IEC 2015

Old May 24th 2015, 1:13 am
Just Joined

Alex3170 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2015

Originally Posted by rana1
An FBI check. I received an email from them saying I only need one if I lived in the States for 6 months in the last 2 years, which wouldn't apply to me, but elsewhere I read that I did need one.
Sorry bud, I can only advise on British applications as that's where I'm from. Best call and ask for an accurate answer.
Old May 26th 2015, 7:38 pm
TGB
Just Joined

TGB is an unknown quantity at this point

Its been 6 weeks for me today and still no word from them. I just got off the phone with the people on the number on the previous page and they said they would send me an email containing a form to fill out to enquire about the processing of my application.
Old May 26th 2015, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

mahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGB
Its been 6 weeks for me today and still no word from them. I just got off the phone with the people on the number on the previous page and they said they would send me an email containing a form to fill out to enquire about the processing of my application.
Don't worry about it. I've gone to 7 weeks now and had the same email address. Hoping I get it before week 8 lol
Old May 26th 2015, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGB
I wouldn't hold out much hope. Seen countless posts across social media for people who are going into 7,8 and 9 week waits. Seems to be a consensus that they're working on and around applications submitted on April 7th as these are typically the applications receiving POE letters at the moment
Old May 27th 2015, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

Brodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really nice

I applied on April 10th. I received an email on the 10th of May saying that there were no updates. I received another email today saying that my application had been updated, but when I login there is nothing new on my page, it just says my application is open. Is this just part of the whole slightly confusing process?
Old May 27th 2015, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

mahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brodel
I applied on April 10th. I received an email on the 10th of May saying that there were no updates. I received another email today saying that my application had been updated, but when I login there is nothing new on my page, it just says my application is open. Is this just part of the whole slightly confusing process?
Yep. I applied April 3rd and have had a couple of updated application/ghost emails when nothing has changed. Last one was Wednesday last week. I assume they're just a little bit closer.
Old May 27th 2015, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

Viddi is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Brodel
I got at least one MyCIC update that had no changes to my submission at all. So yeah, just keep an eye out. You'll know when there's an actual message when you get an e-mail AND your Message inbox for your submission on MyCIC says "New messages".
Old May 27th 2015, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

-dodgy Geezer- is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys, Just wondering if anyone on the waiting list has received an invite to apply through CIC yet? Thanks
Old May 27th 2015, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

Viddi is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by -dodgy Geezer-
Hi guys, Just wondering if anyone on the waiting list has received an invite to apply through CIC yet? Thanks
Yep! I'm currently on the CAL received stage (see my signature). Although I got into the waiting list very early. I applied in second round but didn't get into the real list for a month.
Old May 27th 2015, 10:58 pm
Just Joined

Hey guys,

Last year a friend of a friend went through the IEC, got a work permit and moved to Canada on a year working holiday. She bought the required travel health insurance before moving over but then once she had her work permit issued by the border control officers, she cancelled it and got a refund from the health insurance for like $800.

Would anyone check if you did this after getting a work permit or is it a bad idea? Its just a heck of a lot of money to spend, and she said that because she was working her employer covered medical care as well as provincial after 6 months

Bad idea?

Thanks folks!
Old May 27th 2015, 11:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alex3170
Hey guys,

Last year a friend of a friend went through the IEC, got a work permit and moved to Canada on a year working holiday. She bought the required travel health insurance before moving over but then once she had her work permit issued by the border control officers, she cancelled it and got a refund from the health insurance for like $800.

Would anyone check if you did this after getting a work permit or is it a bad idea? Its just a heck of a lot of money to spend, and she said that because she was working her employer covered medical care as well as provincial after 6 months

Bad idea?

Thanks folks!
The employers insurance policy will not cover all that IEC insurance policies cover. Apples to apples etc.
So you are involved in some type of accident which requires you to be medivacked back to the UK by private aircraft. How many employer or Provincial insurance policies cover that. Not a wise decision in my opinion but there again we are talking to the under 30 crowd who think they are invincible and nothing will happen to them.
I hope she doesn't need to use insurance but a 25 grand flight back to the UK is somewhat more expensive than a 2 year insurance policy.
Old May 27th 2015, 11:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
The employers insurance policy will not cover all that IEC insurance policies cover. Apples to apples etc.
So you are involved in some type of accident which requires you to be medivacked back to the UK by private aircraft. How many employer or Provincial insurance policies cover that. Not a wise decision in my opinion but there again we are talking to the under 30 crowd who think they are invincible and nothing will happen to them.
I hope she doesn't need to use insurance but a 25 grand flight back to the UK is somewhat more expensive than a 2 year insurance policy.
Yeah I think you're right. Would anyone from the border actually check if someone cancelled once in the country? I want to see if there is just a repatriation only insurance or something - its just all so expensive! Cheapest I've found is True Traveller for about £470, anyone found any cheaper ones? I don't intend on killing myself, but you're right in that a couple years insurance is cheaper than 25k!!

Thanks
Old May 27th 2015, 11:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alex3170
Yeah I think you're right. Would anyone from the border actually check if someone cancelled once in the country? I want to see if there is just a repatriation only insurance or something - its just all so expensive! Cheapest I've found is True Traveller for about £470, anyone found any cheaper ones? I don't intend on killing myself, but you're right in that a couple years insurance is cheaper than 25k!!

Thanks
Yet many of them will pay that amount for the latest greatest smart phone or concert tickets etc etc etc.
Once issued the work permit nobody will be actively checking to see you still have insurance.
Why do you have car insurance and pay that every year. I haven't had an accident for over 25 years but I pay it every year and it certainly isn't 475 quid more like an average of $1500 per year.
Your choice in the end.
Old May 27th 2015, 11:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Yet many of them will pay that amount for the latest greatest smart phone or concert tickets etc etc etc.
Once issued the work permit nobody will be actively checking to see you still have insurance.
Why do you have car insurance and pay that every year. I haven't had an accident for over 25 years but I pay it every year and it certainly isn't 475 quid more like an average of $1500 per year.
Your choice in the end.
Very true my man. I was concerned that id be kicked out the country if i cancelled it but to be honest you're right - its best to be covered just incase. I'd hate to leave my family with the bill! Thanks for the advice!
Old May 28th 2015, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

rana1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Are people who submitted their documents on or before 8th April still waiting? I am, and I'm not sure whether to call as the number says it's only for within Canada and I'm not sure whether the London office will be much help?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.