IEC 2016

Old Apr 26th 2016, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2016

Originally Posted by OUTDOOR
hey all,

Just wanted to leave feedback that my IEC work permit has been approved as of last Friday. HUGE thanks to everyone on this forum - you are all amazing!

Now I have to make a decision whether to quit my job in England and move for the IEC without knowing how to secure a job in Canada...
Worth the gamble really. May not get another "easy" chance to do it in your life
Old Apr 26th 2016, 10:10 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
Worth the gamble really. May not get another "easy" chance to do it in your life
I

I second this advice
Old Apr 27th 2016, 2:37 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OUTDOOR
hey all,

Just wanted to leave feedback that my IEC work permit has been approved as of last Friday. HUGE thanks to everyone on this forum - you are all amazing!

Now I have to make a decision whether to quit my job in England and move for the IEC without knowing how to secure a job in Canada...
Depends on how secure or special the job in England is I guess. If you're working in the local McDonald's I'd imagine the decision is more simple than if you're an architect or dentist.
Old Apr 30th 2016, 8:39 am
Just Joined

akw86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anybody else having issues logging onto MyCIC with GCKey? I got an e-mail yesterday saying I have a message regarding my application but I can't log in to view it - any ideas what the message would be?

EDIT: Ah,just seen on Twitter that it's down until 11.30am

Last edited by akw86; Apr 30th 2016 at 8:51 am.
Old Apr 30th 2016, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

PB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by akw86
Anybody else having issues logging onto MyCIC with GCKey? I got an e-mail yesterday saying I have a message regarding my application but I can't log in to view it - any ideas what the message would be?
planned outage 0400 est 0630 est

https://mobile.twitter.com/iec_eic?lang=en-gb
Old Apr 30th 2016, 11:11 am
Just Joined

Got an invitation to apply

Quick question: would it make sense to get all the documents ready (police certificate etc) within the 10 days before accepting the invitation to apply, so I then have a further 20 days to get everything submitted?

Thanks!
Old Apr 30th 2016, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

heatherguthrie is an unknown quantity at this point

yay, same!

I'm going to accept in a few days once I've organised myself more.

I sent off for my police check early this morning.

I'm still in two minds about whether i should get a medical check or not.
Old Apr 30th 2016, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

Lmjt is a splendid one to beholdLmjt is a splendid one to beholdLmjt is a splendid one to beholdLmjt is a splendid one to beholdLmjt is a splendid one to beholdLmjt is a splendid one to beholdLmjt is a splendid one to beholdLmjt is a splendid one to beholdLmjt is a splendid one to beholdLmjt is a splendid one to beholdLmjt is a splendid one to behold

I got my invitation to apply for my work permit too exciting stuff!
Old Apr 30th 2016, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by heatherguthrie
yay, same!

I'm going to accept in a few days once I've organised myself more.

I sent off for my police check early this morning.

I'm still in two minds about whether i should get a medical check or not.
Yeah I was thinking of applying for the police check Tuesday (as it's bank holiday Monday) then accepting a day or two after that just to be on the safe side. Excited!
Old May 3rd 2016, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

I'm requesting a police certificate from New Zealand. It says it could take 20 days or longer to be processed. Just wondered if anyone have experience requesting one, how long it took, etc. As it's free to request, you can't get a 'receipt' for it and upload a copy of that - at this stage would it be enough showing the e-mail I've sent to the Ministry of Justice in NZ?

Last edited by akw86; May 3rd 2016 at 3:49 pm. Reason: Typo
Old May 4th 2016, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

rana1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best IEC health insurance

I'm departing from London to Toronto on the 15th May, however I'm yet to sort my insurance out. Which providers have people had good/well priced experiences with? Also what are the requirements for the IEC insurance, in terms of how much I'm to be insured for, and for what?

Thanks
Old May 4th 2016, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Minimum insurance requirements:

What type of insurance must I get before leaving for Canada?

As for policy, so many choices out there, really upto you how much you want to spend
Old May 4th 2016, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

rana1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
Minimum insurance requirements:

What type of insurance must I get before leaving for Canada?

As for policy, so many choices out there, really upto you how much you want to spend
I can only ever find them saying I need to be covered for medical costs, hospitalization and repatriation. But with all the policies out there, is there a max I'm meant to look out for medical costs? Some go as high as $10mil, others a lot less.
Old May 5th 2016, 5:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rana1
I'm departing from London to Toronto on the 15th May, however I'm yet to sort my insurance out. Which providers have people had good/well priced experiences with? Also what are the requirements for the IEC insurance, in terms of how much I'm to be insured for, and for what?

Thanks
Originally Posted by rana1
I can only ever find them saying I need to be covered for medical costs, hospitalization and repatriation. But with all the policies out there, is there a max I'm meant to look out for medical costs? Some go as high as $10mil, others a lot less.
Well the more coverage, the more you pay. It is all personal choice how much you want to pay as long as it covers everything you want and provided it has coverage for the points I've linked you to.
Old May 7th 2016, 11:33 pm
Just Joined

Vancouveritee is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone tell me how to pay me fees? Can't find the form..
Do I have to upload the documents first?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.