IEC 2015

Old Jul 25th 2015, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

craigthemason is a jewel in the roughcraigthemason is a jewel in the roughcraigthemason is a jewel in the roughcraigthemason is a jewel in the roughcraigthemason is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: IEC 2015

Originally Posted by Cubiscus
Perfect, thank you.
You may have to 'flagpole' to change the visa status also, I'm not certain, but it's highly likely.
Old Jul 25th 2015, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by craigthemason
You may have to 'flagpole' to change the visa status also, I'm not certain, but it's highly likely.
No. If you are currently in Canada on an IEC permit and are applying to change status, it is simply required that you apply. Visitor record is mailed to you when approved meaning no further action required.
Old Jul 25th 2015, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

Cubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by craigthemason
Think I just apply online and have impied status after the end of my work permit for 4 days.

Can I then withdraw my application once I've left Canada as I doubt it'll be processed before I do?
Old Jul 26th 2015, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cubiscus
Think I just apply online and have impied status after the end of my work permit for 4 days.

Can I then withdraw my application once I've left Canada as I doubt it'll be processed before I do?
Yeah provided it hasn't yet been processed you should be able to withdraw
Old Jul 27th 2015, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by conjonway
My sister is at 13 weeks. 3x Case Specific Enquiries later and still no response or update to her MyCIC yet.
Almost 15 weeks, and finally it was approved. Hopefully nobody else has a similar timeline, but if you are still waiting then because it might still be coming!
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

-dodgy Geezer- is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello there everyone, i was wondering if anyone had any information as to which WTN on the waiting list they are up to now? I am just trying to accesss my chance if any of being invited to apply for a visa from this years quota.

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 9th 2015, 4:45 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Question regarding insurance. I already have a two year policy purchased before I left for Canada last year as I thought UK people would only get another year visa.

Is it possible that two seperate insurance policies would be accepted providing they run consecutively for the 2 year period or could that jeopardize my permit and the border officers only giving me one year?
Old Aug 9th 2015, 11:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Question regarding insurance. I already have a two year policy purchased before I left for Canada last year as I thought UK people would only get another year visa.

Is it possible that two seperate insurance policies would be accepted providing they run consecutively for the 2 year period or could that jeopardize my permit and the border officers only giving me one year?
As long as you are insured for the duration of the stay then thats all that matters.
Old Aug 9th 2015, 2:53 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
As long as you are insured for the duration of the stay then thats all that matters.
Thank you FL. That has made me very happy
Old Aug 13th 2015, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Nymeria is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys, for those already in Canada and are soon to be activating their second WHV, which insurance company are you going with? A British one or Canadian?

I'm with HolidaySafe and they're the cheapest I can still find at the moment for a new 24 months. I'm still going to struggle affording a new policy however... Does anybody know if extending a current policy for a 12 month period costs less or the same as a brand new one?

I'm thinking of extending my current one if that's the case, and then just taking out a new 12 month one for my final year.
Old Aug 19th 2015, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

qwerty123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone. I have been extremely stupid and I can't find my passport. If I am to apply for a new passport, can I still enter on the same POE? The POE isn't associated with my current passport number? Thanks.
Old Aug 19th 2015, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

craigthemason is a jewel in the roughcraigthemason is a jewel in the roughcraigthemason is a jewel in the roughcraigthemason is a jewel in the roughcraigthemason is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by qwerty123
Hi everyone. I have been extremely stupid and I can't find my passport. If I am to apply for a new passport, can I still enter on the same POE? The POE isn't associated with my current passport number? Thanks.
Passport number isn't written directly on the POE letter.
However it is probably on their database when they enter the POE details at the border, so it is most likely linked.
You'll be fine, but to be extra safe I'd make sure to take a print out copy of your missing passport to compare it and show them if they question it.
Old Aug 20th 2015, 4:54 pm
Frequent Lurker...

thelikelylad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IEC Insurance

Just wondering if anyone has recommendations for 2 year travel insurance cover for the IEC. I've looked so far and the best quotes I've got are through holidaysafe although I hadn't heard of them before. True traveller have come recommended but are a bit pricier. Any ideas?
Old Aug 22nd 2015, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: IEC Insurance

Originally Posted by thelikelylad
Just wondering if anyone has recommendations for 2 year travel insurance cover for the IEC. I've looked so far and the best quotes I've got are through holidaysafe although I hadn't heard of them before. True traveller have come recommended but are a bit pricier. Any ideas?
I'm 28 and got 2 year policy from Alpha (longstay 250 option)
£250 excess on claims (I don't plan on claiming)
It was £309
And I added activity pack 2 to cover snow boarding and DH Biking (plus many extreme sports) for £60 extra, just to be safe.
So £369 for 731 days.
(They only permit TWO return trips 'home' during your policy life, and each trip has to be 21 days or less, which is a bit of a bummer, 28 would be better)

How much was your holiday safe quote?
Old Aug 24th 2015, 7:40 pm
Frequent Lurker...

thelikelylad is an unknown quantity at this point

Was being quoted £400+ for similar cover and I'm 27. Looking at alpha now though.

On an unrelated note what are people doing to take money into the country, taking physical cash in or setting up an account then doing an international transfer or something entirely different?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.