IEC 2015

Old Jul 21st 2015, 3:10 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2015

Originally Posted by BeenTrainingDogs
Hi all,

Someone has told me that people who had got IEC visa's in 2014 for 1 year and then IEC's in 2015 for a further 2 years are only getting 1 year 2015 visas at the border. Is this the case or can we get our full 3 years?

Thanks!
You will get 2 years if you got through in 2015.

You will get 1 year if the IEC was from 2014.

Whoever told you the above is talking rubbish
Old Jul 21st 2015, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo

I wouldn't be so dismissive. I've know of people who came over on IEC last year with Irish passports and were only given one year visas because that's all the border agent said they could give them. They had to chase up CIC to get the correct length.
Old Jul 21st 2015, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

BeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo

Actually no they're not.

Here's the evidence of what I was told on the CIC IEC page:

If you participated in IEC before 2015 for a period of up to 12 months, you are eligible for a second participation of up to 24 months. Those who participated in IEC more than once before 2015 are no longer eligible to apply.
The very key words there being "up to 24 months".
Old Jul 21st 2015, 7:39 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BeenTrainingDogs
Actually no they're not.

Here's the evidence of what I was told on the CIC IEC page:

The very key words there being "up to 24 months".
yeah but up to 24 months means as long as you show you have insurance up to 24 months then you should be fine.

I know people on the facebook pages that have got their two years so I stand by my statement.

If the border agent refuses to give the 24 months when you have all evidence they require then ask to their superviser.
Old Jul 21st 2015, 7:40 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by bc2015
I wouldn't be so dismissive. I've know of people who came over on IEC last year with Irish passports and were only given one year visas because that's all the border agent said they could give them. They had to chase up CIC to get the correct length.
That is because the agents dont know that the length has changed. I am taking the information on the CIC page to show them if they try and only give me a year and i have all other proofs (insurance, bank statement etc)
Old Jul 21st 2015, 9:36 pm
is awesome

catpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by conjonway
Emailed the [email protected] email address today to see if that yields any more success! Best of luck to your sister too
Thanks, I'll pass that on to her. She's really worried now because her CAL had an expiry date on it and she thinks she submitted everything after that date (by about three weeks). Now she's checked into it, the CIC website had a different date, which is the one she was working towards. She's panicking that she's been disqualified now from getting a visa....
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 9:22 pm
is awesome

catpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud of

Ah well, it's all over for my sister. She got rejected for not submitting her application in time. Her CAL had an expiry of 14 days but when she went to upload it to CIC, it gave her a 60 day deadline so she assumed that was the correct one. She has screenshots to prove everything she said and has appealed IEC's decision but with no luck. Seems a little unfair to have two different sets of info and to make two different decisions (someone else on another website had the same issue and they got their LOI thing anyway). Good luck to everyone else who's still waiting to hear and have a great time!
Old Jul 23rd 2015, 5:44 am
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by catpea33
Ah well, it's all over for my sister. She got rejected for not submitting her application in time. Her CAL had an expiry of 14 days but when she went to upload it to CIC, it gave her a 60 day deadline so she assumed that was the correct one. She has screenshots to prove everything she said and has appealed IEC's decision but with no luck. Seems a little unfair to have two different sets of info and to make two different decisions (someone else on another website had the same issue and they got their LOI thing anyway). Good luck to everyone else who's still waiting to hear and have a great time!
Yeah the 60 days is for the validity for the checklist.
Old Jul 23rd 2015, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

paul_dicko is an unknown quantity at this point

If your conditional acceptance letter has expired after the 14 days is there nothing that can be done about it, do you have to wait until next year again? Mine came through a lot quicker than I expected and I was on holiday, so it has now expired.
Can you even start the process again this year?
Any help is much appreciated, thank you.
I have e-mailed them but no response back.
Old Jul 23rd 2015, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

craigthemason is a jewel in the roughcraigthemason is a jewel in the roughcraigthemason is a jewel in the roughcraigthemason is a jewel in the roughcraigthemason is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by paul_dicko
If your conditional acceptance letter has expired after the 14 days is there nothing that can be done about it, do you have to wait until next year again? Mine came through a lot quicker than I expected and I was on holiday, so it has now expired.
Can you even start the process again this year?
Any help is much appreciated, thank you.
I have e-mailed them but no response back.
The 2015 Canada dream is over for you my friend.
You will need to reapply when the 2016 IEC opens
Old Jul 23rd 2015, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by craigthemason
The 2015 Canada dream is over for you my friend.
You will need to reapply when the 2016 IEC opens
Sounds harsh but you're correct Next year keep your eyes on your email inbox for that CAL!
Old Jul 23rd 2015, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

paul_dicko is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the info. I actually never got an e-mail to my normal account about it which I expected, but then it was my own fault for not checking my kompass inbox!
Old Jul 25th 2015, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

Cubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant future

Hey guys, quick question - we're moving to Oz in the near future and due to quarantine rules for pets will need to stay (but not work) beyond the expiry of the IEC visa by 4 days.

I know we can apply online to change status to visitor to cover this but does that instantly put you on implied status, i.e. we'd have to stop work as of that day, or just from the point when the work permit expires?

Thanks!
Old Jul 25th 2015, 9:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cubiscus
Hey guys, quick question - we're moving to Oz in the near future and due to quarantine rules for pets will need to stay (but not work) beyond the expiry of the IEC visa by 4 days.

I know we can apply online to change status to visitor to cover this but does that instantly put you on implied status, i.e. we'd have to stop work as of that day, or just from the point when the work permit expires?

Thanks!
From the day the work permit expires.
Old Jul 25th 2015, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

Cubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant futureCubiscus has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
From the day the work permit expires.
Perfect, thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.