IEC 2016

Old May 11th 2016, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

mahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2016

Originally Posted by Shakyuk
Is there a benefit in doing CELPIP over IELTS?
I think it's personal preference. I can't comment on CELPIP, but I did IELTS in Canada and it was pretty easy. Just take about an hour or two to learn the format and how they word the questions and you should get close enough to full marks.

The only pain about the IELTS is that it took me 5 hours to complete (the actual tests took me less, but it is compulsory and I guess considerate to sit through each exam until the time was up)
Old May 11th 2016, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Brodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really nice

Originally Posted by Brodel
Does anyone know of cheap long stay insurance that allows for long periods of time back in the UK? I need to go to Canada before June so that I can start my visa before it expries. However, I can't stay for long to begin with. I'm aware that I need 2 years worth of insurance when arriving to be issued with a 2 year visa and the cheapest I've found is through alpha travel insurance. The problem is that it only allows for two 21 day trips back to the UK and if the trips are longer than 21 days then the insurance is void.
Regarding my issue above, I am now going to Toronto on the 13th of May and leaving on the 21st. Does anyone think I would have an issue with immigration if I were to have 1 weeks of insurance for the short time I am there, and then have my long stay insurance start on the 22nd of May...so that customs can see I am insured for the entire time, but my Alpha Insurance will not start my insurance until I'm back in the UK... in which case I could just enter Canada at a later date without having to purchase it again?
Old May 11th 2016, 2:33 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a benefit in doing CELPIP over IELTS?
It's all on computer. I hated IELTS. I scored top on speaking and listening but my reading was bad and the writing was just badly marked.

The test is more for people whose first language isn't English, I found a few grammatical errors on the test
Old May 11th 2016, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

akw86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Uploaded my documents Sunday - got my application approved today

Feeling exceptionally grateful and lucky right now, this couldn't have happened at a better time in my life. Thank you to anyone who has helped with the process!
Old May 11th 2016, 5:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Regarding my issue above, I am now going to Toronto on the 13th of May and leaving on the 21st. Does anyone think I would have an issue with immigration if I were to have 1 weeks of insurance for the short time I am there, and then have my long stay insurance start on the 22nd of May...so that customs can see I am insured for the entire time, but my Alpha Insurance will not start my insurance until I'm back in the UK... in which case I could just enter Canada at a later date without having to purchase it again?
I'm afraid I don't think that will be accepted. Immigration won't know that you're not going to change your flight after all, so you do need to show the full two years from when you actually activate the visa. The only thing I can suggest is that you buy the insurance, cancel it when back in the UK (find one with a half decent cancellation policy), and then buy it again before you return.

Good luck.
Old May 11th 2016, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

Brodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really nice

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I'm afraid I don't think that will be accepted. Immigration won't know that you're not going to change your flight after all, so you do need to show the full two years from when you actually activate the visa. The only thing I can suggest is that you buy the insurance, cancel it when back in the UK (find one with a half decent cancellation policy), and then buy it again before you return.

Good luck.
But if I did change my flight I'd still be covered by the 2 year insurance that starts the day my 1 week insurance finishes? At no point would I not have insurance. Or do you mean that they could think I'll just cancel the 2 year insurance once they give me the visa?

I'll look into getting one that I could cancel when I'm back in the UK too. It's a shame though as I'd rather not have to go through cancelling as I'm not trying to deceive anyone, I just don't want to have to pay twice if possible.
Old May 11th 2016, 10:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

But if I did change my flight I'd still be covered by the 2 year insurance that starts the day my 1 week insurance finishes? At no point would I not have insurance. Or do you mean that they could think I'll just cancel the 2 year insurance once they give me the visa?

I'll look into getting one that I could cancel when I'm back in the UK too. It's a shame though as I'd rather not have to go through cancelling as I'm not trying to deceive anyone, I just don't want to have to pay twice if possible.
Basically IRCC (CIC) and CBSA administer the programme. The IEC rules quite clearly state that on arrival and for you to be issued with the work permit that you must provide medical insurance for the length of your stay including repatriation coverage.
You are choosing to arrive go back etc and look at cancelling policies. These are your decisions not CIC or CBSA. Provide what is necessary at the time of being issued the work permit and you will be fine.
Old May 12th 2016, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Basically IRCC (CIC) and CBSA administer the programme. The IEC rules quite clearly state that on arrival and for you to be issued with the work permit that you must provide medical insurance for the length of your stay including repatriation coverage.
You are choosing to arrive go back etc and look at cancelling policies. These are your decisions not CIC or CBSA. Provide what is necessary at the time of being issued the work permit and you will be fine.
Thanks for your advice. It still doesn't quite make sense to me as I would be covered for 2 years and 1 week, and didn't have the intention of cancelling either policy if that option was workable. I'd rather play it safe though with regards to being issued the visa, in which case I'll look at a 2 year policy for my 1 week trip that will let me cancel when I return.
Old May 12th 2016, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mahdawg
I think it's personal preference. I can't comment on CELPIP, but I did IELTS in Canada and it was pretty easy. Just take about an hour or two to learn the format and how they word the questions and you should get close enough to full marks.

The only pain about the IELTS is that it took me 5 hours to complete (the actual tests took me less, but it is compulsory and I guess considerate to sit through each exam until the time was up)
Ah thanks for the info

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
It's all on computer. I hated IELTS. I scored top on speaking and listening but my reading was bad and the writing was just badly marked.

The test is more for people whose first language isn't English, I found a few grammatical errors on the test
Cheers for the reply. I'll probably just do IELTS as I don't want to be worrying about doing a test when we're visiting. I think I'll perform better doing some practices at home and then going to a local University.
Old May 12th 2016, 12:42 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers for the reply. I'll probably just do IELTS as I don't want to be worrying about doing a test when we're visiting. I think I'll perform better doing some practices at home and then going to a local University.
Make sure you do practice tests them and get an idea of the format.

Expect them to keep checking your passport every 5 minutes during the test to check you are the person taking the test. :S

Good luck
Old May 12th 2016, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your advice. It still doesn't quite make sense to me as I would be covered for 2 years and 1 week, and didn't have the intention of cancelling either policy if that option was workable. I'd rather play it safe though with regards to being issued the visa, in which case I'll look at a 2 year policy for my 1 week trip that will let me cancel when I return.
For anyone in a similar position. I have found that True Traveller allow home visits of any duration.
Old May 13th 2016, 2:55 am
Just Joined

sammatthews has a reputation beyond reputesammatthews has a reputation beyond reputesammatthews has a reputation beyond reputesammatthews has a reputation beyond reputesammatthews has a reputation beyond reputesammatthews has a reputation beyond reputesammatthews has a reputation beyond reputesammatthews has a reputation beyond reputesammatthews has a reputation beyond reputesammatthews has a reputation beyond reputesammatthews has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all, I'm not sure if this is the right thread to be posting this in but I am having trouble with my IEC application. I'm assuming I have previously clicked yes to offer of employment before recieving my ITA. I have now received an ITA however when I get try to complete it, I have to provide an offer of employment ID number. I have tried to change the option saying:

'Do you have a signed letter of offer, contract of employment, or internship agreement from an employer in Canada?

But it is not allowing me to do so? Does this mean I am unable to change this?

Also does anyone know the cost of this compliance fee needed from my employer? Does this also tie me to this employer for the entire work permit duration?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by sammatthews; May 13th 2016 at 2:57 am.
Old May 13th 2016, 4:40 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sammatthews
Hello all, I'm not sure if this is the right thread to be posting this in but I am having trouble with my IEC application. I'm assuming I have previously clicked yes to offer of employment before recieving my ITA. I have now received an ITA however when I get try to complete it, I have to provide an offer of employment ID number. I have tried to change the option saying:

'Do you have a signed letter of offer, contract of employment, or internship agreement from an employer in Canada?

But it is not allowing me to do so? Does this mean I am unable to change this?

Also does anyone know the cost of this compliance fee needed from my employer? Does this also tie me to this employer for the entire work permit duration?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
The problem has arisen due to you clicking 'yes' to job offer. Just for reference, there's an example on what should be put down here http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig.../#post11910604

From what I have read elsewhere, this is a known issue - the WHV doesn't require the Employers ID Code etc., but the Young Professional WHV (which UK don't have) do, which is why it continues to ask for it despite you applying for an open work permit. If you asked your employer to go through getting a compliance ID etc., they would have to supply CIC with a copy of the job offer, NOC code as well as pay a fee - and you would be tied to them.

I would recommend getting in touch with CIC asap.

You can either send them a case specific enquiry and explain what is happening - select "IEC" from the dropdown https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-r...e-cas-eng.aspx including a screenshot of the error - or you could contact them on twitter: https://twitter.com/IEC_EIC/with_replies (but they will likely direct you to send a case specific enquiry).

Old May 13th 2016, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Make sure you do practice tests them and get an idea of the format.

Expect them to keep checking your passport every 5 minutes during the test to check you are the person taking the test. :S

Good luck
That sounds a bit irritating... maybe if I put on a German accent and wear lederhosen they'll accept I'm foreign and justified in taking the test.

Australia allow you to skip testing if you have completed a degree at a UK institution. Quite a good rule I think.
Old May 13th 2016, 10:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Australia allow you to skip testing if you have completed a degree at a UK institution. Quite a good rule I think.
That used to be the case for Canada too, until fairly recently, but it was too open to fraud so now they make everybody take the test.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.