IEC 2016

Old May 8th 2016, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

pbut is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2016

I'm just filling out the questions on my application...the last iec I went on was in 2013, I landed on 27th April and left Canada on 27th October.

With this in mind do I select Yes or No to the question which asks have ilived in any other country for more than 6 months?

Thanks
Old May 8th 2016, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pbut
I'm just filling out the questions on my application...the last iec I went on was in 2013, I landed on 27th April and left Canada on 27th October.

With this in mind do I select Yes or No to the question which asks have ilived in any other country for more than 6 months?

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails IEC 2016-hmmm.jpg  

Last edited by ChrisBan; May 8th 2016 at 8:01 am.
Old May 8th 2016, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

I would answer yes to that question then. Ugh. What's a recommended method for a Canadian Cert? I sent off for a Canadian cert for a job vacancy a couple of years ago, I remember something about it not being a fingerprint one though

Last edited by pbut; May 8th 2016 at 9:09 am.
Old May 8th 2016, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

I would answer yes to that question then. Ugh. What's a recommended method for a Canadian Cert? I sent off for a Canadian cert for a job vacancy a couple of years ago, I remember something about it not being a fingerprint one though
A Canadian RCMP check isn't required unless they specially request you send one; usually in a situation where you name matches within a certain % to someone who is a person of interest.
Old May 8th 2016, 4:02 pm
Just Joined

heatherguthrie is an unknown quantity at this point

My country of residence has changed since I entered the pool but I cant change it in my application (from Scotland to Spain).

I will also have been living in my current address (Spain) for more than 6 months by the time I submit the application. However, it will not let me enter it as a country that I have resided in for more than 6 months because the date I will leave will be in the future.

Do I just continue with the application saying I am in Scotland as it is my permanent address and I will return in July?

Also, should I still get a Spanish police check even though there seems to be no place to enter this information? I'm assuming it would be a good idea to upload the check anyway and write a letter of explanation.
Old May 8th 2016, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
A Canadian RCMP check isn't required unless they specially request you send one; usually in a situation where you name matches within a certain % to someone who is a person of interest.
Ah OK, thanks Chris. For some reason I assumed if I lived in amy country for more than 6 months a police check was required for that country.

One less thing to stress about!
Old May 9th 2016, 10:43 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Ah OK, thanks Chris. For some reason I assumed if I lived in amy country for more than 6 months a police check was required for that country.
It is normally; Canada is the exception because CIC do their own checks. See here - How to get a police certificate - Canada

HTH.
Old May 9th 2016, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

rana1 is an unknown quantity at this point

When entering, does the bank statement you bring need to be signed or anything similar by the bank? Or is just a print out of the statement enough? Thanks.
Old May 9th 2016, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

Brodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really nice

Does anyone know of cheap long stay insurance that allows for long periods of time back in the UK? I need to go to Canada before June so that I can start my visa before it expries. However, I can't stay for long to begin with. I'm aware that I need 2 years worth of insurance when arriving to be issued with a 2 year visa and the cheapest I've found is through alpha travel insurance. The problem is that it only allows for two 21 day trips back to the UK and if the trips are longer than 21 days then the insurance is void.
Old May 9th 2016, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Brodel
Does anyone know of cheap long stay insurance that allows for long periods of time back in the UK? I need to go to Canada before June so that I can start my visa before it expries. However, I can't stay for long to begin with. I'm aware that I need 2 years worth of insurance when arriving to be issued with a 2 year visa and the cheapest I've found is through alpha travel insurance. The problem is that it only allows for two 21 day trips back to the UK and if the trips are longer than 21 days then the insurance is void.
Unfortunately not without sitting down and reading the policy for you. Just a couple of examples that get thrown around True Traveler, World Nomads, Worldwide insure. The latter 2 are typically more expensive but tend to have wider policies
Old May 9th 2016, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rana1
When entering, does the bank statement you bring need to be signed or anything similar by the bank? Or is just a print out of the statement enough? Thanks.
Your proof of available funds must be a statement from your bank account issued no more than one (1) week before your departure for Canada. It must clearly show you have sufficient funds in your account to support yourself financially for the first three months of your stay in Canada, as indicated in the eligibility criteria for your country.
As an IEC participant, what documents do I need when I arrive in Canada?
Old May 9th 2016, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

WildfireV2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best place for health insurance for IEC?

Hey guys.

Anyone know the cheapest place to get health insurance for the IEC 2 year period?

I've looked at quotes and most are a minimum of 450 quid, which is insane really.

Or is there a way of just buying the coverage to show at the airport, and cancelling it and getting a refund a few days later?
Old May 9th 2016, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

PB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best place for health insurance for IEC?

You could do that then the day after you cancel it you are hospitalised and faced with a bill for thousands of dollars not just 450 pds. Guess is up to you but 450 if for 2 years sounds pretty reasonable as some companies want 600-800 pds depending on cover. For sure no insurance in anywhere in North America not a good idea. Lot people use Truetraveller company but they wont be cheaper.
Old May 9th 2016, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

WildfireV2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Best place for health insurance for IEC?

Originally Posted by PB65
You could do that then the day after you cancel it you are hospitalised and faced with a bill for thousands of dollars not just 450 pds. Guess is up to you but 450 if for 2 years sounds pretty reasonable as some companies want 600-800 pds depending on cover. For sure no insurance in anywhere in North America not a good idea. Lot people ise Truetraveller company but they wont be cheaper.
Or I could cancel it, and then re-up months later when I have a working income and not relying on about 7,000GBP in savings and no work income.
Old May 9th 2016, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

PB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond repute

Suggest checking any insurance as any cooling off period where you could cancel might not apply to travel insurance once the start date has passed else everyone would be taking vacations and cancelling having had the benefit. Unfortunately too common with IEC that people underestimate the start up costs plus fact they could have to fund an extended period with no work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.