IEC 2015

Old Mar 25th 2015, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Kirol is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2015

Originally Posted by sydc
Form IMM1295; there's not enough room for ten years' employment history...shall I attach another sheet somehow or just fill out what there's room for?
That's the sort of thing I'd like to know. I don't think there's a way of adding an extra page, and since they're also asking for a CV, I don't think it'd be too much of an issue.
Just make sure to put in the extra information about it.

In other news, I can't seem to get a flight with a return 2 years later, so how do I go about filling the travel itinerary part to say that I can't get a 2 year return?
Old Mar 25th 2015, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kirol
That's the sort of thing I'd like to know. I don't think there's a way of adding an extra page, and since they're also asking for a CV, I don't think it'd be too much of an issue.
Just make sure to put in the extra information about it.

In other news, I can't seem to get a flight with a return 2 years later, so how do I go about filling the travel itinerary part to say that I can't get a 2 year return?
Because airlines don't do them. Generally it's not a requirement for the IEC scheme to have a return flight booked. It's either a return flight OR funds to book one.

As to how you'd fill it out... sounds like you've answered that for yourself
Old Mar 26th 2015, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

rana1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys. Just got my CAL. So from my understanding we go here: Apply online

Then say no and do the eligibility thing, even though I know my eligibility? And then thats where I submit my docs?

Also for what I'm doing in Canada, do I say work or visit?

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 27th 2015, 12:21 pm
PottsyJ

Joepottinger is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got my POE through
Old Mar 27th 2015, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Joepottinger
Just got my POE through
Congrats, you wouldn't mind just confirming my CIC question would you?
Old Mar 27th 2015, 5:16 pm
PottsyJ

Joepottinger is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rana1

Then say no and do the eligibility thing, even though I know my eligibility? And then thats where I submit my docs?

Thanks in advance
Sorry I am not sure on the apply online thing as I already had a cic account and just started a new one ages ago. I think you use the come to canada wizard and get a number from there maybe. Also I think you select work when going through the wizard.
Old Mar 27th 2015, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Joepottinger
Sorry I am not sure on the apply online thing as I already had a cic account and just started a new one ages ago. I think you use the come to canada wizard and get a number from there maybe. Also I think you select work when going through the wizard.
I see, ok thanks a lot for your advice though! Congrats again
Old Mar 27th 2015, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Amy1807 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks in advance
This is the one my OH used:
CIC MyCIC

Select continue to my GCKey

You can do the eligibility assessment once you have set up your account . And you want select that you want to work temporarily for over 6 months
Old Mar 27th 2015, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

David3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond repute

I have a question regarding available funds at port of entry.

I read somewhere that the money needs to be in my bank account for x amount of time before I try to enter Canada. Maybe I misread something or was reading a different process document.

I know it says the bank statement can be no older than 1 week, but cannot find the other info.

Anybody have any ideas, please?
Old Mar 27th 2015, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

doubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by David3627
I have a question regarding available funds at port of entry.

I read somewhere that the money needs to be in my bank account for x amount of time before I try to enter Canada. Maybe I misread something or was reading a different process document.

I know it says the bank statement can be no older than 1 week, but cannot find the other info.

Anybody have any ideas, please?
There is no minimum amount of time that you need to have the funds for, having a bank statement showing more than $2500 is perfectly sufficient.
Old Mar 27th 2015, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Amy1807
This is the one my OH used:
CIC MyCIC

Select continue to my GCKey

You can do the eligibility assessment once you have set up your account . And you want select that you want to work temporarily for over 6 months
Thank you! I just signed up, do you know how I can contact CIC to ask them a question about police certificates? I studied in USA from August 2012-June 2013 on an exchange year. I came home December 15th-January 15th in that time, so didn't strictly live there for 6 months straight. So I'm unsure if I need to submit one, and it doesn't actually say on my checklist that I need to send one. I want to double check with them but can't find anywhere to contact them?

THanks
Old Mar 27th 2015, 10:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you! I just signed up, do you know how I can contact CIC to ask them a question about police certificates? I studied in USA from August 2012-June 2013 on an exchange year. I came home December 15th-January 15th in that time, so didn't strictly live there for 6 months straight. So I'm unsure if I need to submit one, and it doesn't actually say on my checklist that I need to send one. I want to double check with them but can't find anywhere to contact them?

THanks
You were studying in the US but only came home for a vacation. Im suspecting CIC will want a Police Certificate as you lived there for more than 6 months. its a loose interpretation of the 6 month rule which I doubt you would win as your course duration was over 6 months.
Contact email for CIC London
General: Contact the Visa and Immigration Section
Old Mar 27th 2015, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
You were studying in the US but only came home for a vacation. Im suspecting CIC will want a Police Certificate as you lived there for more than 6 months. its a loose interpretation of the 6 month rule which I doubt you would win as your course duration was over 6 months.
Contact email for CIC London
General: Contact the Visa and Immigration Section
Ok thanks, I understand that might be the case. So assuming I do need to get the US one (Which I'm preparing for), do I just submit with only my UK one and then put the letter of explanation explaining the FBI one is in progress (as it takes months apparently) Or do I just put the letter of explanation and wait for what they say?

And also in MyCIC does the CV need to be the same one as when applying for the IEC the first time, or a more detailed one. I made my IEC one a bit more bland to match the template.

Thanks again for your help
Old Mar 28th 2015, 12:26 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats, you wouldn't mind just confirming my CIC question would you?
you bumped your question? How did you manage not to get that deleted?

I am still waiting for an answer to my question from earlier this week?
Old Mar 28th 2015, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

MrFloyd is just really niceMrFloyd is just really niceMrFloyd is just really niceMrFloyd is just really niceMrFloyd is just really niceMrFloyd is just really niceMrFloyd is just really niceMrFloyd is just really nice

Hmm. Rushing to get mine done before the police cert runs out on Monday.

Is anyone else getting problems with the CIC website telling you the file you uploaded is not the correct format... even though it clearly is?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.