IEC 2015

Old Nov 28th 2014, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

David3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2015

Originally Posted by kswoosh
if you* don't like it, move. You're not a tree.
I've been saying this for years! I've managed to inspire 4 friends to emmigrate outside of the UK to places like S Africa and Australia with this saying - where's it from?!

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it (and many other awesome quotes). Jom Rohn.
Old Nov 28th 2014, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by David3627
I've been saying this for years! I've managed to inspire 4 friends to emmigrate outside of the UK to places like S Africa and Australia with this saying - where's it from?!
Absolutely no idea, but I love it!

I think I saw it on Instagram first, accompanied with a little drawing of a tree.
Old Nov 28th 2014, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

David3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond repute

It's honestly inspired me to move to Canada - it's what started my mind thinking.

I've also got a lot of my physical transofrmation attributed to one of Jim Rohn's other quotes: We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret.
Old Nov 28th 2014, 9:29 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Including this fallacy that dating in Vancouver is difficult.

Maybe if you tried saying hello to someone once in a while...

I had no issues, and I'm not exactly superb looking or in phenomenal shape. You just have to put yourself out there, not sit and home and moan about how horrible it all is.

All about a positive attitude
In regards to this...and I realise you have updated your posts more recently regarding Vancouver...

I personally have tried, I gone out there, I've joined dating sites, I have been much more open minded then I was back in the UK, meeting up with men that I would not usually go for.

I'm not a bad looking lass, I don't look my age and I have a great sense of humour, independence and the ability to work hard for what I have. Yet nothing...

Sometimes I just like meeting up for friendship as I'm used to having a lot of male friends in the UK but even nothing has come about from that, which actually upsets me more rather then the dating aspect. Sometimes I have just met up with them to find out more about where to go and places to see.

In my experience, it has been much more difficult then back at home. I have found the men in Vancouver to be somewhat arrogant about themselves and the ones that are born and bred in Vancouver and haven't ventured out seem to know very little about women

However I still live in hope...
Old Nov 29th 2014, 11:20 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I mean, I get it, it has some flaws, but, at the end of the day, if you* don't like it, move. You're not a tree.
Again, a little bit of empathy goes a long way. It's not always as easy as that! People get stuck in one place for various reasons, there are lots on the forum that would like to leave Canada but can't because of a Canadian spouse, Canadian children, a job that is too good to give up, etc.

Saying 'just move' is oversimplifying it a bit imo, fine if you're young free and single but an awful lot of people on the forum aren't!
Old Dec 1st 2014, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute

Just had a thought... when you apply, does your passport just have to be in date at the time of application, or does it have to be in date including the year that you will be in Canada.

Just realised mine expires in March 2015 - so just had a panic that I might need to get one sorted ASAP. And with the Christmas period coming up, I suspect the 3 week turn around might be revised due to the extra Christmas post.

EDIT: I've read online that it must be valid for the duration of your stay, and that your visa will only be issued up to the expiration date of your passport.

However, I assume the end date of your visa is only decided upon your entry into Canada, not at the point of application (i.e. when you open your Kompass account and apply in January). On that logic, does that mean that I would be fine to apply for my visa on my passport due to expire in March, and as long as I have a new passport by the time I arrive in Canada, I will be eligible for a full year's visa?

(I was actually planning on heading over after March 15, so my current passport wouldn't even be valid any more, so either way I would need a new passport).

I guess the next question is - if you apply on one passport, can you enter the country, and activate your visa, using a new passport? Presumably they will have different passport numbers?

Last edited by kswoosh; Dec 1st 2014 at 11:16 am. Reason: Additional comments
Old Dec 1st 2014, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Just had a thought... when you apply, does your passport just have to be in date at the time of application, or does it have to be in date including the year that you will be in Canada.

Just realised mine expires in March 2015 - so just had a panic that I might need to get one sorted ASAP. And with the Christmas period coming up, I suspect the 3 week turn around might be revised due to the extra Christmas post.
You can apply with it I believe, but obviously when you travel you will need to get it renewed, so with than in mind it's probably easier to get it renewed before. You can also pay a slightly higher fee to get it processed faster, or alternatively if you want a day trip to London you can get it done same day.

In response to your new comments, from other posts I've seen you can apply with one passport and enter on a new one.

I can't recall if it's the first stage or second stage that you need to upload the passport details.
Old Dec 1st 2014, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
In regards to this...and I realise you have updated your posts more recently regarding Vancouver...

I personally have tried, I gone out there, I've joined dating sites, I have been much more open minded then I was back in the UK, meeting up with men that I would not usually go for.

I'm not a bad looking lass, I don't look my age and I have a great sense of humour, independence and the ability to work hard for what I have. Yet nothing...

Sometimes I just like meeting up for friendship as I'm used to having a lot of male friends in the UK but even nothing has come about from that, which actually upsets me more rather then the dating aspect. Sometimes I have just met up with them to find out more about where to go and places to see.

In my experience, it has been much more difficult then back at home. I have found the men in Vancouver to be somewhat arrogant about themselves and the ones that are born and bred in Vancouver and haven't ventured out seem to know very little about women

However I still live in hope...
Sucks to hear you've had a bad experience. Maybe Vancouver women are just nicer than men? Who knows.

P.S. IMO, dating sites are a waste of time. Although I would be happy to be corrected, my experience with them has generally been poor. People (men), on the whole, seem to be after a quick fix. That then obviously affects the women, too. I find a lot of people are either really desperate, or really flakey.

Desperate guys trying to get laid - or desperate girls trying to find a guy who isn't just trying to get laid.

Flakey guys who are just trying to get laid - or flakey girls who are trying to not fall into the trap with guys who are just trying to get laid.

But, of course, that's just my experience. Just giving you my opinion so you know it's not just you having no luck with on-line dating (although I'm sure you already realise that).
Old Dec 1st 2014, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
You can apply with it I believe, but obviously when you travel you will need to get it renewed, so with than in mind it's probably easier to get it renewed before. You can also pay a slightly higher fee to get it processed faster, or alternatively if you want a day trip to London you can get it done same day.

In response to your new comments, from other posts I've seen you can apply with one passport and enter on a new one.

I can't recall if it's the first stage or second stage that you need to upload the passport details.
Both stages require a copy of your passport - first stage is the photo page only, second stage is photo page + any stamped pages.
Old Dec 2nd 2014, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

Leaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond repute

what do people do who are already on IEC fom last year and need to get another UK police certificate? You need to get someone who's known you for two years to sign the back of your passport photo right? Those people are in the UK for me!!!
Old Dec 2nd 2014, 2:17 am
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leaf25
what do people do who are already on IEC fom last year and need to get another UK police certificate? You need to get someone who's known you for two years to sign the back of your passport photo right? Those people are in the UK for me!!!
I asked my friend if she would sign stuff for me. I then sent stuff to her and asked her to mail that on to my mum. I also mailed my form to my mum who then got all the stuff together and sent in the application. She then scanned the certificate and emailed it to me when it came through. Mums, eh?
Old Dec 2nd 2014, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

TheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond repute

Mail them the forms and get to the sign & mail to ACRO. That's the way I did it and it was fine. Alternatively you could fly over and meet them.
Old Dec 2nd 2014, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

Leaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheAwesomeMatt
Mail them the forms and get to the sign & mail to ACRO. That's the way I did it and it was fine. Alternatively you could fly over and meet them.

I presume the bit that refers to you witnessing the signing is ignored?

I was under the impression that once I left Canada that was it, the IEC is finished for that year?
Old Dec 2nd 2014, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

TheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond repute

I forgot all about that witnessing bit. I guess CIC will never know?

And, no, you can leave Canada and retain your work permit, lots of people head back to the UK for Christmas and other family/friends stuff.
Old Dec 2nd 2014, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

Marko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Canadian working holiday visa/police check

Hi,

I am a British Citizen and have been looking at applying for a working holiday visa for Canada. Could you please tell me when I apply do I also have to submit a police check certificate?

I have been looking online and some websites say I do whereas others say you don't. Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Stacey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.