IEC 2016

Old May 10th 2016, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2016

For my birthday (7th May) I got an email from CIC... I was in the pool for IEC but on turning 31 my application was rejected and marked ineligible. I was under the impression that if you have your application in before turning 31 then you are then in the draw until next year but it seems this isn't the case!
Old May 10th 2016, 7:43 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shakyuk
For my birthday (7th May) I got an email from CIC... I was in the pool for IEC but on turning 31 my application was rejected and marked ineligible. I was under the impression that if you have your application in before turning 31 then you are then in the draw until next year but it seems this isn't the case!
Oh I am so sorry to hear that! As I understand it, once you have been issued with an invitation and received your LOI then it doesn't matter if you turn 31 after that - but if you turn 31 before receiving it you would no longer be eligible.

My International Experience Canada work permit application has been approved, but I am about to turn 30/31/36 years old. Do I have to enter Canada before my birthday?

What a bummer

Do you have a plan B? Irish Passport?

Old May 10th 2016, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

Brodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really nice
Default Re: Best place for health insurance for IEC?

Originally Posted by WildfireV2
Hey guys.

Anyone know the cheapest place to get health insurance for the IEC 2 year period?

I've looked at quotes and most are a minimum of 450 quid, which is insane really.

Or is there a way of just buying the coverage to show at the airport, and cancelling it and getting a refund a few days later?
The cheapest long stay insurance with Alpha Travel Insurance - Simple & Straightforward Cover is £310 if that helps. I haven't been able to find any cheaper.
Old May 10th 2016, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

CanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond repute

ShakyUK just my thoughts here but my boyfriend applied last year for a 2 years working holilday visa....... he turned 31 during the process...was still issued one. We have to get to Canada by end of july this year. Just wondering if its worth querying with them ?
Old May 10th 2016, 9:31 am
Just Joined

TomLight is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Brodel
The cheapest long stay insurance with Alpha Travel Insurance - Simple & Straightforward Cover is £310 if that helps. I haven't been able to find any cheaper.
Hello,

You could also try Holidaysafe longstay travel insurance They aren't on the compare sites which means they have more leeway with their prices. Don't know if you'll be able to find a policy that changes the 21 day trips back to the UK. Worth phoning up and asking.

Thanks,

Tom
Old May 10th 2016, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WildfireV2
Or I could cancel it, and then re-up months later when I have a working income and not relying on about 7,000GBP in savings and no work income.
Please, please don't.

Not only will you not be fulfilling the programme requirements if you do that (and basically be on a permit you got by fraud), but 7k is way more than most people go out with. Your "insane" insurance is 5% of that. As soon as you cancel it, you're relying on hope and prayer that you don't - slip down the stairs and sprain your ankle. Or make a fresh cup of tea, sit down, and fumble it, dropping boiling water down your chest. Or cycling down the street, hit unlit roadworks & break both arms. These are all surmountable when you're at home with free-at-the-point-of-use healthcare. They can be financially devastating when you have no cover.

The best kind of insurance is 'wasted' money where you never need it. The thing that makes up for it is the one time you call on it, when it pays for every other policy you ever had, and then some.

Whinge about the cost if you like. But get insurance, and don't cancel it.
Old May 10th 2016, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

Brodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really nice

Originally Posted by TomLight
Hello,

You could also try Holidaysafe longstay travel insurance They aren't on the compare sites which means they have more leeway with their prices. Don't know if you'll be able to find a policy that changes the 21 day trips back to the UK. Worth phoning up and asking.

Thanks,

Tom
Thanks for the suggestion. I had a quick look and their online quote for 2 years was £461.78 so quite a bit more.
Old May 10th 2016, 9:54 am
Just Joined

TomLight is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the suggestion. I had a quick look and their online quote for 2 years was £461.78 so quite a bit more.
Phoning might be a better option, as that is quite a bit more. Obviously prices are very competitive on the compare sites, but they are unable to bring them down further.

Tom
Old May 10th 2016, 10:01 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CanadianInGasgow
ShakyUK just my thoughts here but my boyfriend applied last year for a 2 years working holilday visa....... he turned 31 during the process...was still issued one. We have to get to Canada by end of july this year. Just wondering if its worth querying with them ?
It was a very different process last year though, once applied for the age was 'locked in' and it didn't matter if your bf turned 31 during processing. Now everybody has to enter a pool of applicants, but Shaky hasn't actually been given an ITA yet, so he's not applied for an IEC and therefore is unfortunately ineligible now he's over the age limit. Let's hope that his gf gets an ITA and he can then go with her.

Originally Posted by Vulcanoid
Please, please don't.

Not only will you not be fulfilling the programme requirements if you do that (and basically be on a permit you got by fraud), but 7k is way more than most people go out with. Your "insane" insurance is 5% of that. As soon as you cancel it, you're relying on hope and prayer that you don't - slip down the stairs and sprain your ankle. Or make a fresh cup of tea, sit down, and fumble it, dropping boiling water down your chest. Or cycling down the street, hit unlit roadworks & break both arms. These are all surmountable when you're at home with free-at-the-point-of-use healthcare. They can be financially devastating when you have no cover.

The best kind of insurance is 'wasted' money where you never need it. The thing that makes up for it is the one time you call on it, when it pays for every other policy you ever had, and then some.

Whinge about the cost if you like. But get insurance, and don't cancel it.
+1. I read that post yesterday and it scared the life out of me! Risking visa fraud, and being bankrupted (Wildfire, remember that normal provincial healthcare doesn't cover repatriation, which is part of the IEC requirement, so you could be in for a huge bill if the worst were to happen) just isn't worth it for the sake of a couple of hundred quid IMO. In the grand scheme of things, it's a drop in the ocean cost wise, and would be top of my list personally.
Old May 10th 2016, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Let's hope that his gf gets an ITA and he can then go with her.
Lets hope so! She's only 26 so can have a few attempts but either way I think our express entry score estimate was just below 480 (assuming reasonable English scores).

We've got a lot on at the moment and are going to visit Canada next month but will be booking the English test when things have calmed down and sending an EE profile after that.
Old May 10th 2016, 2:26 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shakyuk
Lets hope so! She's only 26 so can have a few attempts but either way I think our express entry score estimate was just below 480 (assuming reasonable English scores).

We've got a lot on at the moment and are going to visit Canada next month but will be booking the English test when things have calmed down and sending an EE profile after that.
See if you can book CELPIP instead of IELTS when you are in Canada.
Old May 10th 2016, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

pbut is an unknown quantity at this point

One more daft question from me...the question 'Have you ever applied to come to Canada before?' Or similar - I answered yes to this and it asked me for dates I arrived and left, although IEC wasn't an option, only worker/student/visitor ect

On the next section, I'm asked have I ever participated in IEC before, (yes once in 2013), asks for dates, my Uci number.

Does this mean I should select no the the first question? Or put yes anyway and select 'other' and type in IEC to cover my backside?

Thanks
Old May 10th 2016, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pbut
One more daft question from me...the question 'Have you ever applied to come to Canada before?' Or similar - I answered yes to this and it asked me for dates I arrived and left, although IEC wasn't an option, only worker/student/visitor ect

On the next section, I'm asked have I ever participated in IEC before, (yes once in 2013), asks for dates, my Uci number.

Does this mean I should select no the the first question? Or put yes anyway and select 'other' and type in IEC to cover my backside?

Thanks
IEC is a work permit, therefore you would have selected worker. UCI number will be printed on your old work permit from 2013 as an 8 digit number on the right hand side.... or somewhere on your POE letter issued that year.
Old May 11th 2016, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
See if you can book CELPIP instead of IELTS when you are in Canada.
Is there a benefit in doing CELPIP over IELTS?
Old May 11th 2016, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

ng4379 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ITA for IEC

Hello guys,

Sorry for the new thread i could not find my previous one.

Cut a long story short we didn't have enough points for our EE profile to be ITA and was getting quite frustrated with the process and you guys advised we try for the IEC we didn't really want to in the beginning but we decided to go ahead and go for it and my partner this morning has received an ITA which is fantastic news so thank you for your help we listened and it worked x

I remember someone saying that when he gets his work permit i can then apply for an open work permit based on me being his common law partner and his NOC being skill type B. can you just elaborate on this for me?

Thank you :-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.