monday and got approval yesterday!
That's good news!

Can you tell me, was it Monday the 2nd you submitted the work permit application? I submitted mine on the 1st and no reply yet. I didnt expect mine to be a straightforward case so at least they're thinking about it

Last edited by DevNinja; Jan 7th 2017 at 3:43 pm.
Old Jan 7th 2017, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

Victoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DevNinja
That's good news!

Can you tell me, was it Monday the 2nd you submitted the work permit application? I submitted mine on the 1st and no reply yet. I didnt expect mine to be a straightforward case so at least they're thinking about it
Yes it was Monday 2nd. My sons was pretty straight forward . We just had to submit his police certificate, CV ( which I did list all his exams passed with grades - not sure if that was needed but did it anyhow) and all part time work experience, his general info and passport with visa stamps and then of course answer all the questions correctly.

Fingers crossed yours comes through soon. It seems that the confirmation email can literally come through at anytime !
Old Jan 8th 2017, 12:30 am
Just Joined

Fingers crossed yours comes through soon. It seems that the confirmation email can literally come through at anytime !
Cool, thanks, and for the info
Old Jan 8th 2017, 12:45 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pinnacle
just trying to figure out the paperwork I'll need for the application? I haven't found an exact list of what you need
You can apply the same day as long as you have your police certificate or a receipt to show you have requested one.

You will also need a scanner/printer, passport, passport photo, and a CV
Old Jan 8th 2017, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

Mobius1988 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes it was Monday 2nd. My sons was pretty straight forward . We just had to submit his police certificate, CV ( which I did list all his exams passed with grades - not sure if that was needed but did it anyhow) and all part time work experience, his general info and passport with visa stamps and then of course answer all the questions correctly.

That has me worried, I submitted my application on the 28th and still havent heard anything. Mine should be completely straightforward too!
Old Jan 8th 2017, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mobius1988
That has me worried, I submitted my application on the 28th and still havent heard anything. Mine should be completely straightforward too!
Don't sweat it. Service standard is 8 weeks. Some people go phenomenally fast, but there's no reason to expect it, or obvious reason why some of them are.

My first IEC was approved in about 36 hours over a weekend (submitted friday night, approved Sunday afternoon). The second took just under two months. They were each as simple as the other.
Old Jan 8th 2017, 7:02 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat075 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DevNinja
You can apply the same day as long as you have your police certificate or a receipt to show you have requested one.

You will also need a scanner/printer, passport, passport photo, and a CV
How come you need a CV?
Old Jan 8th 2017, 7:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pinnacle
How come you need a CV?
Required document. Nobody's ever reported CIC having a problem with whatever they've submitted.
Old Jan 9th 2017, 1:16 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Vulcanoid
My first IEC was approved in about 36 hours over a weekend (submitted friday night, approved Sunday afternoon)
Surprised CIC has people working on a sunday
Old Jan 10th 2017, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All!

So my girlfriend is applying for her IEC, and after completing the forms online, it has said that she needs to upload Proof of Medical Exam. She does not want to work in one of the occupations that requires a medical, but she has lived in South Korea before.

Now, according to two different pages on the CIC website, it says:

"If you plan to visit for more than six months: You will need a medical exam if you have lived temporarily for six or more consecutive months in one or more of these countries or territories in the one year immediately before the date you want to enter Canada."

Rachael (my girlfriend) lived in South Korea for 19 months between Dec 2012 and June 2014. South Korea is on the list of countries requiring a medical. However, her stay was NOT within the one year immediately before the date she wants to enter Canada. In fact, its not even in the year immediately before now.

Can anyone provide any insight about how to proceed? Can I upload a letter of explanation stating that a medical should not be required as per the pages on the CIC site? Or is there an exception that I'm missing? I don't want her application to be rejected over no medical, but she'd really rather not spend £300 when she doesn't need to.
Old Jan 10th 2017, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

hg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kswoosh
Hi All!

So my girlfriend is applying for her IEC, and after completing the forms online, it has said that she needs to upload Proof of Medical Exam. She does not want to work in one of the occupations that requires a medical, but she has lived in South Korea before.

Now, according to two different pages on the CIC website, it says:

"If you plan to visit for more than six months: You will need a medical exam if you have lived temporarily for six or more consecutive months in one or more of these countries or territories in the one year immediately before the date you want to enter Canada."

Rachael (my girlfriend) lived in South Korea for 19 months between Dec 2012 and June 2014. South Korea is on the list of countries requiring a medical. However, her stay was NOT within the one year immediately before the date she wants to enter Canada. In fact, its not even in the year immediately before now.

Can anyone provide any insight about how to proceed? Can I upload a letter of explanation stating that a medical should not be required as per the pages on the CIC site? Or is there an exception that I'm missing? I don't want her application to be rejected over no medical, but she'd really rather not spend £300 when she doesn't need to.
It's a very awkward bit of phrasing and confused me too (having spent some time in Portugal, but not for a fair while) - but I don't believe the points are supposed to be exclusive. That is to say:

-> You will need a medical exam if you:

- - > have lived temporarily for six or more consecutive months
- - - > in one or more of these countries or territories
- - - - > [independently of when this was]

+ + > have lived temporarily for six or more consecutive months [in one of the listed countries]
+ + + > in the one year immediately before the date you want to enter Canada. (This applies even if you are a citizen of a country that does not need a visa to enter Canada.)
+ + + + > [that is, even if you do not need a visa to enter Canada, if you're staying for >6mo you *WILL* nevertheless require a medical exam if you have spent 6+ months in one of these countries in the year before you enter Canada]

I can't promise I'm correct, but I ended up sucking it up and booking the exam vOv - bear in mind the original thing the rules will have been written with a particular eye for is tuberculosis, which iirc can be pretty dormant for a long time and then suddenly become a problem.

Last edited by hg42; Jan 10th 2017 at 10:16 pm.
Old Jan 11th 2017, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hg42
It's a very awkward bit of phrasing and confused me too (having spent some time in Portugal, but not for a fair while) - but I don't believe the points are supposed to be exclusive.

I can't promise I'm correct, but I ended up sucking it up and booking the exam vOv - bear in mind the original thing the rules will have been written with a particular eye for is tuberculosis, which iirc can be pretty dormant for a long time and then suddenly become a problem.
So I clicked the link showing the list of countries, and on there it says:

Temporary residents by country or territory Under Canada’s immigration law, you must have a medical exam if you:
  • want to come to Canada for more than six months, and
  • have lived or travelled for six months in a country or territory listed below in the year before you come to Canada.
Note the 'and' after the first bullet point.

Wouldn't it be nice if CIC could actually provide accurate and consistent information!!

I'm inclined to think that if they're asking for it, they need it. But knowing how temperamental the wizards can be... I'm not so sure! I'm just going to upload a letter of explanation. If they insist my girlfriend needs a medical, then they can ask for one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.