IEC 2015

Old Mar 30th 2015, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2015

Originally Posted by Rich8
Hi all,
I have an issue with IEC Canada that is preventing me from receiving my CAL.

I received a message from Kompass a few days ago informing me that my application had been rejected, the reason stated was: (I) 'do not hold a passport issued by the IEC country that you have chosen'.

I am from the Isle of Man (making me a British Citizen) but I selected the UK as my country of citizenship as the Isle of Man option prevented me from continuing the application, has anyone applying from the Isle of Man had this issue before or is anyone familiar with the process for those who hold an Isle of Man issued passport?

I have messaged Kompass and the London CIC Office and I am awaiting a response, I am worried that my place in the quota has already been given away and I am being left in the dark in regards to whether I need to re apply before the 2nd quota for the UK opens.

Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated!

Rich
I saw this happen a couple years ago and there was no success for those individuals. Previously Jersey and Guernsey were also excluded but they have since been included.

Unfortunately, I think you're out of luck unless you can get a UK passport
Old Mar 30th 2015, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

rana1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FBI check help

Hi all,

I have just received my CAL for the IEC. I studied in the States between August 2012 - June 2013. I did return home between 15th December to 15th January in that time, so does that mean I wasn't there for 6 consecutive months? Or will they not accept that and require an FBI check?

Furthermore, assuming I do need to get an FBI check done, do I just submit my CIC application with a letter of explanation attached saying I'm getting one (the waiting times are months). Or do I just submit a letter of explanation without submitting the files I have now?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old Mar 31st 2015, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

MrFloyd is just really niceMrFloyd is just really niceMrFloyd is just really niceMrFloyd is just really niceMrFloyd is just really niceMrFloyd is just really niceMrFloyd is just really niceMrFloyd is just really nice

Originally Posted by pilky01
What's with the second payment seemingly requiring a credit card? I paid the first $150 using my Canadian debit card with no problems, but it isn't working for the $100 payment. Tried a couple of times now. The payment page does say "credit card" but I think the first one did too? Anyone else had this?
I had issues with this too but ended up just paying on my UK debit card.
Old Mar 31st 2015, 9:15 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FBI check help

Originally Posted by rana1
I did return home between 15th December to 15th January in that time, so does that mean I wasn't there for 6 consecutive months? Or will they not accept that and require an FBI check?
You were resident for 6 consecutive months though, just returning to your home country for a short holiday doesn't mean you don't need a police cert for that time.

Furthermore, assuming I do need to get an FBI check done, do I just submit my CIC application with a letter of explanation attached saying I'm getting one (the waiting times are months). Or do I just submit a letter of explanation without submitting the files I have now?
Not a clue I'm afraid, but the good folks on the IEC thread will no doubt be able to advise you. I'll move your post there now, please do always put any IEC related questions there, thanks.
Old Mar 31st 2015, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Submit your entire package before your CAL expires, with a letter of explanation stating you have applied for FBI check, would probably be a good idea to include proof of applying at this point too. CIC will then give you the additional time to upload if needed
Old Mar 31st 2015, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

Amy1807 is an unknown quantity at this point

My OH was successful obtaining an IEC, If I am unsuccessful applying for myself in the next round(s) I'm planning on going over as a visitor.
Could anyone clarify if a visitors record can be issued for longer than 6 months? I know it's all at the discression of the officer on the day, but if I showed them a copy of his TWP, are they able to issue a visitor record for the same duration, if they feel they want to?
Thanks
Old Mar 31st 2015, 12:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amy1807
My OH was successful obtaining an IEC, If I am unsuccessful applying for myself in the next round(s) I'm planning on going over as a visitor.
Could anyone clarify if a visitors record can be issued for longer than 6 months? I know it's all at the discression of the officer on the day, but if I showed them a copy of his TWP, are they able to issue a visitor record for the same duration, if they feel they want to?
Thanks
Yes if married or meet the common law requirements. If just boyfriend/girlfriend it could be a tough sell. You will need to show you have sufficient funds to look after yourself if required plus will also need health coverage.
Old Mar 31st 2015, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Yes if married or meet the common law requirements. If just boyfriend/girlfriend it could be a tough sell. You will need to show you have sufficient funds to look after yourself if required plus will also need health coverage.
Great We have been together 8 years have children and joint bank, bills, mortgage etc. not married yet.
With regards to health coverage, would I also buy a 2 year policy for myself and kids? And would we need sufficient funds if we meet requirement for common-law or will they assume his wages will support us?
Thanks
Old Mar 31st 2015, 12:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amy1807
Great We have been together 8 years have children and joint bank, bills, mortgage etc. not married yet.
With regards to health coverage, would I also buy a 2 year policy for myself and kids? And would we need sufficient funds if we meet requirement for common-law or will they assume his wages will support us?
Thanks
Depending where you end up you will have to check if you qualify for any Provincial healthcare plan based on your OH working. We never assume as there is no guarantee he will get a job on the IEC but most do. Without adequate coverage and something goes wrong it could be a costly affair.
Old Mar 31st 2015, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Depending where you end up you will have to check if you qualify for any Provincial healthcare plan based on your OH working. We never assume as there is no guarantee he will get a job on the IEC but most do. Without adequate coverage and something goes wrong it could be a costly affair.
The plan is for him to go over first, so when we do come over he would have employment. Could take along some paperwork from employer just incase.
Thank you very much, great advice.
Old Mar 31st 2015, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

craigthemason is a jewel in the roughcraigthemason is a jewel in the roughcraigthemason is a jewel in the roughcraigthemason is a jewel in the roughcraigthemason is a jewel in the rough

Not a clue I'm afraid, but the good folks on the IEC thread will no doubt be able to advise you. I'll move your post there now, please do always put any IEC related questions there, thanks.[/QUOTE]

What's the different thread got going on?
This one is named IEC2015...
Old Mar 31st 2015, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

rana1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
Submit your entire package before your CAL expires, with a letter of explanation stating you have applied for FBI check, would probably be a good idea to include proof of applying at this point too. CIC will then give you the additional time to upload if needed
Ok thank you! I'm looking into the FBI check now. Does anyone know a good place to get fingerprints done for the FBI check? Also, in terms of payment, it says to fill out the credit card form, but would anyone really feel secure sending all their card details in the post all the way to the States?
Old Mar 31st 2015, 3:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by craigthemason
What's the different thread got going on?
This one is named IEC2015...
Did the fact that I said 'I'll move your post there now' not give it away?!
Old Mar 31st 2015, 3:54 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone had any issues when submitting a medical.

The print out sheet i uploaded and sent with the rest of my application doesnt say 'submitted' it just says 'referred' for blood tests and 'required' for blood tests and xray - all of these have been completed but last year when i got it done, the sheet said something else and I got the sheet after everything had been completed.

It is still an emedial sheet but I am worried they will be asking for another sheet. The medical place said this one would be good enough

???
Old Mar 31st 2015, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

HannahM is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok thank you! I'm looking into the FBI check now. Does anyone know a good place to get fingerprints done for the FBI check? Also, in terms of payment, it says to fill out the credit card form, but would anyone really feel secure sending all their card details in the post all the way to the States?
I managed to get an appoinment with a company called UK Fingerprints in London pretty quickly. They charge £65. You can also get them done through Metropolitan Police on London (cost £72.90) but their appointments take a while to get. I also contacted my local city police station who, even though there was nothing on their website saying they could do it, said they could do for the same fee as the Met Police so that might be worth a try, especially if you don't live near London. Good luck getting it all sorted!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.