IEC 2016

Old Feb 17th 2016, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

Vancouveritee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2016

How do I accept the invitation to apply? Whenever I go to mycic it shows my application on the bottom, I can read my messages but seems like theres no link to link me forward.
Should be easy, no?
Where do I click to accept the invitation?
Old Feb 18th 2016, 2:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vancouveritee
I mean look...

https://i.imgsafe.org/1d81178.png

How is this my fault?
Im assuming you followed these instructions

Invitations to Apply – International Experience Canada
If you are invited to apply, you will get a message in your MyCIC account. The message will list your category and all of your next steps.

You will have 10 days to decide if you will accept the invitation. The deadline will be in your invitation. From the day you accept the invitation, you will have 20 days to apply online for a work permit.

To accept the invitation, you will need to:

go to the section called “Continue my profile / application, not yet submitted” in MyCIC
find the application called “Work permit” and
click “Start application.”
If you do not respond by the deadline shown in the invitation, the invitation will expire. If it expires, you will have to submit a new IEC profile and be accepted to the pool again before you can be considered for future invitations.

You must wait at least one business day before you submit a new profile to the pool.

Once you accept your invitation, you need to apply for a work permit. You will have to show proof of the information you gave us in your International Experience Canada (IEC) profile. You will also have to provide more information about your background and the type of work you intend to do in Canada.
Invitations to Apply – International Experience Canada
Old Feb 18th 2016, 2:18 am
Just Joined

To accept the invitation, you will need to:

go to the section called “Continue my profile / application, not yet submitted” in MyCIC
find the application called “Work permit” and
click “Start application.”
If you do not respond by the deadline shown in the invitation, the invitation will expire. If it expires, you will have to submit a new IEC profile and be accepted to the pool again before you can be considered for future invitations.

The problem is, this isnt there. This doesnt show in my application.
Heres hows its supposed to look

http://www.stepwest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/changedprofilegood-606x371.jpg

Now compare this to my image...I dont see how this is my fault.
Old Feb 18th 2016, 3:34 am
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

Your screenshot is from a phone... have you tried accessing it on an actual PC?
Old Feb 18th 2016, 3:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Try what Kuro is suggesting .. and maybe refresh your browser.

S
Old Feb 18th 2016, 10:44 am
Just Joined

Of course I have guys.
But nothing.
Here's a screenshot from PC

What was I supposed to do here? My application will expire soon. I have e mailed them. I don't know. Again, I don't see how its my fault.
Old Feb 18th 2016, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vancouveritee
Of course I have guys.
But nothing.
Here's a screenshot from PC

https://i.imgsafe.org/6169f6d.png

What was I supposed to do here? My application will expire soon. I have e mailed them. I don't know. Again, I don't see how its my fault.
Are you 100% sure your invitation hasn't expired?Briefly reading on Facebook, seen one other instance of this, unfortunately looks like you just have to send a case specific message and hope they get to it before it expires.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/ie...tion-apply.asp

Last edited by ChrisBan; Feb 18th 2016 at 5:31 pm.
Old Feb 18th 2016, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
Are you 100% sure your invitation hasn't expired?Briefly reading on Facebook, seen one other instance of this, unfortunately looks like you just have to send a case specific message and hope they get to it before it expires.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/ie...tion-apply.asp
Well, it expired a few hours ago.
But I sent them a bunch of messages, screenshots, I sent them a case specific message, I mean I did what I could considering the circumstances.
Is it wishful thinking on my part that they might send me an invitation again? I mean, it isnt my fault.
Hope they dont say oh well, tough luck.
Old Feb 21st 2016, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

El Supremo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Insurance (IEC)

Forgive me if this has been asked before - in the next few weeks I will be activating my IEC visa and am wondering about travel insurance. I understand that cover needs to be for the entire 24 month period. I've found that True Traveller and Alpha Insurance offer this type of cover and both cost around £350-£500.

What are you experiences? Any advice would be very welcome.

Last edited by El Supremo; Feb 21st 2016 at 4:18 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2016, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

simplythebetsy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there. I've just uploaded all my supporting docs, submitted and went through to pay. Stupidly I clicked cancel payment, instead of confirm, and now I can't seem to get back to the payment page. I'm a bit concerned as apparently there is only a two hour window to complete payment, or... well, I'm not really sure what happens. I've searched the website like crazy. It says that they're processing my application so I can't click through to the original payment page. Anything you can suggest would be great! Thanks.
Old Feb 21st 2016, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

Koggs is an unknown quantity at this point

Im having the exact same problem simplythebetsy...and today is the final day for my submission. I am very anxious now as my partners application went through with no problem and was able to make payment. I dont recall cancelling payment i followed all the appropriate steps really. When I originally went to go to payment it said there was technical difficulties and that to try again later and when i go back its now saying processing application without an option to pay.

Hoping the 'processing application' will clear shortly.

very nervous now.

any help be very much appreciated

Last edited by Koggs; Feb 21st 2016 at 6:24 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2016, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

Koggs is an unknown quantity at this point

To update..It seemed there was some technical problems with the CIC site. After returning again it seems my payment option has returned and gone through with no problems. Phew
Old Feb 21st 2016, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

simplythebetsy is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: IEC 2016

Originally Posted by Koggs
To update..It seemed there was some technical problems with the CIC site. After returning again it seems my payment option has returned and gone through with no problems. Phew
Hiya. Yeah - the same thing for me. I went back about 2 hours-ish and I could resubmit and the payment has gone through. Phew!
Old Feb 21st 2016, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

pbut is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's something that's confusing me. As of Wednesday last week, it reads the following;
Quota:5000
Invitations issued:3580
Spots available:3511

Is it me or will the final round of invitations be for around 1500 spots?

As it says 'Final round of applications: to be confirmed' literally tearing my hair out here
Old Feb 21st 2016, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

PB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pbut
Here's something that's confusing me. As of Wednesday last week, it reads the following;
Quota:5000
Invitations issued:3580
Spots available:3511

Is it me or will the final round of invitations be for around 1500 spots?

As it says 'Final round of applications: to be confirmed' literally tearing my hair out here
What it means is of the 5000 quota 1489 POEs have been issued . Of the 3580 invitations issued 2091 invitations are either waiting to be accepted or have been accepted and the latter are in process. This means of the quota only 1420 invites are left to go out but of course as in previous years there will be fallout either from failed or expired applications hence final round statement which i guess will get closer as spots available approaches zero or as implied when invitations reach 5000 that may be final round and anything beyond that could be waitlist for any failed/ expired until slots reaches zero.Only CIC will know how thay will manage

Last edited by PB65; Feb 21st 2016 at 7:57 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.