IEC 2017

Old Oct 14th 2016, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

CRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2017

what are we thinking would be the best tactic with regards to police reports and timing?

As far as I'm aware you have 20 days to submit your work permit application after you have accepted your invite to apply should you receive one.

A police report can take (2 weeks approx?? I could be mistaken on that) Which is a relatively close call, especially if you should make any mistakes or have extra info required by ACPO.

And seeing as in the new system your invitation to apply can come randomly at any point in the year if at all, it would be difficult to get the timing right in requesting a certificate before you receive an invite and hanging on to it indefinitely.

Looking forward to your input guys.
Cray
Old Oct 14th 2016, 8:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

You have ten days to accept an invitation, and having done so, 20 to submit the application.

A police report takes 10 days UK standard timing from filing online, or 2 days priority.

You'd have to work fairly hard at missing the deadlines.
Old Oct 15th 2016, 10:35 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vulcanoid
You have ten days to accept an invitation, and having done so, 20 to submit the application.

A police report takes 10 days UK standard timing from filing online, or 2 days priority.

You'd have to work fairly hard at missing the deadlines.
+1. Just pay the extra small amount for the priority service (it's nothing in the grand scheme of things), and you shouldn't have any issue at all getting in back with loads of time to spare. Make sure the app is ready to go i.e. you have your photos done, and hopefully no problem.

Alternatively, just order it as soon as the program opens (or even now) if you don't mind taking the risk and paying the money even if you're not given an ITA. Then you've got it ready, it might just be wasted money if you're not selected, but if you're worried about timings then that might be an idea?
Old Oct 17th 2016, 11:26 am
Just Joined

hbadamspro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Make sure the app is ready to go i.e. you have your photos done, and hopefully no problem.
So forgive me for being stupid, but I am confused at what we actually need for the application form, if we get invited through to apply for the work permit. I looked on the website but I have no idea what you need for which IEC you applied for? I will be applying for the Working Holiday one. Trying to be as prepared as possible, this is the most stressful thing!!
Old Oct 17th 2016, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hbadamspro
So forgive me for being stupid, but I am confused at what we actually need for the application form, if we get invited through to apply for the work permit. I looked on the website but I have no idea what you need for which IEC you applied for? I will be applying for the Working Holiday one. Trying to be as prepared as possible, this is the most stressful thing!!
Basic biographical information about yourself.

The only thing you'll be asked for that you wouldn't necessarily be expected to have in your head is your passport number and expiry date.

When it comes to applying for your police check, you'll need passport photos and details of a respectable person who's prepared to confirm you're you in the unlikely event they're asked.
Old Oct 17th 2016, 1:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hbadamspro
There is only one IEC route applicable to you, the WHV. As per the info on the IEC page on the CIC website, you will get a personalised checklist when/if given an ITA, but things that everybody needs are the police certs (for all countries you've lived in for 6 months or more since the age of 18), photos and proof of funds/insurance when you come to land.

With 20 days to apply you should have plenty of time to get everything together unless you need a police cert from somewhere complicated, but you could get things like photos done if you feel you want to get a head start and don't mind spending money that might not be necessary. Personally, I would just wait and see if you do get an ITA, just in case they do something like change the photo requirements, but it's up to you.

HTH.
Old Oct 17th 2016, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

hbadamspro is an unknown quantity at this point

Applications are open I think?! Having palpitations over here.
Old Oct 17th 2016, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

CRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond repute

There is only one IEC route applicable to you, the WHV. As per the info on the IEC page on the CIC website, you will get a personalised checklist when/if given an ITA, but things that everybody needs are the police certs (for all countries you've lived in for 6 months or more since the age of 18, EXCEPT CANANDA ITSELF IF YOU HAVE PARTICIPATED BEFORE), photos and proof of funds/insurance when you come to land.

HTH.
See bold above, and yes, it appears to be open. I'm having some adrenaline too, but I think that is just some kind of Pavlovian response from the last time I applied and it was a mad rush.

Should be less concentrated stress this year, just take your time with things and make sure you fill in everything correct. Seeing as everybody is pooled together until they open up the first round of invitation I would say there is no real advantage to rushing through anything at this point.

Can we still hold off actually entering Canada and activating the work permit for up to a year this time should we have successful application, as in previous years?
Old Oct 17th 2016, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

Also, does anyone know if you have to use your same account/ log in details for anything if you have participated previously? MyCiC account etc...
Old Oct 17th 2016, 4:55 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CRAY
Also, does anyone know if you have to use your same account/ log in details for anything if you have participated previously? MyCiC account etc...
Yes you can use the same log in for mycic
Old Oct 17th 2016, 5:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

See bold above
Actually, a police cert isn't required for Canada at all, even if you haven't participated before - CIC do their own checks.

Old Oct 17th 2016, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Yes you can use the same log in for mycic
Cheers bex

How about the GCkey? same as previously?
Old Oct 17th 2016, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Actually, a police cert isn't required for Canada at all, even if you haven't participated before - CIC do their own checks.

Even better! oompa to the rescue (always wondered about that avatar name! hehe)
Old Oct 17th 2016, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers bex

How about the GCkey? same as previously?
Juts answered my own question, entered my old credentials and it says "GCkey Revoked" I assume that's because the old account is no longer valid from previous years.
Old Oct 18th 2016, 6:25 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Juts answered my own question, entered my old credentials and it says "GCkey Revoked" I assume that's because the old account is no longer valid from previous years.
That's strange as I used the same GC Key for both IECs and my PR application

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.