IEC 2015

Old Apr 21st 2015, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2015

Originally Posted by videomannico
Do we need to put in an lmia number into for imm1295 ? Or is it nor required ? And do we need to fill anything out for intended work in Canada ? Please help !
You will not have an LMIA number.

Your intended work is "unknown".
Old Apr 21st 2015, 9:46 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Do we need to put in an lmia number into for imm1295 ? Or is it nor required ? And do we need to fill anything out for intended work in Canada ? Please help !
Please re-read Site Rule 13 and don't bump your questions, and please do search the thread if you're struggling to find an answer, as these questions have been asked and answered a few times before.

Thx.
Old Apr 21st 2015, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

videomannico is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys , scrolled through forum , couldn't find anything , I just wondered what some people had put under travel itenerary as I have nothing booked as of yet and not entirely sure where my first destination is , what would anyone recommend putting there ? Without filling it blank ? Any help would be great ,
Old Apr 21st 2015, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

matt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys , scrolled through forum , couldn't find anything , I just wondered what some people had put under travel itenerary as I have nothing booked as of yet and not entirely sure where my first destination is , what would anyone recommend putting there ? Without filling it blank ? Any help would be great ,
Just write roughly the date or even month you want to arrive, what province, if you intend on any work, and when you want to leave. It doesn't really matter if things change, it's just a rough guide
Old Apr 21st 2015, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

[Thanks matt ! Will do ,

QUOTE=matt101;11624619]Just write roughly the date or even month you want to arrive, what province, if you intend on any work, and when you want to leave. It doesn't really matter if things change, it's just a rough guide[/QUOTE]
Old Apr 21st 2015, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

iamtheeggman84 is just really niceiamtheeggman84 is just really niceiamtheeggman84 is just really niceiamtheeggman84 is just really niceiamtheeggman84 is just really niceiamtheeggman84 is just really niceiamtheeggman84 is just really niceiamtheeggman84 is just really nice

Anyone on the waiting list been invited to apply yet????
Old Apr 21st 2015, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

Also do you know about the """ optional documents" it said schedule 1 declaration underneath , any ideas ? Many thanks nico the dipso

QUOTE=videomannico;11624643][Thanks matt ! Will do ,

QUOTE=matt101;11624619]Just write roughly the date or even month you want to arrive, what province, if you intend on any work, and when you want to leave. It doesn't really matter if things change, it's just a rough guide[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

Amy1807 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone from UK round 2 still awaiting their CAL?
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 8:52 pm
23_
Just Joined

23_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone got their 2015 POE that is currently in Canada on their first IEC visa but that also participated in a different programme prior to 2011. I.e. Before IEC existed?

If so what programme did you participate in pre 2011?

My understanding is that you can participate in IEC TWICE?
I've received a letter of refusal today on the grounds that I've participated too many times. I had a student exchange visa in 2006 and am currently in Canada on my first IEC visa.

Anything I can do?
I'm seeing a lawyer tomorrow and could do with knowing if there are other people in this situation who've been refused or granted.

Thanks

Also does anyone have a direct phone number for Canadian High Commision London. Called the MyCIC call centre today and they were useless and just insisted I talked to London.
Thanks
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 4:39 am
TGB
Just Joined

TGB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amy1807
Anyone from UK round 2 still awaiting their CAL?
If you got a place then thats an awfully long time to be waiting. have you logged into your kompass account to check your messages?
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 5:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 23_
Has anyone got their 2015 POE that is currently in Canada on their first IEC visa but that also participated in a different programme prior to 2011. I.e. Before IEC existed?

If so what programme did you participate in pre 2011?

My understanding is that you can participate in IEC TWICE?
I've received a letter of refusal today on the grounds that I've participated too many times. I had a student exchange visa in 2006 and am currently in Canada on my first IEC visa.

Anything I can do?
I'm seeing a lawyer tomorrow and could do with knowing if there are other people in this situation who've been refused or granted.

Thanks

Also does anyone have a direct phone number for Canadian High Commision London. Called the MyCIC call centre today and they were useless and just insisted I talked to London.
Thanks

Pretty sure there's nothing you can do; the rules are very clear, you may only participate in IEC programmes once as a UK citizen, unless you participated once before the 2015 year, in which case you may participate once more.

Several people here & on the fb groups said they were applying for a third in mainly forlorn hope, having already had one IEC permit, and one pre-IEC working holiday permit - these now seem to being rejected, as you don't qualify. The argument people were hoping to deploy was 'Your new rules are about how many IEC working holiday permits I can have, but my old working holiday permits weren't called IEC so you should totally ignore them'. Predictably, CIC have interpreted it to mean youth mobility permits en bloc, rather than the results of the specific IEC system.

People are complaining that CALs had been issued; whilst this may have gotten your hopes up, I'm genuinely intrigued, how did you answer the question on previous participation? As I suspect that you answered "no" due to the name being different, whereas had you answered 'yes' as you knew you had already been on a working holiday permit, you wouldn't even have got that far?
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

Amy1807 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TGB
If you got a place then thats an awfully long time to be waiting. have you logged into your kompass account to check your messages?
Yes, status is 'in progress'. I received my notification of receipt last Monday 13th. I know it can take up to 14 days after that but...still. Feels like I'm the only one waiting!
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 10:42 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

If anyone is interested, The first IEC opened and closed within 12 minutes, the 2nd round is now in progress.

Description: The Working Holiday category is designed for Irish citizens who intend to travel in Canada and who wish to find temporary paid employment to help pay for their stay (up to 24 months).
Round two (current round)

Quota: 3,850
Spots available: 2,432Footnote *
Opened on: April 16, 2015, at 10:00 EDT (15:00 Dublin time)
Round one

Quota: 3,850
Opened on: April 14, 2015, at 14:00 EDT (19:00 Dublin time)
Closed on: April 14, 2015 at 14:12 EDT (19:12 Dublin time)
Old Apr 24th 2015, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vulcanoid
I'm genuinely intrigued, how did you answer the question on previous participation? As I suspect that you answered "no" due to the name being different, whereas had you answered 'yes' as you knew you had already been on a working holiday permit, you wouldn't even have got that far?
As far as I know, anyone who applied despite previous participations either entered only one previous participation, or answered 'no'.

I didn't bother. CIC may be unorganised, but they're not stupid. I can't imagine they won't background check people to see if they have participated before.
Old Apr 24th 2015, 9:38 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

So CIC have been into my application for the third time (ghost email received) and all they did was update my medical section to 'passed' - this is unusual for me as last year I waited 4 weeks and emailed them then got my POE. the 6 weeks isn't up till 8th May so I cant email them but does this mean they are slowly looking through my application?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.